1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles make money or just to promote your site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by donald, Apr 26, 2006.

I was wondering about it. My uncle has some article he may want to submit to the public. I do not know how it's work. Where is a good place to submit an article? do they pay for those articles or it is just a good way to promote your business site.
    What should I know before submitting an article? Thanks alot :)

donald, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Well if he doesnt have a website related to the content then the only thing I can suggest is if he sells the article. Which would be done probably on some forums just like this. But I wouldnt expect to get much from it.

aaron_nimocks, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  3. Robb

Robb Peon

Best Answers:
    I would take the articles he has, create your own website for FREE content, put the articles in different catagories, and promote your site. this way, youll make money from the ads on your site, and youll also have a "about the author" spot on the bottom of all the articles so that will generate traffic.

Selling premade articles probibly will not work unless you see someone here looking for articles, and your articles are exactly what they need.

- Robb

Robb, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  4. BHultstrand

BHultstrand Peon

Best Answers:
    Articles are one of the best ways to promote a site now a days. They give you direct traffic to your site as well as links for ranking naturally in search engines. If you have a site that you are trying to get traffic to right away, articles is the way to go. As far as selling an article, I think that a site that had traffic to it would make more money than outright selling the article to someone.

BHultstrand, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  5. donald

donald Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rob idea is a very good idea in this case. Because it's a local business that not good for more then 1 HR away most of the time.

donald, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  6. kashem

kashem Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want need list of sites to publish the articles yourself or your uncle want to do it himself, PM me I will give you the list of sites.
    If you need other help also PM me

kashem, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  7. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend

Actually article writing benefits for webmasters as it helps to bring more and more traffic. When we write articles and submit it to 50 directories with a link to our site at the botom, many people read the article and come to our site , this increases the traffic and we also get back links.

regards
    aditya

aditya_sfs, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  8. donald

donald Active Member

Best Answers:
    aditya_sfs , you are right, but in this case as I say , my uncle's business it's local so there's no reason to get traffic from all over, since it's not reach his costumers. However it's can be good for the search engines for local search.

I would like to know. Do you think it's good idea to submit my uncle article on a site like blogger.com, so everything it's already made up, and also blogger as you know let you use Google adsense in case you want. For me it's a good solution because he is only need to focus on writing articles. But for the future is it better to have your own domain with your own website template. What is your opinion about it?

donald, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  9. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr Crow, Apr 26, 2006 IP