1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense problem, just cant work it out

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by sc0ttish, Apr 24, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up a new site and adding adsense into the templates.

But for some reason i cant seem to blend one of the ad colour scheme in with the template. I'm using the same colour code for them all but one of the ads back bround colour looks different.......but only in IE firefox it looks great.

i've attached an image of it, or you can see it Here

Attached Files:

sc0ttish, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Same to me...Nice in firefox and in IE it looks like that.
    Can't tell you the problem, it should work in IE too :confused:

Jarodboy, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  3. DPTony

DPTony Peon

Best Answers:
    If I'm correct I think firefox accepts all colors for web and I think IE only allows web based colors

DPTony, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  4. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    you use a PNG as a background. Try a .gif image instead. IE has a problem displaying the colours of a PNG file correctly. And gif is smaller for these simple backgrounds (only one color).

fablex, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  5. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    On IE it is only very, very slightly off on my screen. I don't think anyone would notice unless really looking for it.

Janet, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  6. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    As a few others said, could be something to do with IE rendering. I took a quick screenshot of each, and the Adsense ad itself shows the same color on each (#AED7A8). The image though shows as #AED7A8 in Firefox and #A6D29F in IE. If you changed the Adsense ad to #A6D29F, it would look fine in IE, but not Firefox.

The suggestion by fablex to try saving as a gif instead of a png file might work. Otherwise, I suppose you could change the color of the png to #A6D29F to hopefully make IE happy, and of course change the Adsense ad to that color as well. Then it would hopefully show fine in both IE and FF.

jdi_knght, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  7. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using this color code instead of the color you're using #A6D29F or 166, 210, 159 (HEX)

*Edit* JDI beat me to it. Good advice though. Change the png file to a .gif or .jpg and it should be fine.

NewToAllThis, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  8. daaag

daaag Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice advice mate. Cheers.

daaag, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  9. sc0ttish

sc0ttish Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers guys, I'll try changing it to a gif tonight. Spent ages last night trying to figure it out and if its just as simple as changing to a gif i'll kick myself.

Thanks

sc0ttish, Apr 25, 2006 IP