1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to google analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by seoworld1234, Jun 28, 2008.

If I do not place the Google analytics tracking just before </body> as specified by Google, what will be the impact of it?

I notice that I can still track the traffic but will there be any inaccuracy? Also, will be there any impact on the goal conversions?

seoworld1234, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  2. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you place the code in somewhere in your HTML code then it may be possible that the incorrect stats are generated. You should always put it just before /body tag.

MayurGondaliya, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  3. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually the best place to put the code is in the <head> section so that your stats are tracked as the page is loading instead of after.

gostats, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  4. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    The best place is definitely the head section, are you trying to put your analytics code in wordpress? Then simply use the analytics plugin and you wont have to edit anything.

godsofchaos, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  5. gina.alessia

gina.alessia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think he wanted to say that if it`s necessary to put the code just before the body tag "code<body>"

you can place the code anywhere between the head tags, not necesary the last before the body tag starts.

correct me if i`m wrong

gina.alessia, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  6. analyticsjack

analyticsjack Peon

Best Answers:
    It will work correctly, but it is shown to consistently work best as the last thing in your head tag.

analyticsjack, Jul 17, 2008 IP