1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Noob needs help with ftp...

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by clairebear3, Jul 4, 2008.

First post:eek:

I had a lovely email from adsense asking why I wasn't using adsense search so I thought what the hell...

After reading the instructions 10 times I downloaded Pagebreeze, saved a copy of my blog on blogger, pasted the code into the correct place and it looked pretty good on the preview. Now, I went to the publishing page and they started asking me about ftp host. I didn't know what this was so I did some searching and this is what I came up with, please correct me!...

An ftp is an address of your own site ie not through blogger or such...?
    I had some free web space with my internet provider so I activated an account/domain name there, does this help...?
    How do I then get everything from my blog onto this site...?
    If my site is then my own and nothing to do with blogger how the hell do I publish posts...?

Gah i'm so confused! I have used the search function on this site but couldn't understand any of the answers:(

Can anyone give me some tips please?

If I actually get this done imagine the questions i'm going to have about configuring adsense!

Thx Claire

clairebear3, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  2. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you have your own webspace, install wordpress cms on it, and then you can just import your blogger.com blog into the new blog. It is very easy. But you need to give me more information. You can easily incorporate Google Adsense Ads and Adsense for Search on WordPress CMS. It is just as flexible and powerful as Blogger.

But on the other hand, if you wish to continue using Blogger, you can easily add Google Adsense for Search from the Layout Tab. Click on Add new element, and select HTML/Javascript. Then, paste the created code into the box. Thats all you need to incorporate Adsense for Search into your blog.

Check out the example blog http://peakoilhazard.blogspot.com/ where I have implemented Google Adsense Search. If you need any assistance, feel free to PM me.

Cheers!!

gauharjk, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  3. clairebear3

clairebear3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much! Wyy can't they tell you it's that easy to put it on blogger!

So everytime I update the key words or something for adsense do i then need to remove the old one from my site and then re-add the new code? Or does it update itself?

Here it is...
    http://thehousethatkoenclairerebuilt.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

clairebear3, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  4. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to change the code. It updates itself automatically... :)

All the best for your blog... :D

gauharjk, Jul 6, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.