1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will someone check out my landing page and tell me whats wrong

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by johnmindrup, Jun 27, 2008.

I have been told by many people that the page(site) www.howtocrete.com looks great for my first web site, as it was launched on the 5th of June. I have had 731 visit the site with 7 sales this is about a 1% conversion rate, I would like to bring that up as from my research I have the best product within this market a 5 set DVD collection or a visitor may purchase only the DVD's they need (over five hours of instructional video) covering several aspects of decorative concrete. Most of my competitors have 45 min. DVD covering only "how to stamp concrete". What is wrong with this site or landing page? How can it be improved to bring up the the conversion rate?
    The above statement is not ment as a sales pitch to who ever reads this thread.

I have hired a submission co. and as of yesterday my site is on page1 of Yahoo's organic search including one of my articles, I have sponserd ads on page1 of Google.

I am submitting to directories, articles, blogs with different titles and changes in the articles themselves, and have recently started marketing on social BM and social networks.

Am I just being impatient? Do I need more vistors to bring up the conversions? Or is there something wrong with my landing page (site).
    Thanks for any suggestions.

johnmindrup, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    black text. white/light colored background. I hate blue text, red text, etc its all too hard to read.

id add an order button to the top of the page as well as at the bottom. the buy button is lost in the godaddy banner. price isn't close enough to the buy button.

lorien1973, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear John,

As it is with a narrow niche websites, and yours is a very narrow niche, the conversion rate is usually low. Your website is very new and there is nothing you have to be particularly worried about. I have a narrow niche e-commerce project where I sell stuff and the conversion rate is 1.6% now. So, 2% is something you have to be looking at.

However, there are some points to note in order to increase your conversion rate:

Top banner: the blue font is not visible enough. Get someone to design a proper logo for you. Can you use an expression to explain your business to people who are not aware of concrete etching? How about "concrete design"? Have you researched your keywords?

Again, on the homepage, the blue font for the body text is not the best choice.

Under the navigation buttons, where you have this long white space, why not include more examples of what can be achieved with concrete etching?

INCLUDE a call to action. Ask for a sale! You are selling DVDs right? So you have to say something like: obtain (don't use "buy") this set of DVDs to make your driveway special, etc. Play on the envy - mention that "your neighbors would envy you" or something like that.

tankard, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. juliensimon

juliensimon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

I don't see anything wrong in what you did. (SEO)
    But I must agree with the previous post, the color of your text is terrible. It makes your website look like spam pages. Also try to stay consistent with the font. You also make people scroll down A LOT which people tends not to do. You will probably lose a significant amount of traffic doing that. some anchor links could be optimized such as "Click here to view video clips". Click here links are a waste of space for relevant keywords, especially in anchor text!

Do some changes on the layout of your website, try to get website linking to it and be patient :)

juliensimon, Jun 27, 2008 IP