1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Web Directories

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by CanadianEh, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I took a quick look down the page and almost all the post were "submit to my new directory. If you can't beat them then join them.

www.best-web-directories.com has been created to help webmasters and website promoters decide what directories to submit their site to. The site includes rankings and reviews of the best directories.

I have just created a best webmaster directories page. If your site provides a product or service that a webmaster would use then I really recommend adding your site here. These listings will provide you with a better categorized link than general directories, increasing the chance of traffic from your target audience. These directories are usually less crowded, meaning that your chances are better of receiving a high PageRank link.

CanadianEh, Jan 15, 2005 IP
    infonote likes this.
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nice site... it's great to have a list of good directories to submit to so you can use your time more efficiently.

dcristo, Jan 15, 2005 IP
  3. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is Buzzle really a high traffic directory? I'm listed in there and have never received 1 hit. For SEO purposes its useless. Do you have a site that has received a lot of hits from being listed in Buzzle?

silencer, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  4. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Buzzle has an Alexa rating of 5971, which is very good. A lot of the traffic comes because the site is also a portal, with articles and more. Certain types of sites would probably receive more hits than others from Buzzle.

CanadianEh, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  5. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Canadian, your site looks pretty good. I'd appreciate if you can review my Online Shopping Directory: http://www.onestop-directory.com/ . I'd be happy to be included your free directory list.
    thanks in advance

onestop, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  6. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    onestop I like your directory tooo, nice Orange colors.

seoxperts, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  7. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks seoxperts
    I try to review all the submission within 48hours. It's free submission, and I tried to optimize for SE's. Even though it's pretty new, I'm getting good search engine results. I also have a budget to advertise it. I am being pretty selective, and my goal is to have a quality directory which have only good resources.

onestop, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    silencer, that's contradictory what you have said. Most SEOs submit to web directories not so much for the direct traffic benefits, but for link popularity. I guess the expectations you have from a directory submission is inlfuenced by if/how much you pay for inclusion.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  9. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is beneficial to submit to directories. My brand new site is only 3 days old, it is already in the google index because I submited it to a couple of directories.

Googles76, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  10. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is it contradictory? Buzzle doesn't improve your link popularity at all, it doesn't contain direct static links, so therefore it's not SEO friendly. Since it also sends no direct traffic, what's the point in being listed in it?

The Alexa rank is deceiving. Most people with the Alexa toolbar, would be webmasters, and people involved with websites. Since these are the people that would also be submitting websites to the directory (or reading the articles as CandianEh suggested) that would be where the Alexa ranking comes from. Not from people using the directory to visit the sites it contains.

People use search engines to find what they are looking for not directories.

silencer, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  11. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good points silencer.

I hadn't made the connection that a disporportionate amount of Alexa toolbar users are webmasters.

More important, Buzzle provides re-directed links so they won't be passing us any of their PR.

CanadianEh, Jan 24, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.