1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To those of you who said a landing page is better than direct link....

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ajbarnes, Jun 27, 2008.

Thank you for the advice!!

Since I started with clickbank and article marketing 4 months ago, I was always doing direct linking. My stats would read something like one sale out of every 300-400 hops! :eek:

Then, with the advice I got from you guys here, I sucked it up and created a landing page. Now my stats read one sale out of every 14 hops!!!!!!!

HUGE difference! I've even had my first 3 sale day and crossed the $100 in a day mark.

In summary....I need to stop being stubborn! :D

ajbarnes, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell me the whole way, that the visitor goes, before he/she gets to the order page.

I just want to know what do you do ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. Angel_Of_Pain

Angel_Of_Pain Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, maybe you can explain or show some example of, what is the landing page and how to create it ? :rolleyes:
    I would be very happy to know it, as my stats are the same : one sale out of every 400 hops :(

Angel_Of_Pain, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. centime

centime Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I am just experimenting too,

I have direct links from the websites to the merchant.

Do you mean that you have your website, then the links on the website lead to the landing page, then the landing page leads to merchant?

That means a buyer

1 click to get to your site from google/ezinearticles/yahoo etc

1 click to your landing page from your site

1 click to your merchant

Is the above correct or where you linking from your articles to the merchant, that is placing a hoplink on the article ?(not possible with ezinearticle)

or linking from the articles to the landing page(also not allowed by ezinearticles)

Anyway, have you been comparing the number off people who get to your landing page to the number who go on to the merchant thereby generating a hop?

centime, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I am interested to see an example of your landing page. It seems that you choose the road less traveled and you leave a trail.

Bohol, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  6. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to use Forex as an example (not my niche).

1. Write a QUALITY article that is short and will keep the reader interested.

2. Have your resource box short and sweet. Start your resource box off with a question such as "are you ready to make money with forex?", etc. Follow that up by saying "visit here to find out the most effective and most efficient ways to make a ton of money with forex now".

3. The reader will now click on your link to your review site of a few different forex products.
    Your review site should be simple, easy on the eyes, and short. (The whole idea is to get them off your page and on to the sales page.)

4. With your review, list the price, a star rating, money back guarantee, a photo, and a "Click Here For More Information" button. I stressed out "list the price" because this will make your hops even more "qualified" because most people may click on your hoplink just to find out the price.

5. And finally, hope for a sale! :D

*Note* - The above information came basically from what I've learned right here on DP and a little bit of it came from trial and error. Also know that this is not a surefire way to clickbank riches, I'm pretty sure there are some other "secrets" out there they we all need to discover to reach the top of the mountain in this business.

Bohol likes this.
  7. mannoo2005

mannoo2005 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with you in that as i also tried sending the visitor directly to sales page and to review site, but i found that sending to review site more effecient as u save him effort and time he will search for review about that product and may purchase through the other review site .
    But, i prefer the review will be on specific product to concentrate his mind on it .
    Also, I prefer not to say the price but say "Limited time price" or "hot price", something like that, because there is big possibility he may go out when see expensive price , but may convinced when reading the professional sales page .
    that is what i do and find it good for me.

mannoo2005, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    You're welcome, lol.

lemonarian, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. jj407

jj407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well....technically all that means is that you are only seeing the stats of who clicked ahead from your sales page.
    Before, everyone who clicked your link in your article was logged as a hop. Now, hops are only created when they actually click through to the product page from your sales page.

So, you probably increased your sales ratio, but not nearly as much as it may appear based on what you said. :(

jj407, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  10. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    That stats are different, obviously. If people know they're going to a page for a product and it costs this much and blah blah blah, the people that actually click it will obviously know that they probably want it. But the real question is if you're making MORE MONEY?

You should be. Landing pages are good. Warm up someone, so they'll want to buy.

Supper, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. DomainCo.US

DomainCo.US Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many products do you review per landing page?

DomainCo.US, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  12. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    It has increased. I watch my stats like a hawk.....not a good thing that I do that, but still.:D

Another factor you have to take into consideration is that competitors on ezine may be reading your article and clicking on your link. That's one of the reasons you may get such awkward ratios with direct linking.

Bottom line is that by sending people to a landing page and listing info such as pricing, etc. will get you more qualified hops. Also, by making the landing page short, easy to read, and appealing will help you convert more.

13. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    I don't know if there is a recommended number, but I have 4.

14. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess my question got missed. Are you making more money?

Supper, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    Time will tell. I just created the landing page Monday 6/23. Plus, I haven't written that many articles this week.

However, three sales overnight from one article is giving me a lot of hope. :D

16. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    I'll be back on DP in a couple of hours....I have to get to the gym. I was supposed to have went an hour ago, but this business is very addictive! :)

17. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good. Remember, money is the only thing that counts lol.

Supper, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  18. mcar2185

mcar2185 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say, congrats on the sales! And thank you so much for your information on how you did it. I'm a newbie to this and just beginning to work on my own landing page, so what you've said is quite helpful. :)

mcar2185, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  19. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You freakin idiot! Your a genius!

ExpertForumGuy, Jun 28, 2008 IP