1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom Search Engine Critque

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by donace7, Jul 5, 2008.

Im gonna try and make this sweet and short;

Basically been working on a script that auto finds blogs with 'do-follow' enabled and adds them to a custom google SE (1.3k sites at mo PR0-8);

Unfortunately due to my lack of skills It cannot save the urls in a hard copy (.txt). But that is neither here or there.

What I need help with is for a few people to go here http://search.thenexus.tk and search one or two terms and pick a random link and see if it is do-follow.

If the majority I find is then success for my first true script if not ...back to reading php books then!

What i plan to do (once i know how ) is:

> filter splogs ;
    > filter out index, category, archive pages from the results
    > as the SE is based on google it is sorted by PR (i'm assuming) but to make it more visual I plan to add the PR of displayed urls so its slightly easier plus possible alexa rank. (just working on how to manipulate results.)

Thanks in advance for your help and I apologise for the lack of colour on the page

donace7, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  2. cbn81

cbn81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice initiative, but it seems to find also nofollow blogs!

cbn81, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  3. donace7

donace7 Peon

Best Answers:
    due to the nature of the crawler and my lack of experience some slip through!

Keep in mind though there are three main types of dofollow plugins

1) Direct - where the name link is do-follow.
    2) Do-follow only activated after multiple comments.
    3) Link love/ in comment links = do-follow and not name link.

If you could tell me the urls and I will filter them out; thanks for the help

donace7, Jul 5, 2008 IP