1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buyers beware of cheap rates ....

Discussion in 'PHP' started by vishnups, Apr 2, 2008.

1. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im am not saying you are a scammer. Just from my experience from being on DP here.. Every scammer says "i have unexpected plans, sick, cat died, etc.." so i am sorry for that but unfortunately 0 iTraders is hard to give you a good backing so i hope you understand that..

But P.S. as soon as i got you to start the work i gave you my server info. But since you may have misplaced it i gave it to you again via email. Thanks :)

joecool6101, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  2. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you have a backup, joe...lol.

Ulquiorra, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  3. alexts

alexts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was always amazed how people paid auto mechanic 60 per hour without hesitation,but they absolutely outraged by programmers charging 30-40 per hour.

alexts, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  4. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    programmers should never charge by the hour anyway

5. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    Dear Joe,
    Please note that you have not provided the server details to me. I have not misplaced it and you have not send it to me. Probably you are referring to some other programmer. Given below is the messenger chat transcript we had:
    ========
    5/6/2008 8:49:34 AM vishnu -)Nick(- I will be working on your server and DB
    5/6/2008 8:50:05 AM vishnu -)Nick(- and which host are you hosted with ???
    5/6/2008 8:50:36 AM -)Nick(- vishnu I am currently sharing a host with a friend.
    5/6/2008 8:50:49 AM vishnu -)Nick(- which hosting ???
    5/6/2008 8:50:59 AM -)Nick(- vishnu i am not sure the name of it..
    5/6/2008 8:51:12 AM -)Nick(- vishnu it has cpanel/wh,
    5/6/2008 8:51:15 AM -)Nick(- vishnu whm*
    5/6/2008 8:51:17 AM vishnu -)Nick(- I need to know your server config...
    5/6/2008 8:51:49 AM vishnu -)Nick(- I think it is a reseller account..is it ???
    5/6/2008 8:52:01 AM -)Nick(- vishnu its how he has it setup yes.
    5/6/2008 8:52:25 AM vishnu -)Nick(- Where do you plan to host it ????
    5/6/2008 8:52:35 AM -)Nick(- vishnu I am planning on getting a VPS for it
    5/6/2008 8:52:44 AM vishnu -)Nick(- ok
    5/6/2008 8:53:07 AM vishnu -)Nick(- at which host. Better go for a good one...
    5/6/2008 8:53:26 AM -)Nick(- vishnu vpstime.. i was with them few months ago.
    5/6/2008 8:53:26 AM vishnu -)Nick(- with good database servers and web speed index
    5/6/2008 8:53:44 AM vishnu -)Nick(- I have not heard about it..
    5/6/2008 8:54:05 AM -)Nick(- vishnu yeah not well known but never had a problem even with my high traffic sites.
    5/6/2008 8:54:13 AM vishnu -)Nick(- ok...good
    5/6/2008 8:54:19 AM -)Nick(- vishnu I am willing to take suggestions if you know of anybody else
    5/6/2008 8:54:56 AM vishnu -)Nick(- If your current hosting is good..it is OK...
    5/6/2008 8:55:39 AM vishnu -)Nick(- Because it is a high end application requiring good database servers
    5/6/2008 8:56:55 AM -)Nick(- vishnu will you be requiring cpanel or does direct admin or something similar work?
    =========
    And the last chat we had:
    ==========
    Ok..got the mail..thank you..
    5/25/2008 11:01:48 PM vishnu -)Nick(- It will be ready by next month..
    5/25/2008 11:02:32 PM vishnu -)Nick(- I won't be available from 30th May to 7th of June..as I am travelling..
    5/25/2008 11:02:41 PM -)Nick(- vishnu okay thats fine
    5/25/2008 11:02:51 PM -)Nick(- vishnu i still need to get a good domain for it
    5/25/2008 11:03:16 PM vishnu -)Nick(- Will disable the demo now..and will re=enable once it is ready..Ok
    5/25/2008 11:03:23 PM vishnu -)Nick(- Ok
    5/25/2008 11:03:25 PM -)Nick(- vishnu alright :)
    5/25/2008 11:04:04 PM vishnu -)Nick(- Take your time for the domain name as it is important for search engine optimization..
    5/25/2008 11:04:30 PM vishnu -)Nick(- Bye.
    5/25/2008 11:04:35 PM -)Nick(- vishnu Thanks. Bye
    6/23/2008 12:37:24 PM vishnu -)Nick(- - Please send your server details to so that I can upload your files...
    ==============================
    But server details...nor your Domain name has been mailed to me...Am I correct???????...

You told that you are planning on getting a VPS and nothing was heard about it. You have provided details of a shared server of your friend while on chat and I had informed you that for certain applications in your project we need a good server.

So I request you to go through our chat transcripts an e-mail me the server details so that I can upload the files to your server.

Regarding itrader I have never asked my clients to provide me a positive itrader as I do not believe in it...Hope you understood...I always provide references of my clients...

@Ulquiorra

I have no obligation to reply to you...but since you are so curious I thought I might reply...While traveling I had no internet connection....for coding internet is not required....I was referring to a past incident in which had done some modules in his admin panel and without checking the details he has commented that the module was not finished, which in fact was finished. I have his mail.. He will understand it better...

And there are lot of better ways to spend your time rather than commenting on something on which you have no knowledge...Unexpected incidents (like my travel) are not pre-planned and that is the meaning of "unexpected"...Hope you got it

Joe..you can send me your server details by mail and your files will be uploaded...

vishnups, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  6. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i sent them this morning at around 8:10 after you left me the offline message on msn. Please check :)

joecool6101, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  7. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said before, no hard feelings.

And I was referring to the "uploaded" part, I know no connection is required for coding.

Usually it is best to ignore me, especially when I have too much time.

8. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    I am extremely sorry that I have not received your mail...Maybe you have send it to wrong address..please resend it....

9. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    While reading you should read it properly...I have uploaded it to my test server and not to his server as he has not yet provided his server details...and I am labeled a scammer..

10. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    @5ive
    He had a pre-made script and he needed a media player. It was just a installation job ($25) and the page was coded in such a way that it opened in a separate window using Java Script...He needed a third part player activex control installed and I advised him not to go for it as his web visitors will not be able to view it..But he was not understanding what I was telling and I refunded his money...The way he has written creates the impression that I have done some project for him and he was not satisfied..it was just an installation job which hardly took 30 minutes...Hope @5ive will reply to this....

I wonder how people are twisting things and creating confusion...Shows the way they are brought up....

11. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    @Joecool

Server info received in my private message box...

12. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    I check my files every day for 2 months now. Please refund my money. anyone can see the script you completed by seing the template at www.pretkd.com
    as for more money needed for more work you must be joking me. I already paid you twice. once for the first amount you said and the second for the "extra" work. see the part of the transcript below. do you need me to post more. do you forget also you took my money.
    Just send back my money now after 2 months this is enough......

vishnu says:
    You can setup a shopping cart to sell your products...you can track sales..you can upload marketing plans from your admin module etc..etc..
    vishnu says:
    All at your website...
    vishnu says:
    In a professional manner
    vishnu says:
    Any module that you desire can be done with the required functionality...
    vishnu says:
    It will take only 15 days to get it done...

rockbust, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  13. shels

shels Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Vishnu,

You need not worry about this incident. Right from beginning I knew something was wrong. Blaming a programmer and calling him a scammer without even providing the server details to FTP is too much. It is natural that bugs will be there in a project, however good the programmer is. And it can be rectified. Even Microsoft Programs have bugs even in recent revised versions, even though they have some of the finest engineers working with them. It is part of the development cycle as any technically knowledgeable person might be knowing.

Some guys who have the time and no job to do are very imaginative. You need not have to reply to them. Brush them aside like viruses. Is itrader a criterion to judge a programmer? I hardly think so. As one of his clients, he never asked me for a itrader rating.

Vishnu, the world is a mix of good and bad guys and you cannot satisfy all. This incident I feel was due to some mis-understanding. Since you were traveling you were not able to communicate and a few people mis-understood you.

Treat this as a bad dream and come back with renewed vigor. We need programmers like you. Being myself a Database administrator I can tell that you have excellent coding skills and you need not leave this forum because of some mis-understanding.

Good Luck :)

shels, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    Ulquiorra likes this.
  14. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    Bravo @ shels.

+Rep because I feel like it.

Btw, imo Vishnu - you may be an excellent programmer (I dunno), but you do need to work on your designing skills.

15. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    and my paypal screenshot. Do you remember me now Vishnu. Please Refund my money. 2 months is quite enough of excuses......

Attached Files:

16. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    Shels dont confuse my project with Vishnu's other. I have used two other designers and coders from DP in the past and they were awesome. I can not comment if Vishnu is a good programmer because he has not done his work yet. I can tell you he has scammed me.

17. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    and my email to you 1 month ago saying i paid in full them you wanted more money so I paid again.

Please just refund my money.

Attached Files:

18. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    ok I uploaded the email to my website [​IMG]

please just refund my money. I know you are in school and maybe have spent it so pay me half and I will take payments.

19. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    I have now attached a screen shot of my ftp site. as you can see I have nothing uploaded for over one month now. Funny I just noticed a new file was uploaded last night and it removed the text that said "designed by Vishnu" on my index page.

Next Vishnu will say that he completed my project but I replaced it with a child's level template to discredit him.

Once again please just refund my money. send half now and I will take payments if you have spent my money on your traveling.
    [​IMG]

20. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's all true, i've seen alot of customers come to my after buying a cheap script. Most times it's copyed and pasted from internet resource sites and sometimes it's just garbage script kiddie work.

Normal prices here in the netherlands are between 25-65 euro's for every hour of work. But indeed, quality comes with a price!

EricBruggema, Jun 23, 2008 IP