1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Site Review - Now this is value for money!

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Spider-Man, Jun 23, 2008.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls. I have a bit of a surprise for you!

This is somewhat a revolutionary experience. I for one have never received such gratitude for a submission to a directory.

What am I talking about? What's the big surprise?

I recently made a submission there, priced at only $49.99 - which seems reasonable in the grand scale of things - especially when I looked at other 'major' directories which are supposedly dying out. For a directory which I've read of major plans for, I thought "hey, it's worth the risk. No guts, no glory".

So I submitted Cupar Garden Centre and waited for a reply. By the next morning, and a little over 9 hours sleep, I received the confirmation e-mail to say my site had been accepted for a listing in the directory. Not only a fast turn around, but very courteous, too. Very impressed so far.

A couple of hours later, and I received a follow-up from the directory, stating that they had a few suggestions for my submission, which included:

- Better use of keywords to improve efficiency.
    - Use of keywords to cover typographical errors (eg. 'center' instead of 'centre')
    - Unique selling points ?
    - Local competition ?
    - Who I wanted to compete with online ?

After agreeing on certain cases, the directory network team got together, and completed my listing. Very pleased, I was ready to come here today to post my own review of the directory and give my full recommendation - after all, I've never experienced anything like this with a directory before - have you?

Then earlier this evening while doing some work on my site, I noticed a page creeping up on a few SERP's from the directory itself. Pretty outstanding work for a less-than-day-old listing. So, intrigued, I investigated a little further.

I came across this, a review of our business complete with 'deep links' to pages within my site - but I didn't recall paying for this, or did I?

----------​
    Cupar Garden Centre based in Fife, North-East of Scotland is one of Scotland’s Premier Garden Centre & Aquatics Emporiums established in the early 70’s. They provide a large selection of products and they are one of the only UK garden centres that stocks Canadian spas, for those who wish to indulge themselves in a luxurious therapy for both mind and body.

The Centre supplies a comprehensive range of Concrete Garages, Conservatories, and Garden Furniture to compliment its wide selection of gardening products and services which includes a complete landscaping service. With regular special offers on many of their products its well worth bookmarking this site to keep an eye out for that seasonal bargain.

What’s more impressive about this particular Garden centre is it also boasts a pretty impressive pets and aquatics centre that offers a selection of small animals like the popular domestic rabbits, gerbils, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters and mice to the rarer breeds of degus, jirds, dumbo and naked rats. The pet shop also boasts a variety of captive and hand reared birds such as Parrots, lovebirds and cockatoos.

To finish off the review we could not help but mention the vast selection of coldwater and tropical fish presented to you in an impressive aquarium that must be well over 10 foot in size. Compliment this with a range of high quality aquatic products from many of the leading suppliers like Aqua One, Hagen, Fishmate, Juwel and Laguna and your sure to find what you want with little fuss.

While your mulling it over what you want to buy from this Pandora’s box of gardening and Aquatic wonders why not take a seat in the centres award winning Cuisine Ecosse Garden Café which doubles up as a Restaurant of an evening. It would be fair to say that with the Farm Shop that stocks a range of jams and fresh organic products Cupar Garden Centre offers pretty much a complete day out for the whole family.
    ----------​

The directory network had gone to the hassle of writing a full review and doing background research on our company to write a full review - did I owe them more money for this outstanding piece of work? I seemed hesitant, to say the least.

Knowing they'd ask me for what I owed eventually - I contacted a member of their editorial team, and was told that this was the first of many a great thing. I was given the first listing with a free review of my business the directory had completed. I have been told I owe them nothing, and that this is now a standard process with all paid submissions to their directory.

Now, that's fantastic service - it's almost like buying one submission and up to 10 'deeplinks' for the price of one single submission. All this for only $49.99!

But then, the bad news. There's always bad news.

They wanted to give me $20 back!

Surely this must be a wind up, all this work for next to nothing, but it was true - all I had to do was display their directory's 'Verified' logo on my site (oh, this was another feature they had - they rated my site for security and gave me a rating, which I wasn't aware of, either!) - which I will be finishing off as soon as I finish this post. Not only does this show my site to be the family-friendly site it is, but I also get to show off the directory that I am most proud to be listed within (oh, and saves me a little bit extra cash, too).

And which directory am I talking about?
    What's the big secret?
    The CantUFind Directory

Disclaimer: For all those who dislike the team behind cantufind, I couldn't really care less. I'm a genuine guy making an honest recommendation of a company who have truly helped my company. If you disagree with that, then fire away.

Spider-Man, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  2. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ SpiderMan -
    for those who know Jamie, they won't be surprised. He walk's the walk & leaves the talk to the others.

DownUnder, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  3. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks DownUnder, I figured selling links is easy, too easy for some, its about time someone actually done something about it, why not Cantufind. Perhaps making a term up the Slow Buck Crew! as I'd rather make a slow buck and give the customer value for money rather than rip them off as most seem to do these days.

@Spider-Man; It was a pleasure, I know you never dealt with me on this one so am more happy to see that your happy with our service. :)

JamieG, Jun 24, 2008 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  4. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    DownUnder, sorry I had down as a no nonsense Aussie who would be more than able to apply a bit more discretion than that. In this forum Jamie and spidey have been following each other around like bad smells for some time.

And then we we are hit with language that its straight out of a three O'Clock in the morning infomercial

• I have a bit of a surprise for you! What's the big surprise? which seems reasonable in the grand scale of things
    • hey, it's worth the risk.
    • No guts, no glory".What's the big secret?
    • it's almost like buying one submission and up to 10 'deeplinks' for the price of one
    Do you really think that people are going to fall for this dribble? This sort of stuff is counter productive to what they are trying to achieve.

nebuchadrezzar, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  5. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry to disappoint you this is not a wind up, its all very true so you'd better get used to it. :rolleyes:

Me, I couldn't care less what you say, although you need to have some concern as I'm getting rather sick of your libellous innuendos, and the internet in all its anonymity is not as protective to you as you'd like to think when acting in such a way.

I do however feel sorry for Spider-Man for the first thing he said to me when I revealed the co-incidence, (yes they do happen in all aspects of life) was that's going to look as if you gave me a free review and certain idiots (he used stronger words) would say so.

Well nebuchadrezzar, (I won't call you neb as that's not your real name). You never disappointed. But let me tell you some hard facts, and unless you can prove otherwise I strongly suggest you refrain from making any more foolish comments because after all that is what they are.

I explained to Spider-Man that somehow his site had got chosen first for the new review system we've employed and if he wanted us to delete it until a later date we would. I explained that there would be idiots like you who would try and discredit this as some kind of stunt but he declined in the strongest manner telling me words I can't or won't repeat here about how people like you nebuchadrezzar can think what the hell you like.

Good on you Spider-Man, I hope your getting great traffic from your listing as will everyone else. The review was FREE I'd like to remind this crazy person calling himself nebuchadrezzar although Grant did have to pay his listing fee.

Sorry but unlike dmoz we have staff to pay. :rolleyes:

Now whether you like it or not nebuchadrezzar, your constant stalking of me (which has been noticed by many) is not doing you any favours but is actually doing the site you try so desperately hard to discredit a power of good and business has never been so brisk,. so he I guess your a volunteer for us as well, a volunteer marketer. :rolleyes:

Oh, for the record again, the reason Spider-Man and I seem to follow each other around the forum is because he kindly accepted my offer of being a moderator with the script in my signature, but of course yet again you failed to do your homework.

Your getting rather boring on your quest to rid the world of millionaires now so that they may live a humble life like you so why not try working for a living instead of trolling forums looking for posts you can spew your anger out at simply because they show the success people like you can only dream of.

The offer of FREE SITE REVIEWS with every listing will remain for as long as the directory does and nothing you can say or do will prevent that. The reviews get indexed in Google within hours and can only benefit the submitter who gets more exposure to their sites with an unbiased review of their site which is EXACTLY what customers want.

GET USED TO IT.

JamieG, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  6. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said that Jamie.

nebuchadrezzar, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  7. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually you edit your posts so often I really can't tell, however the point I was making which still can be made is that regardless of your thoughts and libellous innuendos the service we provide will remain. The more you post about it the more your giving me the opportunity to advertise this great offer.

JamieG, Jun 25, 2008 IP