1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why signatures can not be indexed by google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by bclassic, Jun 25, 2008.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Googlebot is the most efficient of the SE spiders - it doesn't need to be "on DP" all the time to index the content.

So you're saying that backlinks aren't a factor in Google ranking?

minstrel, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Exactly my point Minstrel thank you, it doesn't need to be on DP all the time because it fetches new content from the external data provider which does "not" contain signature links. Hence i said "However, yes links in opening posts are better because Google picks up new threads instantly via RSS."
    I did, where?

sweetfunny, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Balderdash. First, if it's fetching content from the RSS feeds rather than the posts, why are signature links showing as backlinks? Second, opening links don't have any greater inherent value for indexing than replies.

Here:

4. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Minstrel appears to be more correct on this issue , Googlebot seems to hit a lowly board every 10 minutes and pulls data from threads not RSS , Yahoo does like the RSS, someone else with a VB board could confirm this.

sleuth1, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Minstrel you jumping to the conclusion a link is a link, sorry to disappoint but it's not. I've run some extensive and lengthy tests on signature links here, even to the extent of registering fresh domains and only acquiring nothing but DP signature links to it and running them through full Pagerank update cycles, rank tracking, combining allin: operator data and so on. Here's one of the old test domains.

I'm not talking out my ass here, i've thoroughly tested it and can backup what i'm saying.

If you think someone who manages to rank #4 for SEO on Google.com ahead of the likes of Aaron Wall, SEOmoz, SEO.com and so on has no clue what they are on about, i don't know what more to say.

Yet i repeat, DP signature links have "almost" zero value for SERP's or Pagerank. If you think otherwise, knock yourself out and keep posting.

6. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Signatures in a forums is not index IF the forums is set on NO FOLLOW. DP is a DO FOLLOW forums, so all of our signatures will be crawl and index.

fr@nc!z, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I've never said that. Quite the contrary.

I'm not talking out my ass here, i've thoroughly tested it and can backup what i'm saying.

Thank you.

Interesting how your emphasis keeps shifting as I point out the flaws in your claims.

Thank you. For a amoment there, I thought you were going to tell me I cpouldn't post any more. :D

8. bclassic

bclassic Peon

Best Answers:
    I put new sites at signatures and I thought this thread is a new site too.

Both of them are new so I was expecting signatures and the dp new thread can be indexed at the same time.

But they did not.

bclassic, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. joetech

joetech Peon

Best Answers:
    @ sweet funny - i agree with you - the sig. links are worthless for seo , period!

There are lots of people who think otherwise! They are welcome to what they think!

If you want a link - it is better to have a single link from an authority site which is contextual, in content and relevant & do follow with relevant anchor text than 10,000 DP worthless signature links!

if you dont know what I am talking about then you have not optimized a site in a competitive environment & ranked high! :D

joetech, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  10. sciencegto

sciencegto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But I found my friend site backlinks was from DP forum thread using backlink_checker provided by iwebtool so my conclusion is signature do provide backlink.

sciencegto, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Show me where anything i have said has shifted? I've been pretty consistent since my first post. Every post i've ever seen of yours follows the same MO, long drawn out arguments trying to point out flaws to win an argument.

How's this, congratulations Minstrel you win?

Exactly Joe, couldn't of said it better myself. Minstrel is a perfect example, take his "Mental Health Directory" anchor text in his signature. You will find him back in #97 for the term from just 400k results, that's because he's got 14,989 worthless backlinks that are doing pretty much zip to impact his rankings.

The funny thing is one of my forums is beating him that's not even related, someone mentioned mental health in a post and i have a link with the word directory on the page.

His rankings are a testament to the *cough* power of over 14,000 signature links.

12. sciencegto

sciencegto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, signature is useless for backlink? Does comment on dofollow blog is better than signature?..need your opinion, I don't want to waste my time doing something wrong.

sciencegto, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  13. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    it never ceases to amuse me that people with sites that rank rubbish can be so adamant they have the special sauce and so forthright with their opinions, and particularly hobbyists messing around on their own sites, talking to pro seo companies. :)

every forum is the same.

SEOibiza, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  14. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    good post sweetfunny, thank you for your insights

canam, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's because less than 5% of the 'pro seo companies' know what they're doing.

banker0679, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  16. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i don't read chines or Japanese but in my opinion you should NOT count on signature links to get pages indexed in Google...
    However in your signature their is two links the first one is indexed and cashed while the other one is redirecting to a short URL !!! So get more links to the other page or site and make sure it really exist and not redirected URL.

IEmailer.com, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  17. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    I worry that someday in the near future, having a bunch of signature backlinks, especially from an seo forum, might actually get you a penalty or at least trigger some kind of extra scrutiny in the algorithm that might then lead to penalties

for now I am not going to use any signature links, at least not for seo.... they are still a good idea for just getting traffic especially for a related subject

canam, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  18. rush4rk

rush4rk Active Member

Best Answers:
    signatures have short lives. bcz of forum spamers. I believe google black list forums with lotsa links. Others will do fine. You never know

rush4rk, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  19. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting statistic / figure? care to share where you got that from?

SEOibiza, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  20. banker0679

banker0679 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right....it's actually a lot smaller.

There's a lot of ppl who post their top rankings on less than 1million results, and they think they know-it-all. ;)

banker0679, Jun 27, 2008 IP