1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why signatures can not be indexed by google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by bclassic, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    a lot less than 5% of pro seo companies know what they are doing? :) is that what you are really saying?

youre just making this **** up, arent you?

SEOibiza, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably only look at the top 20 of Google rankings.

For those who know what they're doing .... they show up on the top 10.

Not everyone can show up on the top 10. :p

Do you think there's a million 'sweetfunny' guys running around?
    If that were so then how do you explain someone having a domain age of less than 2yrs of age showing up in the top 10 for 232,000,000 results for the keyword 'seo'.

You're absolutely right. I should've never said 5%.....it's less than 0.0001%

banker0679, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    I am only interested in how you are arriving at these figures. I know sweetfunny is in the top echelons as I am qualified to judge ;)

4. steventruman

steventruman Banned

Best Answers:
    it does get indexed...

steventruman, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. That's because I haven't yet done much to promote that directory and less to optimize it at this point - I started it as a service to clients, not a money maker. I've put my efforts into my main site and my forum. That's where you'll see results.

minstrel, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And it never ceases to amaze me (that's the correct term, by the way) that people who claim to be SEO "professionals" or "experts" are so irked when it's demonstrated that SEO is not rocket science. :)

7. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    er, no, I know what I meant. AMUSE as in AMUSEMENT. :D

i am only "amazed" that you dont seem to know that word? :)

8. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    Because they pick up RSS feeds for immediate content then send the gbot over later to pick up the links. It makes little sense for a bot to hit each page every time someone posts ... bandwidth hog.

I hate self proclaimed seo experts who boast about past rankings and talk about PR. Aaron, seomoz & seo.com seem to be kicking your arse now.

The bigger question is "who searches for seo?" and is it worth anything? The answer is obviously other seo "experts" trying to keep up with the Jones's because if you interviewed 100 white collar business men, you'd have not a single one who knows what that acronym means.

How you doing for some other phrases you are targeting?
    internet marketing - not in top 100
    seo company - #14 (but worthless because of who searches for seo)
    search engine optimization - not in top 100
    web design (in your title tag) - not in top 100
    self proclaimed seo expert (sorry had to do this one) - not in top 100

Now, if you ranked for words that mean something to businesses you would be able to double your income overnight. phrases like internet marketing & rank my website might not get you the volume that seo does but your visitors/conversion percentage would be way higher ... not to mention less visitors from overseas.

Hypothetically speaking ... my, uh, friend bought a sig link from someone with 200 posts and his site went from #200 to #3 in about a week. Today it still sits at #6. This phrase has 180M competitors. Internal linking shows the page as the same anchor text and it's in the title tag ... no real special sauce involved just common sense.

SEO is not brain surgery! And to glorify someone here on DP as "one of the best" is like saying George Bush is doing a good job. To quote minstrel it's balderdash

@minstrel - you're normally a grumpy arse but this time you are totally spot on. Add "mental health directory" (in that order) to your title tag and drop it a few times in your body (once in a <h2> tag) and come post back in a week. You'll be kicking sweetfunny's arse to the curb. To break the top 10, change "home" to "mental health directory" in all anchor text throughout the site.

For examples of how to keyword stuff your page (title, h1, bold, anchor text) "innocently" see sweetfunny's homepage. Just don't make the same mistake s(he) did and pick a keyword that's meaningless.

Yes but most are hanging out with the other gay webmasters at gay bars.

ErectADirectory, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    minstrel and Homer like this.
  9. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    What? So your implying over 14,000 signature links are doing squat and you need to get some real links? Crazy talk.

My contact form is disabled, i haven't actively built links since last year and i've intentionally lowered my rankings. Heck, i even added "Home" to the title to de-optimize the site do you think i'm that stupid?

But way to go Sherlock, you just wasted your time on a site not even i bother checking. I've got work backed up until Xmas 2009, that site is more of a burden to me and a waste of bandwidth.

But well done, good job on pointing out absolutely nothing.

sweetfunny, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I seen that too, it's like starting a post saying Fords Suck! and having a few ford affliate links in your sig :D

Brandon Sheley, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    sweetfunny likes this.
  11. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    Not to be captain obvious here but ... if it means nothing to you & it means nothing to to other educated people, why bring it up? You didn't score any kudos for it.

That reminds me of a thread a few months ago when someone tried to say "Do you really want to argue with someone who got a link from At&t" (or whoever the site was) ... again, balderdash. The f'n link was way deep and they obviously knew someone inside because the site that was linked was incomplete and pretty much worthless. Now that I think about it, was that you? It was some crappy seo knowledgebase.

At the very least you must know them because to what you are saying sounds like the exact same argument.

ErectADirectory, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  12. bclassic

bclassic Peon

Best Answers:
    Can some one to show where and how to find these RSS sites have dp new threads on?
    Or to show some these sites?

bclassic, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  13. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    external.php?type=RSS2

banker0679, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  14. bclassic

bclassic Peon

Best Answers:
    bclassic, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Theres alot of cheap shots being made on this thread. Are we business entreprenuers or a bunch of acne ridden teenagers flapping our gums?
    :rolleyes:

MarketExpert, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Uh-huh. You're so full of it. You got the cliche wrong. Period.

17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    WOW what a thread so far. I too find self proclaimed SEO experts irritating! One of the most sensible things I have read on this thread is:

Now that comes from someone who truly understands what matters.

Who cares about DP sig-backlinks anyways? They should not count because they are not votes, so Google has it right. I have posted here for 4 years and never noticed any kind of SERP benefits for DP backlinks nor do I expect it. I log into Google sitemaps and can see thousands of them. Does Google give them any merit- NOPE, never have, never will. Google really looks for genuine authentic votes from authority sources. That's what links should be made of if you want to score worth Google. Some of you SEO experts on this thread may want to look up a term bayesian networks.

No, I am not a SEO expert because SEO is for KIDS that like throwing darts in the dark. In case you missed it Google disabled SEO a while ago :D. The first mistake a self proclaimed SEO expert makes is tooting his own horn.

SEM-Conversion-Visitor Behavioral Studies- Generate Qualified Leads....now you are talking words I can respect.

2 Cents

H

Homer, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  18. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    please dont continue trying to tell me that I dont understand the difference between amaze and amuse, youre embarrassing yourself.

it doesnt amaze me one little bit the way people behave on the internet, and if you have any clue about the subjects in your sig links, it shouldn't amaze you either. it does however amuse me greatly. :D

(nothing much amazes me anymore but there is a lot of amusement to be found on this site for sure ;) )

SEOibiza, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  19. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Trouble is you expose your site to 100,000 webmasters when you do that, and no doubt some Google employees

Valley, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  20. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:

I totally agree.
    Me and Sweet argue like cat and dog, but he is so right about the DP links.
    The quality is so poor that i honestly think they do more damage than good.
    Especially if you want to buy some link juice!
    It's like waving a red flag.
    Hey Sergi! It's me! I'm Buying links again...these are my sites.

Valley, Jun 28, 2008 IP