1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good FREE directory script?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by simonspurr, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    To the arsehole that left the negative rep saying "are you Kevin by any chance?" - Feel free to send me a PM. National security can go to hell, I'll send you a copy of my passport if you'd really like. Best that you shut up because you're another one that proves common sense isn't all that common.

Show some balls and leave your name next time.

Spider-Man, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    netx and Misafir like this.
  2. simonspurr

simonspurr Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this thread has gone crazy the last few days when I haven't had the time to look at it.
    Anyway, I've had a lot of other stuff to do and haven't kept u up to date. SO, anyway, I think that I'm gonna choose PhpLynx

simonspurr, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  3. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Spidey, we've all had that type of thing thrown at us, rise above it like I do.

@simonspurr, Sorry about the way this thread has gone, the problem is that two script in particular and people who have benefited from it in the past are desperately worried that their pocket money is going to get taken away from them, truth is they could make a lot more with phpLynx as its a script with a better platform to work off.

I'm going to end this thread by saying if there are people who don't like phpLynx and don't have plans to either use it or develop it to simply shut up and get on with your own business regardless of script as its making the others mentioned in this thread look as desperate as hell.

JamieG, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    netx likes this.
  4. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
  5. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Hyper, if you have an opinion on what you think is the best free directory script maybe doing a comparison feature chart would be great, it would put facts to people instead of this fiction that has been going on in this thread and so many others.

I can back my view up why it isn't, can you?

JamieG, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  6. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    phpLD is the most widely used directory script on the net. If you need something (MOD, support, everything) there will be a lot of people who could help you. There is a big community of phpLD owners which do help each other, some even do it for free. These being told, I love phpLD because I know how it works, I know where to "touch" it, to fix it, and also...what do modify to have the output I like.

Also, I wanna thank to the lamer who gave me the red reputation for my previous post in this thread. I think I know who it is(obviously a "recruit") ...but no problem...I still need to spread a little until I can return the favor.

For those interested about the featured of phpLD, here is the link.

Other alternatives ? sure I have.
    Here is my top 5 directory scripts:

1) phpLD
    2) Tolra
    3) Esyndicat
    4) K-Links
    5) Site Sift

Also for those looking to start a quality directory, a free directory script + a free subdomain or folder on granny's server + free hosting will "just another directory" on the web ... another joke of the day like :)

hyper, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't site sift the most hacked script? It's okay if you don't want to include phplynx but "anything" would be better than Site Sift :)

jitendraag, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  8. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    I got hacked on IndexU as well ...

hyper, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  9. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    You always know when its someone under the age of consent that posts when he ends a sentence with the word like in the wrong context. ;)

I love your oversell of phpld, its because of that approach that phpld are the direct result of the disaster area we call the directory industry.

Miss-guided people like you are sent to forums to spread the message that phpld is this, and phpld is that, when in TRUTH when it comes down to it, you fail to stand up to the challenge of feature comparison.

1. You fail to mention the fundamentals like lack of basic features.
    2. You fail to mention that many of the better mods require you to pay something, even if its a $15 fee to get them.
    3. You fail to mention that support is rarely FREE.
    4. You fail to mention that what is deemed as a bad neighborhood by google is predominantly packed with the phpld QBC.

I couldn't care less whether you ignore posting about phpLynx being one of the better ones, anyone with an ounce of intelligence will see that it has far more features than any of the others above and without the need to pay a single cent.

Leaving it out made you look stupid and unintelligent. If you want a who can piss higher contest then use FEATURES and support I'll put virtually any script against phpld but for some reason these challenges are always turned down. :confused:

The only reason phpld survives is down to a certain level of misguided people like who are stupid enough to actually believe that, and are willing to be eager puppy dogs running around just about every forum on this earth shoving the script down peoples throats. My advice to you, do try to avoid punching above your weight, I climb over bigger things than you just to get to a fight. You get my message like. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the red from you btw, perhaps sign it next time, or am I going to have to wait until they drop first.

JamieG, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  10. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Jamie, I do not oversell phpLD, lol. I am not here to promote them as you are & nobody is paying me to recommend a good script. Just like others did when I joined these forums, I think it will be nice to return the favor with good recommendations.

As for the directory industry, it has nothing to do with the script you use. A good & established web directory can be build as well in phpLd and phpLynx too. But I prefer phpDL, I think it is more practical & easy to use.

As for the MODs you use for a web directory, don't tell me that all the MODs you develop for phpLynx are free and you also offer support for free installing them, crap.

Most who build a web directory, are in for the cash. If you wanna have a good, established, strong & good looking directory, then it is all about the MODs you use to make it unique and respected by the webmasters & visitors, and also you have to spend some $$$ as well. Also the number of hours you put in it are sooooo important.

hahahaha, lol.
    Now that is to debate my dear friend. If all your customers have the FREE access to alllllll your "greatest" , "free" and "free-2-install" mods, than we will see thousands of directories on the web that will have the same features & MODs. Quite shitty I will say :D
    If I want a suppa duppa MOD, and I know what I want to ask to a programmer, I will pay him, to code for me that MOD, and to be unique on the web.
    I don't like to use the same mods, like everybody does.
    It is when like everybody drives, the same car, with the same tuning, modified by the same tuning team. CRAAAAP ! :D

And, one more thing, I did not insulted you. Seems like you cannot debate like a normal person will do, you are rude, and you attack ppls who won't agree with you and won't swallow your script.

Further more, there are a lot of ppl who are recommending phpLD without having any affiliation with phpLD. But, LOL, since you registered in here you hardly promoted your script by your own, and as well with few other "recruits". You are probably the man who is doing the hardest job from you whole team, and I admire you because of that.
    There big difference is that phpLD is recommended by ppl who used it, and phplynx is promoted by the owners. Hmmmm.. can you feel the strange smell in the air ? :D

I did not said that phplynx is not a good directory script. Yes it does. But, dunno, there is something at it that I don't like.... it is my own personal opinion.
    Of course your script has it's own unique features, it is far more better than others. But let the ppl talk about it. You take care of the feedback, not the promotion. I can see you talking about phplynx in threads that have no connection with the directory software...

As for the reds, I have better things to do that red rep you. I did not gave you that red rep as you said. I would love to give it to you now, but for the moment the system tells me that I have to spread first. But if you like, we can exchange red reps in here and bite each other asses for a cause that will never help any of us, because in the end, everyone is free to choose.

I hope you will take my reply as a constructive one.

Thanks,
    hyper :)

hyper, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  11. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    So your post above was just a hint was it. :rolleyes:

Care to show me, I'd be happy to stand corrected but am pretty confident that I don't do that.

Waiting.....

JamieG, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  12. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Browse your own posts and decide yourself :)

hyper, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  13. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Listen hyper, I've got nothing against you and don't intend rising to an argument but in all fairness you made the statement so at least back it up, otherwise shut up. Agreeing to disagree is fine, making false comments isn't.

I'm wondering if it would be worth paying someone to get a good feature comparison site going on directory scripts that way everyone will get an unbias view, because in all fairness to you, its impossible for you to comment on phpLynx as you haven't used it have you.

All's good. :)

JamieG, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  14. muf2002

muf2002 Banned

Best Answers:
    try esyndicate

muf2002, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    hyper likes this.
  15. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Would love to hear your reasons why. Maybe you can give us your experiences and what you like best to prompt you to suggest esyndicate rather than just 2 words on your post?

wisdomtool, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You mena like the duplicate directories in your sig. Same FREE Mods, same FREE template, same FREE category dump, same FREE *everything*

That is untrue, as you do not have a budget.

Read initial Quote. Not only are you lying, but you're exposing your hypocritical side.

So with what has been said above and what you just said, what exactly do you consider the two links in your sig? (here comes the hypocrisy)

I won't even go any further at this point. Your own hypocrisy not only puts you to shame but also picks apart your own directories.

an0n, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  17. simonspurr

simonspurr Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but if u had read the thread, u would have seen that I first rules out ESyndicat and chose PhpLynx as my choice.

simonspurr, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  18. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    IMHO he isn't really caring about your choice, out of the 28 posts he made so far, the longest was 13 words. If you read through his post history, I guess you won't bother that much.

wisdomtool, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  19. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Simon, its like talking to a brick wall on here sometimes, as I said with one of my posts here the other day, there is only a few dozen people on here that actually know what they are talking about, the others are just appear to shove certain scripts down your throat without having any knowledge of more than one script, you'll see a pattern on that here which is a shame as it does nobody any favours.

We don't do that, we let people like yourself decide for yourself which you clearly have. If there is any support you need then just sign up at the forum (not compulsory btw). We would be more than happy to help at no cost. :)

Let's hope more people like you see through the crap that is posted on here and choose what is right for them, not what they are told is right.

Good luck on your venture.

JamieG, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  20. simonspurr

simonspurr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I noticed that in so many posts it is just like free advertising by people that want their product seen.
    Anyway, thanks jamieG

simonspurr, Jul 4, 2008 IP