1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are MFA sites worth making?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cinta April, Jun 27, 2008.

Hi is it profitable to make an MFA sites compared to a site with original contents?

Cinta April, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a site that is good for you and other people. That will be profitable. MFA and real site theres no comparison between them. MFA is a bad thing.

Jeehan, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    blichev likes this.
  3. itcn

itcn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MFA (Made For Adsense) sites suck - they ruin online marketing for everyone.

itcn, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. Syfonic

Syfonic Peon

Best Answers:
    There are too many MFA websites.

Syfonic, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will probably bann the site if it is not original content,, then you wasted time and money.

zingo, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  6. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MFA are worth making if you can make content as for the comments above they dont make sense " google banning a site is its original content" WTF??? also, MFA's are much better the parked sites which prob make up 20% all sites anyhow

ronmac, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  7. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i had a MFA site and i got smart priced about 2 months later.

ЄxDeus™, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you assume MFA = copied content?

I have plenty of MFA sites with original content and some of them are well worth while.

It's not that hard to add 20-30 pages of unique content to a site in a few months, so making unique content MFA sites is easy.

David Law

SEO-Expert, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. itcn

itcn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not really an MFA site if it has unique, original content. Then it's just a website with some adsense ads on it, nothing wrong with that.

A true MFA site (at least the way I refer to them) is one which is specifically made just for Adsense - no work goes into it, it's just scraped content, all BS, etc.

itcn, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  10. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe the good times for MFA have gone since a while back.

Trusted Writer, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. Bompa

Bompa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes itcn, that's the usual definition of MFA sites.

Maybe the OP was really asking if there is profit in AS. If so, the answer is
    yes, but, as always, *only* if you can drive lots of traffic to the site.

If the OP was actually asking if there is money in making tons of MFA sites,
    there is still some money it that, but, Google is short on patience for AS
    accounts that have many, many sites. So, it is possible to have one's AS
    account cancelled if the MFA sites are of low quality.

There are other options to AS; other PPC and there is domain parking.

Bompa

Bompa, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  12. Sir Tom

Sir Tom Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends on your definition of MFA...

Sir Tom, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  13. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MFA means Made For AdSense, many people make sites only to make money from AdSense (some of my sites fall into that category).

Scraper sites are not always built for making money from AdSense either, so you really have to distinguish between sites that are made for AdSense and a site that uses some form of non unique content (affiliate content, scraped content and copied articles from directories for example) and MFA as well.

Otherwise your saying there's no such thing as a quality MFA site, when there is (I own some of them).

Here's an example MFA site I own http://www.oneworldcoffee.com/, everything on the site is unique and created from scratch by me. I bought the site at auction to add some content (hadn't decided what to add when I bought it) so I could add AdSense ads to it. So it's a MFA site.

It's all true information, I did buy the house a couple of years back with a £36K deposit and as it happens a lot of that money could be said to have come from AdSense (AdSense isn't my main income, so you know what I mean).

We did add a new damp proof course to the basement (the hard way) and I did use a free mortgage broker as described at http://www.oneworldcoffee.com/2007/08/29/mortgage-brokers/ I added the mortgage page for very obvious AdSense reasons, that doesn't make it bad content.

I'm one of the minority who make MFA sites who have realised that long term it's better to build good MFA sites than rubbish ones with copied content (that site should never be penalised in Google search).

David Law

SEO-Expert, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  14. Robert5

Robert5 Peon

Best Answers:
    With Google's new content pricing system, some adsense clicks are paying less then 1 cent per click. Like maybe you get paid 1 cent for every two clicks. Some are higher but it can go that low. Why would you want to plan a website for those kinds of results?

Robert5, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. mtime88

mtime88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what your definition of an MFA is

mtime88, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  16. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    check my sig for some MFA sites, they're crappy but fare a bit better than sedo parking, but crappy nonetheless

tonyran, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  17. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MFA = Made for adsense.

I can see that most the sites today on the SERP rank 1-10 most many good paying terms are nothing but glorified MFA.
    When you build a site keeping adsense clicks on mind, I think that is also an MFA even if the contents are original, not necessarily useful as you will see ion many sites. Original only means, it passes copyscape nowadays.

Well made, well written sites have become a rare commodity.

When you want to get some info on "Keyword A" and you get a nice looking site that explains "Keyword A" in a nice paragraph and tells you to click for "Keyword A" of Colorado and when you get there you are asked to get to to to "Keyword A" in Denver.. and then at the end you see a page that tell you a lot about "Keyword A" .. some rewritten wiki definition with some links to a site like ancestry.com or whatever...

And those site are on SERP 1.. That I think is MFA.

I am not proud, but I also own a few of those sites, helping clutter the Internet. But then, we need to make money, no?

I am also working on owning large respectable sites.. :) maybe with one adsense unit on each page..

Blogspotter, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  18. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. Not in the long run.

MarketExpert, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  19. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    MFA sites are great, it just depends on what you do with them. Make them original and informative and they will be very worthwhile.

xmartel, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  20. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    You may be the second most intelligent person in DP David..... I have to give myself some credit right? :p

Seriously, well said, and thank you for displaying a bit of good old common sense logic. High 5.

:)

glenndorsey, Jun 28, 2008 IP