1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to adsense, can someone walk me through how They setup there ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mnymkr, Apr 20, 2006.

AFter getting the accuont and the tax stuff straight what is the first few things that you do? I think this might help me and a lot of other people. Thanks!

mnymkr, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to http://www.google.com/adsense/ and set up your ad codes, then place the ad codes on your site. There is an FAQ there that you can/should read, that will answer any questions that comes up. It's quite a helpful CP, actually.

jackburton2006, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  3. lostartist

lostartist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read important information about adsense, like FAQ section & Terms and condition. I recommend that you print important information.

You can read useful adsense tips here at DP just search for old posts.

lostartist, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  4. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:

The other advice you got was important.

You sign in to Google and find the type ad you want. Let it generate the code and then you copy that code to the pages you want it to show up on.

The code between the <script> </script> tags should not be saved in or copied to a word processor use only a simple text editor like notepad else you might "break" it.

Colbyt, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The TOS is very, very important. Don't violate it, or you'll risk banishment, and lose what can potentially be a very major part of your site's revenue. If you have questions about what is and isn't allowed, just come back here and ask. People are quick to help.

Good luck.

jackburton2006, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  6. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) do i need to use channels and how can i optimize thier use?

2) i have a program through joomla that clan block my click thrus however if I dotn have a static ip can i still block myself from clicking them (on accident)

mnymkr, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  7. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    1) You don't need to use channels, although it's a good idea. Opinions on how to "optimize their use" will vary. Some ideas might be to use certain channels for certain ad positions. For example, "topbanner" could be one, "sidebar" could be another, etc. This might help see what position(s) do best for you. You could also make channels based upon the type of ad. Call the Wide Skyscraper ads "wideskyscraper", etc, to see what types of ad formats work best for you. And then there are also URL channels if you just want to keep track of performance based on the page.

2) I'm guessing you're using the Joomlaspan! Google AdSense Module 2.0 (Clicksafe - Special Edition). Unfortunately, I've only used the regular version, although the Clicksafe one does say that you can "block certain IP numbers", so I'm assuming you can either specify a range (your best bet if it lets you), or a few individually (in which case if there's no limit and you have a lot of time...). Hopefully someone else has used it and has a little more input.

jdi_knght, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  8. Nystul

Nystul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a reason why there's a "search" function in this forum ...

Nystul, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  9. advancescripts

advancescripts Peon

Best Answers:
    there is lots of feature to track, how many users view and click on a particulart area, use the chanel to track it.

search function, is additional feature to earn more with this button your visitor can search from google and if visitor click on shown advertisement, the earn money add in you account

advancescripts, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  10. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you. those replies are exactly what i am looking for. i am working on some articles for sight. i am trying to write the articles in a plain and simple language everyone can understand and can translate easily. thanks!

mnymkr, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  11. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you already use firefox, you might want to install this plug ins :
    http://code.mincus.com/3/adsense-notifier/ it's handy, it displays your adsense earnings by checking regularly your adsense account.

JamesColin, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  12. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i didnt know about that. i checked out your site. i will prob join just because i like to write and have no where to post.... i see you use drupal.... have u ever considered joomla.....it is a bit easier to style

mnymkr, Apr 21, 2006 IP