1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLynx is now Open Source!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Spider-Man, Jun 30, 2008.

Once upon a time in this virtual world that we all live in, amongst this bewildering, complex maze, is a bright light. No, this isn't your typical fairy tale story, this is a futuristic love story. Prepare for take off.

phpLynx, the business directory script project started little over 2 years ago has come along way in its short lifetime. Defied the odds. Destroyed the critics. Even critics became fans. Alas, today, I can officially announce the latest twist in the tale - phpLynx is now open source! 99% of the script is completely open for you to toggle with, throw a little juice in the mix, as well as create your own custom modifications.

Modifications. It's one of those things that you have no doubt had to add to your directory in recent years to achieve the results you desire. Well, with this new 'uncoded' release, phpLynx has thrown in several modifications which enhance the script even further. Deep links. Multiple payment methods. Anti-Bot Captcha system. Link validation. Banner manager (inc. Category-specific banners), Multiple submission packages. Bad word filter. Business and Regional category structures. Browse by location. Browse by business type. Browse however you like - because phpLynx has all the features you'll ever need - at a highly competitive price.

If, for whatever reason, you decide to add your own custom features to your directory - you can now! If you don't know how, or would like assistance on doing so - why not join the support forum for 100% completely free support - for all versions of the script (free, full encoded & full unencoded) - the phpLynx support team will always go the extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

Similar to other directory scripts, phpLynx takes advantage of the full smarty templating system, allowing you to make your own custom design - as well as change themes with one click of the button. Although a bog-standard feature, this is just one of countless reasons why phpLynx should be your choice of directory script. If you're unsure of smarty templates, why not have a custom template designed and coded for you by JoJo, from phpLynx Templates?

Now, what can phpLynx do? Well, I'll show you, with a few listed examples of some of the features phpLynx can take advantage of - sites include SEO Review Directory, phpLynx's own website, Psychlinks Directory, CantUFind, Directory Open, The Hull Directory, CAA Driver Training Directory, Project Planning, Lunar Directory...the list is almost* endless.

There's never been a better time to upgrade your directory to phpLynx and take it to the next level. phpLynx is a true business directory script where anything can be achieved - including an entire offline directory. That's right - submissions don't have to include URL's if you don't want them to - giving you the full flexibility and control over every aspect of your directory. If you'd like to instate moderators for your directory - you can do this too!

No matter how big you aspire to be, or how small your niche is - phpLynx will aid you in your goals. Now, it's over to you...

* To the sum of 6000+ (and counting) directories currently powered by phpLynx business directory script. I didn't highlight the best uses of the script, nor did I highlight the worst, nor am I promoting the directories listed - they are simply for reference of the features phpLynx has.

Spider-Man, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    swedal and deshabhishek007 like this.
  2. jonny-harms

jonny-harms Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds great!.
    i will sign up at the forum there's a few things i need to know first

jonny-harms, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  3. ExplicitSense

ExplicitSense Banned

Best Answers:
    Their website does not look too professional.

ExplicitSense, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  4. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good, I think now it will appear a lot of MODs & reviews.
    I think I will try it too soon, just for curiosity.

Maybe my next directory will be a phpLynx powered one...who knows :)

hyper, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  5. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    The website is under revamp ExplicitSense although you might want to check out the fact that the entire site is run powered by the phpLynx script.

We wanted to show people how versatile the script is by using a free template and integrating the features we have which Gary did in less than a day if I remember correctly.

Don't worry, the new site will do the script proud and show it as it should be. Perhaps I'll even run a competition going on it. :)

JamieG, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    deshabhishek007 likes this.
  6. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Great News, Now I can do the mods I need for my next project.

I actually like the design of the website, It has everything needed on it, what more do you want ?

Thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    JamieG and swedal like this.
  7. jonny-harms

jonny-harms Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry but whats your Sig well then there's professionalism and then there's just "Home Of Adult Ads" i honestly don't think your one to talk about anyone's site being/looking professional with that nasty colour scheme ;)

8. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I second that - it's modern, and completely incorporated into the directory script, now that is versatility!

9. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice reply, the thing is Jonny-harms, we know for a fact there are going to be grunts coming along to try and discredit the script, they've done it before, why should they change.

Most of them will have been sent by a.n.other as usual. :rolleyes:

Those with a good eye for opportunity will have the chance to make their mark now as the other scripts seem to be saturated with mod makers, our is fresh meat ripe for the taking by the clever mod makers.

JamieG, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    cchetanonline likes this.
  10. jonny-harms

jonny-harms Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with spider-man

11. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the best with your latest on the script and wishing all well as you move forward.

DownUnder, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  12. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I know its modern Spidey, and the new design if needed will still incorporate the script.

JamieG, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  13. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the logo at your forums. :p

dog222, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  14. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Dog, if you don't have anything constructive to say, please keep quiet. The forum skin is actually getting worked on at the moment and will hopefully be completed within the next few weeks. Anyhow, the forum is a support forum - not to be aesthetically pleasing but to give answers to queries, which is exactly as it does.

15. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry Gary

dog222, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  16. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Gary? Lol. Can't you read, boy?

17. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your not fooling anyone but yourself, Gary.

dog222, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  18. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it Grant, your always going to get trolls like dog being SENT to post. It's called fear of the competition. ;)

@Downunder; Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.

JamieG, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  19. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Rofl. Send over your e-mail address and I'll send over a copy of my passport. Or give me a call, on my local landline number, which certainly isn't in Barcelona, which is approximately exactly where Gary is. Though I have to applaud you on your investigation skills, you worked out Gary and I do have something in common - our first initial.

20. agusjuara

agusjuara Peon

Best Answers:
    back to topic, this is good, anyone try this script before?

agusjuara, Jun 30, 2008 IP