1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reviewing services on a blog without using the service?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by pipes, Jun 23, 2008.

I often come across blogs that review products both hardware and digital, and also blogs that review services offered online.

Do you review basically by what you can find out from the website of each product/service?

I imagine that would be the case, as say for example if you reviwed a web hosting service or a mobile phone each day, theres no way you could use or own each one you review, so im guessing you review by what you can personally learn and find out about the product or service, either from the website or from people who have actually used something.

And then put that together as the review in your blog?

pipes, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  2. FHI

FHI Guest

Best Answers:
    I only review products that I buy (since I am too shy and lazy to ask for for products). I will pay attention to reviews if the reviewer has used the product/service but I tend to shy away from reviews that are only published for money. A guy named hank reviewing Tampons is an extreme example.

FHI, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. UseShots

UseShots Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently reviewed tutorial directories. I submitted my own tutorial to a bunch of sites and then reviewed only those accepted my tutorial. This way I could share real pending times and traffic numbers.

UseShots, Jun 24, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You could end up with some freebies if you ask maybe :)
    Totally understandable that your more interested in reading a review if the reviewer has used the procust or service.

Hank reviewing Tampons, lol :)

Good idea, your able to give genuine and accurate information.

pipes, Jun 24, 2008 IP