1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need c++ programing

Discussion in 'Services' started by vic_msn, Apr 23, 2006.

i need someone to complete the above program in C++ on or before Tuesday.
    first person to complete and PM me will get a feature link worth $5 in www.onlinebusinessdir.com
    Thank you.

vic_msn, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  2. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi vic_msn:

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one thinking "that's not going to happen" and it looks as though it will have to be me to break it to you!

Just think about what you're asking for. Seriously. A management interface in 48 hours, for $5?

I'm going to be extremely blunt here, so if you don't want to read on, fair enough, but here goes...

I wouldn't even open my editor for $5. Seriously. I'm cheap and I charge no less than $50 / hour. If I charged you that (that being "mates rates") I would burn through your $5 in 6 minutes! Plus, you're not even offering cash. You're offering to add a single link to a directory site.

You're asking for someone to write an entire service management application suite in exchange for one hyperlink. Just think about that... do you honestly expect someone to do that for you?

For a system that you are talking about, I'm assuming you have all of the specifications written? I'm talking, everything, exact. Nothing that starts "something that does...". I would want dummied up screenshots, the lot.

You don't even say what operating system you want it to run under. GUI interface or CLI?

How do you expect someone to interface with your phone service? You don't even say what sort of service it all is.

There are so many questions here but the real one is: are you freaking serious? Do you honestly expect to get that for $5?

If I were to write test specifications for a system like that, I'd be impressed if I got them all written in 2 days... I'm not talking actually testing the system, I'm talking writing down VERY basic things I would need to test.

I don't know why I'm even replying. Let us know how you go with this, but I think it's only fair that you know now (instead of Tuesday) that no-one in their right mind would take this job... no matter the money. There is no way any sane person could agree to that timeframe. If you offered $1,000,000, I would laugh because of the timing.

The $5 link is just a freaking insult to every single person on this board. Surely you know that?

Like I said... you didn't have to read that if you didn't want to. I don't want to get flamed by you, as I'm sure there's dozens of people here that will agree with me to be honest!

TwistMyArm, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  3. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    it is just an assignment i don't need SQL interface just a simple program using classes and functions and files(if you want) please make it fast

vic_msn, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  4. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ahh... so that makes a bit more sense. For future reference, you should have mentioned that it was a mock application for an assignment at the start. There's probably a number of people here that would have done it, but now they've effectively lost half their time.

I won't be doing it, I can tell you that right now, but I wish you luck with it.

For the sake of those that are thinking about doing it, here's a couple of questions that you might want to answer:
    1) What operating system is this for?
    2) What 'level' of class is this for? A first year assignment is a lot different to a fourth year assignment and nothing screams 'PAID FOR BY...' when you get them mixed up :)
    3) Command line interface only, I assume?

As I said... I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I know how hard it is to find the time to do assignments. Luckily my mate was sleeping with a genius from the year ahead of us... she saved our arses on a number of occasions and I can highly recommend that approach :)

TwistMyArm, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  5. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol any job for $5 is not worth doing.

Seiya, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  6. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok i will make it $10 a featured link in www.centraldirectory.net or featured link in PR5 imobilecentral.be please make it fast i prefer vi editor but anything is good.it is not a final year assignment iam in the forst year

vic_msn, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  7. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    you're joking right? ;)

daboss, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  8. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm seriously ROFL. I wish I had a webcam to prove it.

Added: Seriously, vic, why are you in C++ if you don't want to learn it? If you do want to learn it, be honest with your prof. Tell her you procrastinated, don't have it ready, that you had a chance to by a program, but you are really interested in learning and want to do it yourself, can she give you 3 days extention to do it? <- sorry for the run-on sentence.

exam, Apr 24, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  9. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dude you pmed m that you need it by tomorrow for your class and your only offering $10? If you really care about your class youd pay someone much more than that.

But besides that, thats really unethical, like exam said why get in a class u dont really want to learn anyway, you apid lots of money for that... much more than $5 unless your not in the US.

Oh by the way i cant help you, im also on my first year of C++

I dont even know what database u can store things in with C++ haha, i only know how to store in arrays and text files ;)

Seiya, Apr 24, 2006 IP
    exam likes this.
  10. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Without even mentioning the fact that it's unethical, you are unlikely to get anything written that quickly without offering MINIMUM $100-$200 for it. I could probably write it for you in a couple of hours, but my time is worth more that $2.50/hr.

Of course, since I know it is an assignment, I wouldn't touch it. Do your own frikken homework, slacker!

Caydel, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  11. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    damn! I wasted my time reading this :(

dshah, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  12. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    this is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time.

jawinn, Apr 25, 2006 IP