1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dell simply sucks

Discussion in 'General Business' started by maiahost, Jun 20, 2008.

1. phoenix_ent

phoenix_ent Peon

Best Answers:
    after you said that i thought about my girlfriend. hers at best buy now for the 3 third time her screen keeps going out. lucky she has the warranty.

phoenix_ent, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    I talked with 3 representatives over the phone and 2 other ones over live chat. If they can't get their representatives to "sell" the same story they don't deserve our business.

maiahost, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. liam1412

liam1412 Active Member

Best Answers:
    liam1412, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    It was 1 month and 1 day not 1 day. If there were problems with batteries then they should update their shipping information and make the matter public, so that anyone that orders a laptop is informed, not lie to customers.

maiahost, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I would have long canceled the order and get an Acer instead. Acer is trying to be like Dell, you can see from the way they advertise nowadays.

wisdomtool, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  6. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are lucky you didn't have experience with TimeWarner cable or Verizon landline ..

What you just said about dell is a "small company mistake" compared to what you get when you call verizon landline .. i was on the phone for 3 hours with them to simply tell someone "come and fix my line" .. i have been transferred some 50 times, each time they will just take some 5 minutes to spell my name, my phone number, my shoe size, my hobbies, the brand of underwear i wear and other BS, and then transferr to the next idiot who will ask same questions

and here is some complement for Verizon - YOUR STUPID SYSTEM transferred me to a FAХ МАCHINE when on the voice prompt i said "Technical Support" !!!!!

now what are the managers of verizon think about ? do they think at all ?

oh .. seems i went over my experience quiet a bit :) lol

in one word .. i really hate doing business with BIG companies , especially when they have a monopoly in a field (verizon has local monopoly in my area), and dell has a monopoly of selling its products only trough themselves

stats, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Well at least you get to talk to someone, I spend 2 hours overseas call trying to get tech support for a Financial software, it was phone recording asking you to press 1 for this press 2 for that, I can't imagine how many times I have pressed the option and finally I gave up and purchase their paid technical support plan :( . For that you get to reach them near instantaneously.

wisdomtool, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  8. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    I did cancel the order (was on the phone for nearly an hour), however that's not the point - why would anyone have to spend this much time and effort to get nothing out of it? Why would a company make a statement (delivery time) and then say it will take XX (put a 2 digit number here) days more and why on earth would they not say it out loud if there is a problem with laptop batteries & delivery times?

maiahost, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I think they outsourced their sales and support so who you are speaking to should be the front desk staff who just repeat what they have been taught to do. I guess it is just bad luck :)

wisdomtool, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  10. ndcole78

ndcole78 Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably were a victim of a mixup...It happens in every business. I say if you like Dell and have used them for years, then don't let one bad experience change your entire opinion about them. You may have just got a bad rep who didn't know what they were talking about. I've noticed that since they've outsourced a lot of their customer support overseas that a lot of the reps don't really understand what you're really asking them.

ndcole78, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  11. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    That is a problem with most of these big organization, outsourcing can cut costs but it can also cut quality of service if you are not careful. I myself experienced several of those horrible outsourcing customer services but also experienced some good ones. It is crucial for big organizations to know that outsourcing does not mean their responsibilities end there, constant monitoring of service is essential. Or they end up losing their reputation.

wisdomtool, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  12. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now go out and buy a HP! :D

joidiamonds, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  13. progenic

progenic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree... Dell today has the best online technical support and they handles lots of technical problem online and hustle free.

progenic, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  14. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    dell products and service suck!

dedicated to HP

ceaseer, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  15. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have bought about a dozen dells so far without any problem. Sometimes customer service people may act as smart axxx.

webcosmo, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  16. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I think Electrolux sucks. Not Dell :D

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  17. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    That's not the case - go ahead and order a laptop from their page - see that there's 7 days until shipping. I bet that all orders will be delayed yet they keep on insisting they will ship them in 7 days when you order (phone sales reps and live chat reps). I should probably change the topic to Dell shipping sucks or Dell don't keep their promises :) I went to Circuit City and got a cheap HP which did the trick but at the end I've still lost a few hours on the phone and a lot of my personal time and nerves.

maiahost, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  18. liam1412

liam1412 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry maiahost - I misread your OP and completely agree with you now. 1 month and 1 day is completely unacceptable. I would have cancelled the order in that case. I am often an advocate of the small independant computer shops TBH. The only problem with this route is when they go bust and you end up with a worthless warranty. Although the standard manufaturers warranty would still be valid but you would have to sort it out yourself.

liam1412, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  19. Civin

Civin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the shortage started in March there is no excuse that the rep wouldn't have known to say that there would be a delay.

Regardless, it is a large company going through a shortage. The delay is understandable, the lack of an update to the reps and the system is not.

I wouldn't let a single experience ruin how I felt about being a customer of the company for years, I just would need to have the next experience be 110% perfect to stay a loyal customer.

Civin, Jun 25, 2008 IP