1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Speed of link development

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by redsy, Jun 25, 2008.

I am developing my sites and would be interested in peoples thoughts on speed of links appearing for a domain that is 6mths old?

I read about 15 per day is the kinda of guidelines. Dont want to gain them too quickly if it will harm the site. Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

redsy, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  2. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    50 per day is okay.

bubaipal, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  3. loopline

loopline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here is a great article on Link Velocity, which is basically your question:

http://www.digeratimarketing.co.uk/2007/04/19/dominating-serps-with-better-link-velocity/

Also take into account that just because you spread 15 a day or whatever, doesn't mean Google will pick them up exactly as you spread them. If Google only crawls a page you put a link on once per month, it isn't going to get picked up till it gets crawled again. Versus a page that gets crawled every day. My point is pages get crawled at different intervals (you can roughly track this by the cache feature in google), so you links will get picked up only as they get crawled.

All that aside, realistically an site that is worth having a link from, probably gets crawled at least 1 time per week if not several times per week. Anyway, just my two cents.

MAtt

loopline, Jun 25, 2008 IP
    Camay123 likes this.
  4. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great comment. +rep for you.

Camay123, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  5. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    Spend 1 hour a day doing link building and the rest of the day building content. You probably won't run afoul of the search engines.

freelistfool, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  6. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for comments!!!

His post argues that 100 per day is ok. I quote "Link velocity is a great measure of popularity. It’s important. Very important."

My concern is i have read as said before this should be about 15per day. However, when considering bulk directories, signatures links, site wide links etc many links can be gained very quickly. It is these links that can be gained that i would like to take advantage of though not be penalised because of.

I realise these are of low level PR but nonetheless are gained quickly regardless of crawl rates which point i take on.

Using the hour a day method does not give an idea of number though a good measure and ratio for me for links:content.

That post quoted seems as if it was a relatively new domain as mine is.

I suppose the question and a good example is a 6mth old domain getting 6000 signature links, good or bad effect?

redsy, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the quality of the link matters most than the number of links. Also make sure the links are from different C class ip's and point with different anchors and to different pages. If everything look natural than nothing to worry.

poseidon, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  8. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its true. Link building really take time before you see the result. Here, we have 4 - 6 months period to link build a website and show GOOD SERP.

fr@nc!z, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  9. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    So is getting large amounts a problem if my domain is only 6 mths old?

redsy, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  10. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not a problem for quality links.
    If you're spamming with some automate tool, that's another story.

zexy, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  11. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    No am talking about getting signature links, large directory quantity submissions etc. Definitely not spamming.

Just dont want to over do it,if you can

redsy, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  12. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    You can go on with the forum signature links, you won't get penalized for that.
    About the directory submissions, you can submit to 5000 directories in just one day anyway.
    Just change the anchor text from time to time, so that it looks more natural and under the radar.

zexy, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  13. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    anything that can be humanly done is acceptable... automated services might be sketchy when it comes to google if they come too quickly

kg_lew, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  14. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys!
    So the general trend is that number and speed does not seem to be an issue would not be able to do more than 100 per day anyway, not manually.

I keep away from automated stuff and re-enforces this

redsy, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  15. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    One day someone will realise it doesn't matter how fast you built links... cus if it did, I'd go build them for my competitors and penalise them.

Where is the logic guys?

PlateFish, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  16. s3lim-marketing

s3lim-marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Interestingly you can influence competitors rankings though (ask Brad Fallon). There are a few people that actually have link spam services where they will get a ton of useless spammy looking backlinks to any site you want.. just hire them and direct it to a competitors site. There are people that do it. It's only damaging though if the site is brand new and like PR 0.

s3lim-marketing, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  17. redsy

redsy Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the definition of brand new what timescale ? i ask as my domain is 6mths old

redsy, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  18. samehzone

samehzone Guest

Best Answers:
    i believe if you do it manually forget about the number make as much as u can

samehzone, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  19. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't worry, google is quite sophisticated at spotting spamming. If google penalised your site it would have to penalise sites like the new york times that get thousands of backlinks a day

lightlysalted, Jun 29, 2008 IP