1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Evaluate My Site Worth Please :)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by WebmasterTL, Jun 26, 2008.

Hi, I need to know how much does this website is worth.
    Receives min 1K UV each day.
    Ranks well for certain keywords.

3 weeks old with Alexa weekly 150K.

I spent almost $400USD just to setup this website plus promotion.:)

Please review it worth!! Thanks

WebmasterTL, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  2. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm no expert, but I like your site. Very nice.

Just curious, are you looking to sell, or why do you want an appraisal?

ohmer, Jun 26, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  3. Katherinez

Katherinez Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice look to it... I can't tell you the worth, but if you want $400 there are a few things I would change b/4 marketing.. I would take the sound off every time you click a link - one time is nice, but every link got to be a bit much.. then the whole site makes me want to lean to the right... is it "centerable"? ;) Good luck selling - you put a lot of work into it!

Katherinez, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  4. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks but just interested in appraisal at the moment. I will be adding another au.my for just australian. What do you think about that? :D

Well, I guess as its included in the flash..emm.. will think about that:) Thanks for review both of you. Appreciative.
    Rep + for you both. Cheers

WebmasterTL, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. Anathema

Anathema Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to your flash animation :) ( banner )

Anathema, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  6. Reflekxi0n

Reflekxi0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a few things that I noticed. The sound I don't like, I don't see any point for sound period on this site.

The header animation is a bit like a grunge type effect, the rest of the site is clean style. They don't really go together.

It is (as a poster listed above) sort of leaned to the right side of the page, some quick alignment can fix this up. Outside of that, it look's like it is ready to go.

Reflekxi0n, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  7. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    emm.. Thanks everyone for feedback. Rep+. Though my q was not answered? :(:p
    Evaluate? Max it can go for? Of course its not for sale. Just wondering.. :)

WebmasterTL, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. levampire

levampire Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm NOT a website bidder expert .. Really Like It " I used it before this Thread was made "

But I Think the Old Black Style willl be better with that new flash Header

Thx, LeVampire

levampire, Jun 28, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  9. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks LeVampire.Appreciate your feedback however I wanted my site to be more fresh and appealing. Sure black looks great sometimes but I wanted a fresh looking site to compete with other big guys like co.cc and co.nr:D
    Rep+ added.

WebmasterTL, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Crappy flash banner (flash for presentational elements is instantly a miserable /FAIL/ in my book), layout seems broken as it doesn't center properly... the layout is primative at best and an accessability failure at worst thanks to the content being stuck in an undersized fixed metric font.

The eight validation errors are minor stuff - but doesn't inspire confidence as being easily fixed minor stuff it would make anyone who investigates it from a code standpoint question the... skill of it's creator. Looking at the source gets worse because of the inlined CSS, IE conditional which shouldn't be neccessary given what a piss simple layout it is, unneccessary and wasteful div's and classes, elements that aren't paragraphs inside paragraphs, presentational images in the markup, manual line-breaks that don't seem to make any sense, use of meta tags that serve no purpose besides bloat, and 9.8k of markup for a measly 1.7k of actual page content.

I dunno, sorry to say I'd say it's only worth the concept as I'd chuck most of it and start over - and being there's prior art on the concept...

deathshadow, Jun 28, 2008 IP