1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Little harsh ehh?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ben-AceofTech, Jul 3, 2008.

Well, I know I haven't been here long, but it didn't take me more than 2 weeks to go "dang, I chose a really bad name"

And after a forum search of "user name change" nothing came up... so I never thought to look in the problem/ suggestion section because I thought a through, 10 minute board search would have found that stickied topic.

So I went in, posted my problem, and got a few nice answers and an immediate topic lock... ehh, okay I'm stuck with this horrible username. Well, now, 3 days later someone just out of the blue gives me some negative rep on the topic an you want to know what they said...

"READ THE F****** FAQ"

Yeah, plus, I lost 5 of my rep points... I had 21, now I only got 16, because some guy was a real jerk when it came to this matter.

So my complaint is, if a through board search of "user name change" or "change forum name" doesn't come up with that sticked topic well then maybe someone should fix the searching because really don't think that was fair.

anyway, it says I can post any my heart desires so I'm just sharing my thoughts on a very rude reputation point I received. I mean, the topic had been locked for 3 days... does someone (with a large power to change reputation) just enjoy being a jerk to people like me??

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. Emie.

Emie. Banned

Best Answers:
    It's just rep, you'll get more. Don't worry about it. :]

Emie., Jul 3, 2008 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    There are bad hats and nasty people everywhere. Do not take it at heart, you will be playing into their trap if you feel bad or discouraged about it. They are precisely trying to do that to you. Do not worry and go on as normal. Though I would strongly suggest reading the FAQ and the Stickies which will give you a lot of information and what to do, what not to do etc.

wisdomtool, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  4. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah trust me, after that I've already read just about every FAQ I could find...

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 3, 2008 IP