1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does ISnare and other Article Distribution services work ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bluegill_catcher, Apr 11, 2006.

I like you folks have probably tried a lot of the stuff on the net, over the years, to find that most just takes the money and gives no results or just trash results.

I have tried distributing two articles through PR Web for $15 each, Results: No increase of traffic, etc...

I have tried many traffic exchanges and mlm's with no good results, only a few junk clicks here and there.

I have tried buying traffic about 5 times, from different places, either using a pop-under campaign or some other venture, results- They show the traffic was served, and my hit counter raises, but the traffic is just clicks or so junky and non targeted and foreign that it's worthless.

Now I am writing and submitting articles by hand, to roughyl 50 article sites each, and low and behold I see that ISnare (just one of many) has an article distribution service, where if I buy credits, they will submit my articles to thousands of places each. Here is actual text quote from there site:

You write the article and we distribute it to over 24,000+ publishers and hundreds of article sites.

We will NOT send SPAM nor buy email lists to distribute your articles. We are sending your articles to publishers and webmasters who subscribed in article announcement/distribution lists using double opt-in method. These publishers and webmasters opted to recieve free reprint articles daily.

--------------------------------------

Now here is my question, Is this or such a service worth the money ? Is it just more crap or do you get great results ? I am looking for folks who have used them or a very similar service - What is the truth about it ?

bluegill_catcher, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  2. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes absolutely - here is an article that tells one benefit of Article marketing

etting frustrated because you are not seeing an increase in traffic to your web site?

Not to worry. There is no shame in taking some helpful hints and inside information from others who has been where you are now.When we first entered the web we were climbing the rankings but it was very slow. As you probably are doing now, we had to ask ourselves: “what are we doing wrong?”

After a lot of research and listening we realized that we had to make ourselves visible to the search engines. They would not just come and get us.

How do you do that? First of all you might want to take a good critical look at your own web site. Is your headline one that will capture a visitor’s attention and curiosity?

Honestly, how is that content? The content of your web site needs to be interesting, informative, factual and beneficial.

You need to keep your visitor interested in what he/she is reading. Also give them as much information as possible about the subject they are reading. Information is the number one reason people search the web.

Another thing that is very important is that your visitors believe you know what you are talking about. Therefore make sure you do some research and get your facts straight before you write your content. Trust is a big factor for a potential customer.

If you are selling a product make sure you give them all the benefits by getting it and getting it from you.Make sure you have a lot if key words in your content.This alone should improve your traffic and rankings some but there are other things you can and should do at the same time.

Write articles! Articles will boost your rankings immensely. For us it was like unleashing a tornado, all of a sudden we where everywhere.You can be too.

What kind of articles? It does not really matter. You can write about anything you want, including topics regarding and relating to your web site.

Start getting them out there. Submit them to as many article banks as you can. There are hundreds out there. The more articles you get out, the higher are the chances
    that other web sites will pick them up and use them.

Regardless, your site will get more exposure.We were even able to start our own article bank. Why not try and make it a habit to write 1 article a day and submitting it to a few article banks.

It will not take very long, maybe one hour a day. Believe us it is well worth it.Anything must be better than what you are doing now.

Take a good look at your web site. Make some necessary changes. Get some articles out there and you should be able to see some very pleasant results.
    GOOD LUCK

Also Check this out
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=71976&highlight=submitcontent.com

Mr Crow, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  3. Busybee

Busybee Guest

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience I would have to say that your results will depend on the audience you are trying to reach as well as the quality of your writing skills. I have read many wonderful testimonials online about article distribution, but most of these come from people who are writing articles about web marketing and promotion. I tried signing up with an article distribution service last year which has a free option and a paid option. I opted for the paid option (which cost me $40 for a few months) and after submitting a few articles I realized that my articles were being distributed mainly to yahoo groups, and I didn't get any significant traffic from the distribution. (I write articles for a niche topic that doesn't get much coverage in the article distribution sites). I have also tried submitting articles on my own, and I have gotten the best results from submitting to ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com, and by searching for specialty sites within my niche and hand submitting the articles myself. But after trying all of this, I have gotten very little traffic as a result. And I've decided that it actually makes more sense for me to publish the articles on my websites myself and profit from adsense, than to give my articles to others to do the same thing. It sounds like you have done a lot of work already. If you are not seeing good results by now, I doubt that you will see better results if you pay for a distribution service. You might want to try working on SEO to get your articles good search engine rankings.

Busybee, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  4. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Busy Bee can I ask the topic which you have trouble finding a directory for

Mr Crow, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  5. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    They are great services. We use them when submitting articles for our clients. In addition to these sites, there's dozens upon dozens of other free article submission places you can submit to. Also, don't forget to post excerpts on messageboards as well as social distribution networks.

webmasterlabor.com, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting articles is never going to get you much traffic directly.

You should do it as part of a wider seo campaign and then your search engine rankings will increase over a period of few weeks/months.

I syndicate hundreds of articles for myself and clients and have tried all the methods of submitting and have never got much traffic from it.

When you get it right the increase in search engine rankings is fantastic though.

mad4, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  7. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Which gives you more traffic - so if it increases your presense in the Search Engines then it increases traffic indirectly

So yes article submissions do give you more traffic - lol

Mr Crow, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  8. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, Can you explain this...

I've just had a look at your article site in your sig man, and found this page, as i like aviation...

http://www.ezinecrow.com/Article/Flight---History-Of-Aeroplanes-And-Steps-Of-Flying/18050

Sharon Albright, the person who wrote it, only seems to have 1 link back to her site, and the anchor text is "Flight".

Theres a lot of work gone into this article (or it looks like there has been) for one link???...

Search engines carnt "read" a page, woulnt it just crawl through this page, see more links to "ezinecrow" and assosiate all them keywords to your site?

Theres 466,000,000 results in google for the word "flight"
    Top result: www.baa.co.uk backlinks: 1180000
    So her link back "flight", would basicly be impossible to fight for?

I'm in no way insulting or mocking your site by the way man - im just curious on how article submision helps, when out of all that work, theres only 1 link back to your site, and you could achive the same by submiting your keyword rich anchor text into a directory?

itsall3, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  9. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    In most cases search engines only give credit for 1 link per page no matter how many there are.

The key with articles is that you get a link from a page that is related to your subject. This is hugely valuable and makes them much better than a directory link.

mad4, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  10. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok, keeping to the same example then (sorry Mr Crow ;) )

What would make "Sharon Albright's" site get the 1 link credit, over the Mr Crow's link back to his main page - as its on the page more?

So, because the article is about aviation, and has lots of keywords, flight, wind, sky, etc, all about flying -- in some way this benifts the pages it links to? How?

Thanks by the way man, this is intreasting stuff. cheers

itsall3, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    A page can give credit to as many sites as it wants to link to. In my experience if a page links to another page 5 times it won't have any more weight than if it links once.

The writer obviously wants to target the niche centered around those keywords rather than the specific keywords themselves.

mad4, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  12. steadymarvin

steadymarvin Peon

Best Answers:
    I've often wondered about this. I'm a humorist (actually I only help them when they're busy). I'm sceptical about some of the claims people make about article submission but I'm writing stuff all the time and I figure that I might as well put my articles out. Each time I do that's one guaranteed backlink and I don't have to reciprocate. And if the articles get picked up - hey that's another backlink and I didn't have to do anything.

Being an optimist (I've been on the humour dependancy list for over 10 years) I figure that any of these articles may lead to traffic and that one of them might get me book-marked on del.icio.us or - please god - slash-dotted. My scepticism won't let me pay for distribution but article submission doesn't cost much time so... why would you not submit?

steadymarvin, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  13. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, you have to figure in blogspammers picking up your article to put up on their thousands of Blogger blogs as the content they need. The results could be either that you get a bunch of extra links... or that you are associated with spammers and end up getting banned.

I think the jury is still out on whether articles are going to be as effective in the future as they have been in the past as a result of this abuse.

stephenmunday, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing does increase most sites traffic by a little. But if you don't get much traffic from them then at least you will be improving your sites link popularity, which should then help your search engine rankings.

john269, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  15. steadymarvin

steadymarvin Peon

Best Answers:
    I googled some text out of just one of my articles and it came up with 57 links - not bad for 5 minutes work!

steadymarvin, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  16. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that article submission services work, and if you're going to use one, I'd recommend Article Marketer over ISnare. Rather than submit articles based on a double opt-in basis (which eliminates spam issues, but isn't targeted), Article Marketer submits articles based on topic, and only submits to relevant directories/news groups. I think this is a much more sound strategy, and will probably afford better results.

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't put out articles for distribution. I think google and other SE's are smart enough to make sure tons of duplicate content linking to you is in no way natural. I'd spend a few more minutes and write several unique articles and put them on sites that will generate you traffic. You'll be a ton happier with the outcome.

If its quick and easy, it probably won't work too well.

lorien1973, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  18. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    iSnare is great from what I have heard. :) Keep the unique articles on your site, and just summarize them in full details on article distribution sites. And then, just link the rest of that summary to the full unique article which will be on your site. :D

Google and other search engines won't penalize you for that. ;)

EGS, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  19. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use Isnare. I have had a some alright results with them. I find using a service like this is much quicker than having to submit my articles all buy hand to each articles directory.

I just have not got the time anymore to do article submissions and my other daily tasks.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  20. articlesubmitter

articlesubmitter Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL - I hate to do this because we are yet another submission org. but we are studying how isnare works to possible colaborate with them as we have with TPW... to resell...

As far as iSnare is concern they will submit your article to the right article email groups and "article site" they have.......basing from the topic/category of the article... I'd say iSnare works just like how Article Marketers works, these big providers need to do it properly else sites they submit to will close down on them.

articlesubmitter, Apr 26, 2006 IP