1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody Ever Buy Clicks?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AffilateRook1, Jul 3, 2008.

Just wondering if anybody has ever purchased any of those "xx,xxx" visitors to your site for $10 or whatever, and if so the success rate with them

AffilateRook1, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  2. TrevorJones

TrevorJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your money my friend, you will not see any sales as the traffic isn't organic.

TrevorJones, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  3. rebelagent

rebelagent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually people purchase that because they're planning on selling the website and they want it too look like they were getting somewhere. Ancient method like rolling back the miles on a used car. You're better off paying for myspace bulletins or ads on a social network, game site, or proxy site.

rebelagent, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    scubita likes this.
  4. Unreal

Unreal Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't buy from one of those sites, but I have been looking at some sites where they allow you to buy an ad spot on their site for a certain amount of money per month.

Unreal, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  5. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's mostly junk traffic. If it actually had any value, and the visitors converted it would be worth a lot more than $10.

xmartel, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  6. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree. Rep added. I believe that kind of traffic is good for Youtube etc but for sales, nop.

scubita, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    rebelagent likes this.
  7. Thirtysixway

Thirtysixway Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought it to see if it worked. You do get traffic, but the odds of those people staying or using your site are very slim. I bought 50 clicks for 85 cents to test it, wasn't worth it really.

Thirtysixway, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  8. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    Years ago I owned one of those sites selling traffic. It was ok then but has evolved to pretty useless traffic in my opinion. It used to be a really good source for adult traffic. I think now it is SEO, backlinks or buy some 3waylinks and web 2.0 stuff that also can be hit or miss depending on the degree it is targeted.

charter, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  9. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    A complete waste of time and money. Don't be suckered into it.

C.Whyte, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  10. Vonman

Vonman Peon

Best Answers:
    I buy clicks from PTC sites and other traffic sites to get my views up on youtube to around 10,000-20,000. Once my videos are at that many views they start getting lots of traffic.

Don't buy that type of traffic if you want to actually sell something though, they will more than likely not buy anything.

Vonman, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  11. jkrish41

jkrish41 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have once, but never again.
    My opinion: it's not worth it, just junk.

jkrish41, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  12. treesearcher

treesearcher Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with others that it is not worth it. The person who is selling these may just be putting your url into an automatic system that surfs the sites being advertised until the purchase amount is used up. Another thing, there is a big difference between hits and visitors to your site. However, you still don't have the assurance that "real" people are seeing your advertisement because the term "clicks" is vague.

Say it with me everyone ... If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. LOL

treesearcher, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  13. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then why are so many people selling this service? Are they hoping to attract the business of new people starting out that don't know the low quality of this traffic?

chant, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  14. rebelagent

rebelagent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because I think in part that there's some sort of conversion rate for sales. Every 1,000 visitors may equal one signup or sale. Sadly those statistics should be multiplied times 3 to 5 for the fact that most PTC employees aren't interested in shopping at all. They're interested in earning. In fact a lot of people use macros to browse their programs automatically. So you may not even get a real user. A lot make '$XXXX' a month EBooks recommend macro programs for PTC and PTS.

I noticed that every 230 visits for my website equaled 1 signup. I didn't make money but I gained a semi real member. Costs a pretty penny though. I also think that some people make money back from pay per impression ads.

A lot of people still thinks this works. And PTC sites aren't hard to develop or find free scripts.

I'd say worthy and more advanced programs like Mypoints actually work because the consumers are offered more incentives for purchases, such as larger discounts from the stores. However to buy into Mypoints probably costs a pretty penny.

rebelagent, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  15. LuckyPimp

LuckyPimp Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying clicks is soooooo not cool.

LuckyPimp, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  16. willtxcs

willtxcs Banned

Best Answers:
    I have once or twice, it's pretty worthless, the traffic is derived from pop ups im pretty sure, and who actually looks at popups LOL

willtxcs, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  17. NewTier

NewTier Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some people achieve good ROI only if the clicks are from Popunders or Popups on sites. You may want to go with a reliable ad network to achieve this.

NewTier, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  18. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    i have to agree with all the posters saying that paid-to-click traffic is garbage. i did have mild success with a ptc campaign advertising my amazon affiliate id to get the cookie on their computer. those that want to drive traffic to youtube and such you can get good deals at getpaidforum.com, there is a subforum for webmasters advertising 'specials'. 1000 clicks 10 cents for e.g.

ceaseer, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  19. $tumbler

$tumbler Banned

Best Answers:
    Agreed people get paid to spend x seconds on your site.

$tumbler, Jul 7, 2008 IP