1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I backlink to our Online shop for Electrical Products?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by AcornDesignz, Jul 2, 2008.

I work for a comany that supplies Philips Electrical Consumer Electronics to the public, and are one of the main UK Distributors for Philips Spares, Parts and Accessories.

I am looking into internet marketing of the site, in order to boost visitors to the site, which will in turn hopefully generate more sales. At the moment we just have a PR of 1, which is rubbish, and ideally would like to increase this as well.

I was hoping someone could give me some ideas of how to generate backlinks to our site for various sources?

I can understand with Blog sites, how they can easily exchange links with other sites of similar interests, but with an e-commerce site its slightly different in the sense of that you dont want to be linking to your competitors on your own site, driving your customers away.

When we create new products on our site, i have started adding these pages to Social Networking sites - mainly Stumple Upon and Digg. - Is this a good thing?

Any ideas you can throw at me would be great.

Thank you.

PS our website is www.dutchwest.co.uk

AcornDesignz, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried http://www.contextual-style.com ?

tdd1984, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. AcornDesignz

AcornDesignz Peon

Best Answers:
    personally never heard of them, what are they exactly? or is this just another Scam?

AcornDesignz, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  4. Bompa

Bompa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Acorn, you probably don't want to hear this, but if you put something
    REALLY useful on your site, people will link to it.

You will have to be creative. Use your imagination.

Like an appliance power usage calculator.

Or articles that explain how to determine quality parts.

or whatever,

People keep asking, but the answer is still the same.

Everyone is looking for the shortcuts, well, shortcuts are for blackhats.

Bompa

Bompa, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    Start by adding your site to some free web directories. Check the link in my sig. This will get you some long tail search engine traffic. If your site has interesting content you'll start getting links from other people that found your site with a long tail search.

Some of the other things you can do is add some content about some of the products you offer. Maybe product reviews, how to use the products, etc. Once you've got some good content then you can contact other webmasters and tell them why your site would be valuable to their visitors.

freelistfool, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  6. Red_Ace

Red_Ace Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting the ball rolling on a site like that is hard though. There is not much you can do...after all, the only people searching for you guys are consumers of Phillips electronics. Best bet is to what Bompa says.

Red_Ace, Jul 2, 2008 IP