1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sedo featured auctions

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Alex-Z, Jul 2, 2008.

I don't think I understand the criteria Sedo use to select which auctions appeared as featured in the frontpage. I have a domain which is going for 1200 euros and it's closing in half an hour, and yet they haven't marked the auction as featured.

In their docs they explain that they feature auctions that are closing soon and have high bidding activity, but most of the featured ones right now don't match that description.

Moreover, most of the featured ones are going for little money, so little commission for Sedo. I don't get it. :confused:

Alex-Z, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. jasonsc

jasonsc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are lucky to get 1200 euros for your name and I wouldn't expect any more bids anyway. Sorry, don't want to offend you, that's just my view.

jasonsc, Jul 2, 2008 IP
    Alex-Z likes this.
  3. Alex-Z

Alex-Z Peon

Best Answers:
    No, there is no way I could get offended. We're not supposed to have feelings for the things we trade. Things are only as good or as bad as the market dictates, so it'd be pointless to get offended or even happy.

Alex-Z, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  4. namelinker

namelinker Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not Featured Auctions

Sedo show 10 closing soon .com/ net auctions on their homepage. It is nothing about the amount of the bids but only sorted by closing time

namelinker, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the featured auctions are displayed according to visitors to the Sedo listing. Get more visitors to look at your name up for auction and your chances of being featured are much higher.

How do you know what name he is reffering to, maybe I missed an edited thread or something?

GreenGambler, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    Alex-Z likes this.
  6. Alex-Z

Alex-Z Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your help, rep given!

Alex-Z, Jul 28, 2008 IP