1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul: Something Big is Going On

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guerilla, Jul 2, 2008.

I caught this on the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty Blog. I would have added it to the update threads, but thought that such a profound and comprehensive message might resonate better under it's own thread.

I beseech you to take 5 minutes from your day to read and consider this. And please comment if you have questions or concerns.

The following statement is written by Congressman Paul about the pending financial disaster. He will introduce this statement as a special order and insert it into the Congressional Record next week. Fortunately, we have the opportunity to debut it first on the Campaign for Liberty blog. It reads as follows:

I have, for the past 35 years, expressed my grave concern for the future of America. The course we have taken over the past century has threatened our liberties, security and prosperity. In spite of these long-held concerns, I have days—growing more frequent all the time—when I’m convinced the time is now upon us that some Big Events are about to occur. These fast-approaching events will not go unnoticed. They will affect all of us. They will not be limited to just some areas of our country. The world economy and political system will share in the chaos about to be unleashed.

Though the world has long suffered from the senselessness of wars that should have been avoided, my greatest fear is that the course on which we find ourselves will bring even greater conflict and economic suffering to the innocent people of the world—unless we quickly change our ways.

America, with her traditions of free markets and property rights, led the way toward great wealth and progress throughout the world as well as at home. Since we have lost our confidence in the principles of liberty, self reliance, hard work and frugality, and instead took on empire building, financed through inflation and debt, all this has changed. This is indeed frightening and an historic event.

The problem we face is not new in history. Authoritarianism has been around a long time. For centuries, inflation and debt have been used by tyrants to hold power, promote aggression, and provide “bread and circuses” for the people. The notion that a country can afford “guns and butter” with no significant penalty existed even before the 1960s when it became a popular slogan. It was then, though, we were told the Vietnam War and a massive expansion of the welfare state were not problems. The seventies proved that assumption wrong.

Today things are different from even ancient times or the 1970s. There is something to the argument that we are now a global economy. The world has more people and is more integrated due to modern technology, communications, and travel. If modern technology had been used to promote the ideas of liberty, free markets, sound money and trade, it would have ushered in a new golden age—a globalism we could accept.

Instead, the wealth and freedom we now enjoy are shrinking and rest upon a fragile philosophic infrastructure. It is not unlike the levies and bridges in our own country that our system of war and welfare has caused us to ignore.

I’m fearful that my concerns have been legitimate and may even be worse than I first thought. They are now at our doorstep. Time is short for making a course correction before this grand experiment in liberty goes into deep hibernation.

There are reasons to believe this coming crisis is different and bigger than the world has ever experienced. Instead of using globalism in a positive fashion, it’s been used to globalize all of the mistakes of the politicians, bureaucrats and central bankers.

Being an unchallenged sole superpower was never accepted by us with a sense of humility and respect. Our arrogance and aggressiveness have been used to promote a world empire backed by the most powerful army of history. This type of globalist intervention creates problems for all citizens of the world and fails to contribute to the well-being of the world’s populations. Just think how our personal liberties have been trashed here at home in the last decade.

The financial crisis, still in its early stages, is apparent to everyone: gasoline prices over $4 a gallon; skyrocketing education and medical-care costs; the collapse of the housing bubble; the bursting of the NASDAQ bubble; stockmarkets plunging; unemployment rising;, massive underemployment; excessive government debt; and unmanageable personal debt. Little doubt exists as to whether we’ll get stagflation. The question that will soon be asked is: When will the stagflation become an inflationary depression?

There are various reasons that the world economy has been globalized and the problems we face are worldwide. We cannot understand what we’re facing without understanding fiat money and the long-developing dollar bubble.

There were several stages. From the inception of the Federal Reserve System in 1913 to 1933, the Central Bank established itself as the official dollar manager. By 1933, Americans could no longer own gold, thus removing restraint on the Federal Reserve to inflate for war and welfare.

By 1945, further restraints were removed by creating the Bretton-Woods Monetary System making the dollar the reserve currency of the world. This system lasted up until 1971. During the period between 1945 and 1971, some restraints on the Fed remained in place. Foreigners, but not Americans, could convert dollars to gold at $35 an ounce. Due to the excessive dollars being created, that system came to an end in 1971.

It’s the post Bretton-Woods system that was responsible for globalizing inflation and markets and for generating a gigantic worldwide dollar bubble. That bubble is now bursting, and we’re seeing what it’s like to suffer the consequences of the many previous economic errors.

Ironically in these past 35 years, we have benefited from this very flawed system. Because the world accepted dollars as if they were gold, we only had to counterfeit more dollars, spend them overseas (indirectly encouraging our jobs to go overseas as well) and enjoy unearned prosperity. Those who took our dollars and gave us goods and services were only too anxious to loan those dollars back to us. This allowed us to export our inflation and delay the consequences we now are starting to see.

But it was never destined to last, and now we have to pay the piper. Our huge foreign debt must be paid or liquidated. Our entitlements are coming due just as the world has become more reluctant to hold dollars. The consequence of that decision is price inflation in this country—and that’s what we are witnessing today. Already price inflation overseas is even higher than here at home as a consequence of foreign central bank’s willingness to monetize our debt.

Printing dollars over long periods of time may not immediately push prices up–yet in time it always does. Now we’re seeing catch-up for past inflating of the monetary supply. As bad as it is today with $4 a gallon gasoline, this is just the beginning. It’s a gross distraction to hound away at “drill, drill, drill” as a solution to the dollar crisis and high gasoline prices. Its okay to let the market increase supplies and drill, but that issue is a gross distraction from the sins of deficits and Federal Reserve monetary shenanigans.

This bubble is different and bigger for another reason. The central banks of the world secretly collude to centrally plan the world economy. I’m convinced that agreements among central banks to “monetize” U.S. debt these past 15 years have existed, although secretly and out of the reach of any oversight of anyone—especially the U.S. Congress that doesn’t care, or just flat doesn’t understand. As this “gift” to us comes to an end, our problems worsen. The central banks and the various governments are very powerful, but eventually the markets overwhelm when the people who get stuck holding the bag (of bad dollars) catch on and spend the dollars into the economy with emotional zeal, thus igniting inflationary fever.

This time—since there are so many dollars and so many countries involved—the Fed has been able to “paper” over every approaching crisis for the past 15 years, especially with Alan Greenspan as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, which has allowed the bubble to become history’s greatest.

The mistakes made with excessive credit at artificially low rates are huge, and the market is demanding a correction. This involves excessive debt, misdirected investments, over-investments, and all the other problems caused by the government when spending the money they should never have had. Foreign militarism, welfare handouts and $80 trillion entitlement promises are all coming to an end. We don’t have the money or the wealth-creating capacity to catch up and care for all the needs that now exist because we rejected the market economy, sound money, self reliance and the principles of liberty.

Since the correction of all this misallocation of resources is necessary and must come, one can look for some good that may come as this “Big Even” unfolds.

There are two choices that people can make. The one choice that is unavailable to us is to limp along with the status quo and prop up the system with more debt, inflation and lies. That won’t happen.

One of the two choices, and the one chosen so often by government in the past is that of rejecting the principles of liberty and resorting to even bigger and more authoritarian government. Some argue that giving dictatorial powers to the President, just as we have allowed him to run the American empire, is what we should do. That’s the great danger, and in this post-911 atmosphere, too many Americans are seeking safety over freedom. We have already lost too many of our personal liberties already. Real fear of economic collapse could prompt central planners to act to such a degree that the New Deal of the 30’s might look like Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence.

The more the government is allowed to do in taking over and running the economy, the deeper the depression gets and the longer it lasts. That was the story of the 30ss and the early 40s, and the same mistakes are likely to be made again if we do not wake up.

But the good news is that it need not be so bad if we do the right thing. I saw “Something Big” happening in the past 18 months on the campaign trail. I was encouraged that we are capable of waking up and doing the right thing. I have literally met thousands of high school and college kids who are quite willing to accept the challenge and responsibility of a free society and reject the cradle-to-grave welfare that is promised them by so many do-good politicians.

If more hear the message of liberty, more will join in this effort. The failure of our foreign policy, welfare system, and monetary policies and virtually all government solutions are so readily apparent, it doesn’t take that much convincing. But the positive message of how freedom works and why it’s possible is what is urgently needed.

One of the best parts of accepting self reliance in a free society is that true personal satisfaction with one’s own life can be achieved. This doesn’t happen when the government assumes the role of guardian, parent or provider, because it eliminates a sense of pride. But the real problem is the government can’t provide the safety and economic security that it claims. The so-called good that government claims it can deliver is always achieved at the expense of someone else’s freedom. It’s a failed system and the young people know it.

Restoring a free society doesn’t eliminate the need to get our house in order and to pay for the extravagant spending. But the pain would not be long-lasting if we did the right things, and best of all the empire would have to end for financial reasons. Our wars would stop, the attack on civil liberties would cease, and prosperity would return. The choices are clear: it shouldn’t be difficult, but the big event now unfolding gives us a great opportunity to reverse the tide and resume the truly great American Revolution started in 1776. Opportunity knocks in spite of the urgency and the dangers we face.

Let’s make “Something Big is Happening” be the discovery that freedom works and is popular and the big economic and political event we’re witnessing is a blessing in disguise.

guerilla, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! It is deserving of a thread of its own. Now lets hope people read this and open their minds and learn a thing or two.

guru-seo, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what Ron Paul and few others were screaming about. Im glad to finally see some of us americans starting to finally realize whats happening here. Our careless foreign interventionism is not only causing an economic bubble but giving foreign nations the wrong idea of democracy and how beautiful it can be . How long before we lose all of our allready shrinking liberties?

pingpong123, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  4. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    If people do not wake up in time, one day they will wake up to a dictatorship and will ask themselves "How did we get here?"

guru-seo, Jul 2, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  5. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    That is my worst Fear Guru and the fear of all freedom loving people in this country.:(

pingpong123, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  6. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Very nice article. America is in shambles.

webwork, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  7. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i see America is going into a dead end these days... Political/financial/Army... It looks like the War Lords had taken over your government!

I read alot of stuff from rense(dot)com (don't know the guy - shit i'm portuguese) for some years now and i realize american people is in danger: real danger.

An an outsider, maybe i can see where the punch is heading to, instead of some americans...

And the american media, oh well, we live in dangerous times.

scubita, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  8. NathanCH

NathanCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not into Politics very much. In fact, I'm not even an American. But is Ron Paul just a big joke? Why do some people support him when he has 0% chance of winning. He may share your values, but you have see what is reality at some point.

(I'm not trying to be rude, I'd just like to know.)

NathanCH, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  9. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    The revolution has just started. I will only vote for a pro ron paul politician and i suspect most ron paul supporters will do and we will not sacrifice our ethics and beliefs just to elect someone who is more palatable to us. We want freedom, we want liberty, and we want smaller government.

pingpong123, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  10. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As human beings, we have certain Core Values and principles in our life. I believe we all share these values. We all work to make our ideas heard, so as to make this world a better place.

Some of these values which I admire the most in Ron Paul are
    1. Integrity in words and actions
    2. Honesty
    3. Candor
    4. unflinching support for Liberty, at any cost.
    5. Belief that human beings (you and me) are smart & capable of making their own decisions.

You know why people love Ron Paul and his ideas? Because his frequency matches with their mental frequencies, his values, his principles about liberty, small government, sound money are so correct. It is as if Ron Paul is some latter-day prophet whom people have failed to recognize.

How do we know that Ron Paul will always tell the truth and support liberty? His actions during the past 30 years speak louder than words.
    There is only one word to describe his record..... "Awesome"

That is why, people still support Ron Paul. He will always be remembered as the one who challenged the mighty Military-Industrial Complex and created a Grass-roots Revolution... :D

gauharjk, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  11. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Really well said gauharjk, I couldn't have said it better myself.

webwork, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is beautiful how he will be speaking this for the Congressional Record, speaking truth to power.

Hopefully people who read it, make the connection he is trying to explain, that big government is a dangerous and undesirable thing. And that any government big enough to take care of you, is big enough to be very dangerous.

Money plays such an important role. The gold standard idea is not a myth. The Founders didn't choose gold and silver carelessly for the nation's money. They knew that paper money enables government to cheat and steal, ultimately hurting the very people it is supposed to serve.

If we want to understand the system, we wil have to understand sound money and the philosophical ideas behind liberty.

guerilla, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  13. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Except he's really not all that funny. :D

Lexiseek, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  14. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people deserve to be enslaved, just being aware of what's going on makes me so angry. There's so many dumb people these days from all the years of government education and dependency that it feels like it's not even worth fighting for freedom.

The stakes are so much greater today than in 1776, mainly because we're outweighed by FOOLS. I don't know the ratio back then, but it had to be a lot less than it is today. I can feel what's about to come and it's exactly like Ron said, people will seek authoritarianism for protection, like sheep be expected to. It all seems like a dream, are people really this gullible? Haven't we learned anything from history?

Great article anyhow, doesn't take much to make me enraged anymore, glad you guys are at least still sane.

ncz_nate, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  15. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems appropriate to quote a bit from our Declaration of Independence in this thread:
    If the "Big Event" Ron Paul speaks of is realized, and I do believe it is just a matter of time myself, I think the world will finally see the true American spirit reborn.

Bernard, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  16. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Old Guard will be overthrown, and the New Guard will take its place... Lets wait and watch.

gauharjk, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  17. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I find this particularly funny. If he's a libertarian as he claims, he'd be against net neutrality because net neutrality is a regulation on the internet.

He's constantly using pork and other entitlements for his constituency. He votes unconstitutionally to restrict abortions.

He goes on record as his stupid Texas town hall meetings about the government being behind 9/11.

His almost crazy racist political ads on Mexicans and the restriction of the free movement of labor.

His crazy idea of not giving citizenship to people that are born here.

He stated that he supported Federally funded abstinence programs in school.

The sad part about libertarianism is that it's just a political philosophy. It doesn't reflect any of their personal views. Like his of creationism, homophobia, another other racist conspiracy theories he follows.

Oh and this doozie.

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion." - Ronny Pauly.

Supper, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  18. steganos

steganos Banned

Best Answers:
    That makes the hair on my neck stand up. Sadly there are to many low income Americans who will be be able to stay afloat when this takes full effect. Like my mother. Who I, yes I, give money to. She will not be helped by tax payers.
    Be sure to help your neighbors out in times ahead. You should be the first line of help.

steganos, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  19. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Where else in not only america but throughout the world can you find a politician that is willing abd able to speak the truth in the face of such overwhelming odds and power and stand his ground. Not only does he speak it but he lives it through his voting record. I wonder why the major media outlets didnt emphasize RP's perfect voting record and also didnt emphasize his opponents lack of consistentency on their voting records. I mean , republicans and democrats alike:::: DOESNT THIS BUG YOU?

pingpong123, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  20. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure the proportion of idiots is a constant :)

iul, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.