1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Adsense allow one page website

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by facebookdev, Jul 7, 2008.

Hi,
    Today I came across buch of site which are one page only and hosted with free subdomain name . The content was from some free article site, I guess this page were created by any automated program in bulk by picking content only and adding adsense.
    Any idea, does Adsense TOS allow this kind of site. I couldn't find any search term but I guess this shouldn't be allowed .

Thanks,

facebookdev, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  2. nitu

nitu Peon

Best Answers:
    generelly google not allowed one page website.Make a website from 5 to 10 pages with valuable content.

nitu, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  3. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stay clear of one page websites - Google classes them as MFA and could ban you. You shoud at leave have a site with 20 pages of quality content.

Geraldm, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  4. idoit

idoit Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand why you create a website with only one or two pages.

idoit, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  5. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get your account banned if you involved in such activities. Usually the person applies for the adsense account using an established site and then place the codes everywhere on non-quality made for adsense sites to increase the earning. Sooner or later, google will crack down on it.

lycos, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  6. salman4raza

salman4raza Peon

Best Answers:
    make the website with some pages and some fresh content.
    one page didn't means to be a business.

salman4raza, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  7. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not like MFA sites! Single page sites with full of Ads are not their favorites.

maldives, Jul 7, 2008 IP
    Geraldm likes this.
  8. facebookdev

facebookdev Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for reply, I have no plan to build any such site..but I was curious to know that does google allow people to misuse internet and waste resource just by copying same data for no use.
    It's good to listen that google is smart enough to catch such site.. :)

facebookdev, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  9. pupkevicius

pupkevicius Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont think a one page website with adsense on it is against the rules if i am wrong please provide some evidence

pupkevicius, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  10. ARNOLDSCHWARTZ

ARNOLDSCHWARTZ Guest

Best Answers:
    I have actually seen some one page sites with adsense on them but they also had content on them too not just adsense

ARNOLDSCHWARTZ, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  11. ViewPublishing

ViewPublishing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would depend on what type of site it is. I had a whatismyip.com type site with adsense on it. Just a little paragraph about what the site does and it showed your public IP address. I never worried about that site because even though it lacked content it had a purpose.

ViewPublishing, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  12. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lightless, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  13. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a one page mfas site that earns me around 1000$ monthly. - i never been banned from adsense either.
    Why should i built 20 pages content rich websites when the only purpose of that domain is for users to click an ad and leave my website?
    Moreover, if i have more than one page, the users will waste time browsing through them, and my adsense ctr will get lower. One page mfas sites only leaves the users with one option: clicking an adsense ad cause there is no other links on that page.

Let me tell you, one page adsense sites are kicking ass in terms of earning from adsense and that s what matters.

nickflame, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  14. vex

vex Peon

Best Answers:
    Many replies above and not a single relevant reply!!! Get a life with your comments guys.

The truth is, OP, Google does allow sites that are one page. There are many sites that are one-page that belong to companies. Given this, one page sites are indeed normal, and is quite common. Why would Google not want one-page sites? Unless, of course, you have nothing other than ads on that one page... As long as your one page site offers valuable info, you are fine.

To the guys above saying a good site needs 20 pages or so. Again, get a life. Most company sites in the world are not more than 5 pages, unless they are huge companies like Yahoo, Facebook, university websites, etc. In fact, having a large site for a small business (or a small adsense publisher) is what makes a site MFA.

Are you guys all 8-year olds or what? DP's quality, I see, is falling down every day. 1 year ago, I used to see really good comments here, now all comments are so childish and ignorant.

vex, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  15. Geraldm

Best Answers:
    Hi Vex you dumb donkey, I think you've missed the point of the OP. He's talking about single page sites which contain none unique articles and adsense, read below:
    This to me is classic MFA which Google is trying to stamp out. My comment above was a statement saying if he was to create an 'article' site, it should be at least 20 pages with unique content.

Note: The OP made no mention of other types of one page sites other than Article sites, hence none of the comments above mention anything about business pages etc as you suggested.

If you have nothing constructive to say and just want to slag people off, try slaging someone that gives a shit what you think because no one here does.

Geraldm, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  16. vex

vex Peon

Best Answers:
    A classic example of a super dumb kiddie who actually tries to justify his dumb point...

My answer, you dumbass, focused on the answers above which were talking about how it is illegal to have a one page site. And I showed that it is NOT. As to that page being MFA, how would you know? I don't know either, and made no comment on this. OP talks about the possibility of that site having content copied from other sites, but does not state that it is. Other answers, too, focused on the site being one page.

In any case, content copied from other sites is not a cause for a ban, either. Though it will sure make a site rank badly in Google's search engine, adsense-wise, it does not raise an issue at all.

That being said, dumbass, congrats, you are a dumbass when looked at from any possible angle.

Now, I am wondering. Are you the same person as the OP, having a second account? I am sure you are! You just dont know whom you are challenging.

vex, Jul 7, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, we aren't paid posters or anything here, to post 25 word replies with good info. We share what info we can, sometimes it helps or sometimes it may not.
    Would you rather that no one replies to any question unless they have the perfect answer ?

lightless, Jul 7, 2008 IP
    Geraldm likes this.
  18. Geraldm

Best Answers:
    Fact: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Fact: The OP made no comment on if it was illegal or not, the OP merely questioned if these type of sites were allowed my Google’s TOS. It has nothing to do with legality!!

I suggest you go read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scraper_site

Fact: Again you fail to understand or read what the OP said: “The content was from some free article site”

Fact: That’s because the OP said the sites were one page!

Fact: A one page website with copied content and adsense will not generate traffic unless the owner pays for advertising … Google (even though not stated in their TOS) is against this type of site.

Fact: There is no other possible angle when the OP only focused on one particular angle and ONLY wanted an answer on that!

Fact: If you can prove that you’re superman.

Geraldm, Jul 7, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  19. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    It is not advisable and google could identify it immediately as MFA site

silveraden, Jul 8, 2008 IP
    Geraldm likes this.
  20. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Theres no certain policy on the number of pages in Adsense. As long as the site maintain all the Terms, its OK in my opinion.

Abhik, Jul 8, 2008 IP