1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One week and still 0.00$!! Normal?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by manuelb, Apr 15, 2006.

Hi

I started making a few blogs at the beginning of the week but so far without any succes. I could not believe that you guys are actually making money with it. So I had to try this to!! I think I did anything possible. Then google decided to put hurricane ads on it again:( . So I'm getting really desperate to make any money at all.

Anyhow, any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks

http://petspalace.blogspot.com

manuelb, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Sounds like they are running public service ads since they have not indexed new site.

Good luck.

Smyrl, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  3. spainexpat

spainexpat Peon

Best Answers:
    Or no one is going to your site. Give it time, comment on others' blogs, get into the community.

Generally blogging for money isn't what it's about though, btw.

spainexpat, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  4. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You started to get vistis (us) and this is enough for the adsense spider to work well. Now, the ads show up properly. This is step 1.
    Step2 is promote your blog to get traffic. Traffic is the core of profit for adsense.

Lordo, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  5. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    manuelb, what are your blogs about? This can have a big impact on AdSense. Also, the reason you're getting PSAs is when you create the Ads, Google asks what you want to do if it can't find ads, and the default choice is display PSAs.

Tyler Banfield, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  6. ejobs2u.com

ejobs2u.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking Blogs getting less adsense revenues than Other common sites.even ur site has used good keywords.It is better alter some of your content and postion ads looking nicely for better CTR.
    Regards,
    EJOBS2U.COM
    :)

ejobs2u.com, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  7. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear ya. I haven't made a cent yet. Finally today though the bot must have read my pages on my two blogs because I have appropriate ads. One of my blogs is all about a my experience with my herniated disc and about different types of doctors to go to. I wrote it like an article. I got all kinds of spine and back injury ads on there from google now. So now I just need to get my blog out to some health websites and post it so people go to it. I think that's what I am suppose to do. We'll see how it goes. I just want to make a little extra money. I'm not looking to make it big.

I did originally have a blog that had more traffic on it but it was through myspace. Myspace's code is HTML and I couldn't get Googles Java script ads to work in HTML. So Adsense told me it would not work and that I should get a Google blog.

kari7171, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  8. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging for AdSense will be a failure. Adding AdSense to a popular blog can be very good in terms of compensation.

Start your blogs -- don't add AdSense. Write for a few months, or preferably 4-6. Create FeedBurner RSS feeds rather than the typical ones and use FeedBurner to track your readership. Add Sitemeter to all your blogs and track your Google, Yahoo and MSN searches and prioritize your blogs with the search terms used in order to gain even more traffic.

Once you have consistent traffic, add AdSense slowly -- don't over do it. I started with only 1 link unit and over time I added 1 ad unit. My most popular blogs do fairly well, my least popular blogs earn very little. I don't blog for income, I blog to get my information out there and gain a profit in the information I receive from my readers.

I'd recommend starting with one niche blog and focus on that first. Write daily, every day. Get popular blogs on your blogroll and then seek to get other bloggers to add you to their blogroll. Don't spam blog comments and don't try to be sneaky.

Over time, you'll get income. Trying to start with nothing will get you nothing.

dadasays, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    He "started making a few blogs at the beginning of the week but so far without any success", which basically means he's been doing this for 1-2 days.

There's no problems here, manuelb. You should start trying to get more traffic, and once you've gotten traffic and still not earning anything, then there is a problem.

Wait. Be patient. Add content. Work on SEO.

Rome wasn't built in one day, my son.

Added: My bad, guys, I just assumed (and we all know what happens when you assume :)) that this thread was today, but it is instead started on Saturday, which means the OP had been at this for, heh heh, a few 4-5 days. Still, I made the wrong assumption. ;)

jackburton2006, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  10. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you are Ziyi, i will be your son

ahkip, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  11. Antonio

Antonio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on how many unique visits you got.
    from my adsense stats, I got 1 hits by 400-500 uniques visits.

Antonio, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  12. khin007

khin007 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Manuelb ,

Its Ok .. i was also at that state before a month .. now i am geting almost 4$ a day .. Best wishes to You

khin007, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  13. manuelb

manuelb Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thanks everybody. Gives me some hope. By now I've had a few clicks and made 2.82 $ but the traffic doesn't seem to be consistent. I'm trying to make as much promotion as possible. But maybe my subject is to broad??

manuelb, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  14. byoung

byoung Peon

Best Answers:
    i think basically, keep at it is the key point here. Over time your search engine rankings will increase, increased exposure and increased repeat visitors. Its not really something that happens overnight, unless say you get digged. Also remember quality content will greatly boost all of this. Hope this helps.

byoung, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  15. spainexpat

spainexpat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey byoung, just curious, what do you mean exactly by "get digged"? Do you mean "get dug"? Or does the participle even matter? What's the concept?

spainexpat, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  16. byoung

byoung Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i meant, get dug on digg.com or slashdot. They are social news sites. Even then thats just a huge number of visitors, its a challenge to convert them into repeat visitors.

byoung, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  17. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    mightyb, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  18. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree with lots here..
    Blogging can be a decent source of income. And don't 'wait' to add adsense ads, whats the point? It's not like the average joe websurfer is offended because you have some adsense on your page. He'll still come back if you have something good to say in your blog.
    Thats the entire ticket - have something GOOD to say. Something new, something interesting, and something that isn't covered already. Don't start up another blog about something that you cannot talk with some authority about, and don't blog about something that google shows 5 million results for. Just my 2 cents.

iBold, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  19. 4uu.net

4uu.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about traffic. It took me about 20 days to receive my first click with approx 50 - 100 views per day. After three months I post in a forum on a popular newspaper page and jumped to 1.300 - 1.700 views and got 25 - 30 clicks.

So I think you have to find a way between gurilla marketing and spam (and avoid spam of course)

And you have to provide *good* content for your visitors so that a word-of-mouth campaign could start .. and that should be standard of your content: would YOU send a link to your site to a good friend?

ciao

Andreas.

4uu.net, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  20. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Not always true if the blogs are built correctly and the content is good. Blog clicks can pay a lot higher than a standard site ads from what I am seeing.

manuelb keep posting your content and dont spend too much time worrying about your adsense as Jack said Rome wasnt built in a day.

Good Luck.

cormac, Apr 22, 2006 IP