1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Improve this Landing Page?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Ethan Chong, Jun 27, 2008.

Dear all,

Greetings. Need your valueble feedback on this landing page:
    http://www.neowave.com.my/sell-online-made-easy1.asp

(please copy and paste above link, don't know why the system disallowed me to post live link)

I've tested for 1 month. CTR is 2.8%, Conversion rate is 5.5%.
    Quality Score "OK".

I believe it can be better. My goal is to improve QS from "OK" to "Great". and conversion rate at least 20%.

We are offering ecommerce software solution. my target market (for this landing page) is those who have the passion & interest to start selling online but have limited skill & know how.

One more question is shold i add "pricing" on the landing page?

Welcome your feedback & comments!

Ethan Chong, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good, no problem.
    just add 2/3 comments with photo of people saying - xxx helped me to start my online business
    and other good comments.

info, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  3. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, the layout is definately good. One page; big call to action, easy to navigate. I like it. But I think the first part of the copy could be improved.

This is my suggestion, try it if you like. Measure the results and see what happens

"Want Sell Online? You don't need to be a Geek to make it happen!

Tony Fernandez doesn't know how to fly a plane,
    but he runs a multi-million Airline business at AirAsia.com

[insert another 2 examples here]

If they can do it, you can do it too,
    All you need is
    A Great Business Idea and the right Ecommerce Solutions.

With WebShaper Ecommerce setting up an online business is easy! Just fill in the form on the right and we'll tell you a bit more about how you can get started or if you prefer read on to learn a bit more about us.

Selling Online Made Easy by webShaper e-commerce

Selling Online has never been so easy. Many young entrepreneurs have turned their passion into successful online business' and started to sell what they love. Without hefty investment in physical store, they are getting paid in USD, Pounds Sterling, AUS and SGD! Imagine, some of them are just doing it part-time!

If you are business minded, but don't have a huge pile of money in your basement we have the solution for you. Whether you're starting from scratch or expanding your brick-and-mortar business, we have the right tools and solutions to help you succeed.

Who Are You and What do you do?

[insert your answer]

How can you help me?

[insert your answer]

Who have you helped?

[insert answer with testimonials and links to previous websites]

This sounds good how do I get started?

Simple, you can either choose to talk to me direct

[IM]
    [telephone]

Or you can fill in your details in the form below and a friendly representive will get in touch ASAP.

[insert form here again, perhaps make it a little more compact]

You can even drop by our office for a FREE, No-Obligation 2 hour consultation. It may be one of the best 2 hours you've ever spent. You will get advice from our in-house e-commerce expert on how best to kick-starts your successful e-commerce business.

[insert full address]

Discover a new era of selling online with webShaper e-commerce:

etc, etc."

The most important additions to the text are the Q&A's it's always important to answer questions a visitor has in mind so they know that they'll get what they're looking for before commiting to giving away details.

I've also tried to soften the language and make it a bit more friendly, I think its always better to try and connect with the visitors, communicate with them and their thoughts, don't just communicate [I]at[/I] them.

Finally I always give the visitor multiple options. e.g "fill in the form or if you prefer read on to learn more" and I also give them lots of ways to contact you so that they don't feel obligated to take any one route. Giving multiple choices is always good because it shows your willingness to fit round them rather than forcing them to take on route.

T_Media, Jun 30, 2008 IP
    jasonsc likes this.
  4. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    a small improvement... move your left margin over to show less white.

moneylizard, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  5. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Your landing page is great, your quality score is no longer dependant on the landing page. LP is only for initial bid.

To improve your quality score at this point you need to write more text ads until it turns to great.

No matter how much on page changes you make it will not turn your OK to great.

Write an additional 2 o r3 text ads. Use your #1 keyword that gets the most impressions. Search for it on google and copy all your competitors text ads word for word except for display and destination url of course.

When it turns to great let the ads run for a week or 2. Then at the end of the 1 - 2 weeks, delete all but the 2 best performing text ads and it should remain at great.

If not rinse and repeat till it does.

robertpriolo, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  6. Ethan Chong

Ethan Chong Member

Best Answers:
    Dear robertpriolo, moneylizard, T_Media and info,

Thanks for your valueble comments, i am very appreciated that. Especially T_Media have shared some thoughts on the conversion part, i like it.

Yup, i also agree with Robertpriolo. writing better ads is the only way to continous improve the CTR & QS.

I'll experiment it and will update you guys my progress. Cheers!

Ethan Chong, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  7. nadavbentor

nadavbentor Peon

Best Answers:
    T media- thank for the amazing post. I will add this to my bookmarks.
    Good luck and thanks

nadavbentor, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  8. nadavbentor

nadavbentor Peon

Best Answers:
    ONE more thing,
    The GEEK joke is not funny, not intelligent and gives you no advantage.

Think of something much better and more impressive

nadavbentor, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  9. zeurois

zeurois Peon

Best Answers:
    Testimonials are selling good indeed.

I'll add some too

Thanks tmedia

zeurois, Jul 1, 2008 IP