1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you tell me about VCC's?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Insaneisos, Jun 21, 2008.

i heard that vcc's verify ur paypal, and how?

what do u need to buy one? and do you need a bank acc?

i heard something about a expuse number? whats that?

thanks in advance.

Insaneisos, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. indyeah

indyeah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey, :)

1. Yes, a vcc does verify your paypal, it's just a substitute to a cc!!
    2. No, you do not need a bank account to buy one, you just need to spare some bucks, it ranges from $4-$8* (* may vary depending upon the reseller).
    3. Once your vcc expires and you insert a "new vcc", you're asked for a expuse no. for verifying your account.

hope that helps you :)
    cheers

indyeah, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    One more thing, don't try to buy one on DP, as buying/selling of VCC's here is against the rules.

Lord Hades, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing, the VCC which Indyeah describes totally defeats the whole purpose of verification because you are using someone's else identity and bank account to verify your account and know that the person's bank does not permit sharing the account. It may work but it is cheating the system like using a fake ID to enter a club or something.

If you still decide to use it, do it at your own risk and accept any consequences.

eddy2099, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  5. amol_cool

amol_cool Guest

Best Answers:
    yup.. DO folow his advice to avoid getting an infraction

One HAS to use a VCC if one doesn't have a CC. There's no other option in that case..

amol_cool, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  6. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A fast way to get your account limited.

getjimmy, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  7. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.
    There are tons of people us vcc to verify but don't face any problem with their account

mentos, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  8. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    VCC means Virtual Credit Card, it is just introduced in order to avoid the fraud problems in using cc in net.

priyakochin, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  9. Insaneisos

Insaneisos Peon

Best Answers:
    so like i got one from this other site, i added it in add a credit card and thats all right? it didnt get me verified but it lifted my limits :l so yeah right? will i get caught and do i need a bank account for what?

Insaneisos, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  10. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Really? One does NOT have to use a VCC if they don't have a credit card. There is another option in which following the rules or not using PayPal comes into play.

hav0c, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  11. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not faced any problem YET?

getjimmy, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  12. Ajucoolest

Ajucoolest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    VCC is not a smart option to use in Paypal because , you can not produce the Credit Card Statement when paypal requires it. Even you would not be able to verify your account with Indian VCC. SO beware of VCC's

Ajucoolest, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  13. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree with eddy2009 that VCCs just kill the actual process of verification set by PayPal, but it is not true that it is responsible for early limitation of your a/c. Look, first of all no site can check if the entered card is a real Plastic Credit Card or just a virtual Card. If your payment is successful they can never check if it is done by a VCC or CC, so there is no matter that they limit your a/c for using VCC instead of CC.

However people believe that VCCs are responsible for limitation of PayPal a/c only because most of the VCC users are those who are not allowed to use PayPal. e.g. VCCs are used in high amount by,

01. Teenagers, who are just introduced to e-commerce by friends or elder brothers/sisters & since they don't have any real CC they 99% use the VCC to verify the a/c. But since they are new in the field & don't know the pros & cons of PayPal chargebacks etc. & to earn good amount in short time, they are always ready to take payment by PayPal, without knowing any background of the PayPal sender. Out of 10 Payments in PayPal there are at least 2 fraud payments (~20%) so there is no wonder, such a/c gets limited within no time.

02. People from non-supported countries, there is a long list of countries where PayPal is not allowed to open. Most of the African & Muslim countries are not supported by PayPal. Since people from these countries also want to run their online biz & since PayPal is always the first choice of payment by senders, they are forced to open an a/c with fake details & when PayPal tracks them by IP, they got their a/c limited, which is obvious.

03. Scammers & Hackers, PayPal is one of the easily hackable online payment processors. So most of the hackers & scammers use VCC to verify fake a/c & transfer fraudulent fund there to en cash it or to buy products online with that fund, but when the actual owner files an unauthorized access claim such a/c gets limited in no time.

So the conclusion is, if you use VCCs carefully, they will never limit your a/c. Say for example, I use VCCs since a year without any problem with my 2 PayPal a/c having more than 50 seller reputation & I have many buyers who haven't got any problem so far, & they are still buying them from me every 4 months when their VCCs expire. If you use PayPal carelessly, even real CC can't protect you from limitation.

mafostedu, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    me4you likes this.
  14. mrinal

mrinal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah use vcc carefully there are not much issues wid vcc but they take other things for limiting your account like different name in paypal and diff. name in cc...but deir is no name in vcc..i presume

in 5 bucks u get a vvc and all its details(same details as ur cc-cc number ,vcc code etc) and after u verify the VCC dealer would get n give u ur expuse no. which then u use to complete ur verification. Then for next transaction u do recent to the verification date paypal will give you $1.95

mrinal, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  15. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All I can tell you about VCC is that they're not sold on DP anymore and I don't recommend using em as they destroy the real purpose of verification. Getting a CC is not that hard. You can apply for add-on if you cannot get one for yourself.

mixke, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  16. ASPMachine

ASPMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    VCC validity is for only limited time may be from 2-4 months. If you verify your account with VCC and they ask you to re-verify your account after 4 months, as they often do, your account definitely gets again limited because your VCC would expire.

ASPMachine, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  17. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    where to buy the vcc ?

Sir Rusty, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  18. StartHereSoftware

StartHereSoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is a reputable place to purchase a VCC?

StartHereSoftware, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  19. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using VCC for verification defeats the purpose of verification and I doubt that anyone selling it has the permission to do so as they are supposed to be for their exclusive usage. So with that said, there isn't a reputable source unless it is issued by a bank directly.

eddy2099, Jun 23, 2008 IP