1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

75% blame Bush's policies for deteriorating economy

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guru-seo, Jun 25, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was more your quote here that I disagreed with, plus the fact that business should pay more for a utility, of which I have laid out why that is.

You claimed the local government can do more to stimulate the economy than the feds, my point was simple, it's tough to do that when the feds hold most of the cards 'aka tax money'.
    Ahh but as laid out if they were to have raped the home owners themselves instead 'as you put it' the home owners themselves would not have had money to put back into the local businesses, many would have more than likely lost their homes, nobody would win.

I am by no means an expert on the economy. I however can spot certain items that simply do not work or why one would go the way they did.

I would not even pretend to know how to 'jump start the economy'

That being said, stopping the federal government from stealing from the state and local communities would be a good start, not however an overall solution.

GRIM, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are a few things a local government can do to stimulate the economy.
    1) Ease zoning and sign ordinance.
    2) Lower the fee for business license.
    3) Reduce the # of license required.
    4) Create industrial centers with the same incentives as they would provide Wal-Mart.
    5) Have tax free weekends more often.
    6) Promote farmer type markets for produce and yard sales.
    7) Develop a hundred year growth plan for a county for planned growth.
    8) Reduce the size of government through privatizing.
    9) Reduce taxes.
    10) Reduce laws against electric cars.
    11) Reduce wasteful spending.
    12) Instead of spending all taxes received how about save 10% and start drawing interest.

homebizseo, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  3. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You must have some suggestions. What do you suggest?
    [​IMG]

4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #1 I gave suggestions.
    #2 Your 'suggestions' again take away from the fact that the feds already took most of the revenue.
    You want the locals to starve themselves of even less revenue, when they in fact have the least amount of it.

GRIM, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you say you "give suggestions" in one sentence and "you don't know" in the next. Talking out of both sides of the mouth?

I gave suggestion. Come up with some suggestion Grim just don't make idle complaints without a real opinion.

#1 restate your suggestions if you have any.
    #2 my suggestions start at the grass roots.
    Its up to the local government to jump start...not wait for the Federal Government.

7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Because you like to selectively quote people I have taken it upon myself to post the entire section of my post, that way you can not pretend like I didn't say anything.

;)

What do you not get about the federal government taking most of the funding away? In order for the 'grass roots' to have that power they need it back, what the feds have taken.

A 'few' items you listed I actually support, you however still are failing to realize the locals do not have much power as they are regulated from the feds on many things, items they have no control over, PLUS the feds have already taken the vast majority of the funding 'taxes' How you can not comprehend this basic point, yet continue to argue the way you are is astonishing.

---
    BTW, me saying this..

Was intended as I would not have a plan, as in a whole idea on how to do it. Fractures on the subject is about the best I am going to give myself credit on it. I could lie and act like I know every little bitty thing, I however will not.

GRIM, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  8. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Rofl Grim

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=8011569&postcount=1804

• I agree with most of these. This looks almost idenitical to a college term paper I wrote 20 years ago on steps to solve the ecocnomy. My family liked Ron Paul's in the Primary based on his economic plan. Paul lost in SC.

I am not as versed in solving the US Economy but I do know whats wrong on the local level. We need reform on both levels. As I said earlier the local governments should not wait for he federal goverment to bail their butts out. They can start making changes now.

9. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    The government doesn't print money; they borrow it...

ReadyToGo, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  10. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh please RTG. :rolleyes:

guerilla, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  11. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    What? I'm just telling the truth. :)

12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The government monetizes their debt, which in turn creates new credit in the system through fractional reserve banking when the debt is purchased as reserves.

Take your snake oil show elsewhere. No one is buying your propaganda today.

13. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Did anyone follow that?

14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're the only one who doesn't!

15. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like the snake oil reference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

homebizseo, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  16. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Direct debt monetization is illegal. In other words, new money cannot buy securities at Treasury auctions. Why do you think we're in so much debt? If we could just print money, there would only be hyperinflation and no debt. The government borrows money. They do not print it. Period.

I'm just helping you out. Your arguments would be much more cogent if you can get these facts right.

ReadyToGo, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and technically they don't print it, they make an accounting entry on a computer. YAWN. SNORE. SEMANTICS. :rolleyes:

We've been through this several times before. The FED is the lender of last resort. It creates debt money to finance government spending when there is no other lender available. This is why much of our debt is "owed to us, by us". It's money created under the facile argument that future tax receipts will make it up one day (when we have a surplus :rolleyes: ).

In order for your statement to be true, the money supply could only increase in size, lockstep with our debt. Do you hold this to be true?

No, please, really. Please go back to editing Wikipedia. I'm tired of arguing and then you run away every time. It's happened nearly half a dozen times already, which is why it is so hard to take you seriously.

guerilla, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  18. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said anything about physically printing money. I already assumed that it was metaphorical. Don't try to run from an argument that way.

Banking Act of 1935 prohibits, under federal laws, the Fed from extending credit to the government. Does the term open market operations ring a bell? The government must find lenders besides the Fed (which is not difficult to do since Treasury securities are sold in an auction format).

ReadyToGo, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  19. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    As guerilla said, you just don't get it. How can you blame others for your own limitations? He explained it very clearly how the system works. Which part did you not follow?

guru-seo, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And I will ask you again.

Are you saying that the money supply only increases, dollar for dollar, by the amount of debt we take on?

guerilla, Jun 30, 2008 IP