1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is best way to make money from home on the Internet?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by minix, Jun 22, 2008.

:confused:

I've been receiving tons of email and phone calls offering home jobs on the internet. I'm looking forward to make money from home on the net but a lot of these offers are scams.

I decided 2 months ago to join a company, they charge my credit for over 250 dollars without sending me anything. And when I called customer service, a voice of the phone said : The number you are trying to reach doesn't exist.

So if someone knows how to make the difference between a scam and the real thing, please tell me how.

Max:

minix, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All the phone calls and emails you get about making money from home are scams.

If you are prepared to do a lot of work, and prepared to not make much or any money for at least a year, start reading these forums and build your own website.

There are no shortcuts.

mjewel, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  3. shafty

shafty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way to make money is to offer services people want..

Write articles, design logos, article submissions etc. People will pay for these services and you will make money. You can then move onto other things as you learn.

But take my advice.. There is no easy way to make money online from a standing start

shafty, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's a very easy way to tell the difference between a scam and a genuine job.
    If it's a genuine job - they pay you.
    If it's a scam - you pay them.

magda, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  5. MakeThatDollar

MakeThatDollar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should never have to pay anyone to work from home. So don't do that again. Sorry about your loss. Maybe you could contact your credit card company and see if it can be reversed?

MakeThatDollar, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  6. Vonman

Vonman Peon

Best Answers:
    Anytime a business or person is very vague about what job you will be doing and you have to send them something in order to receive the information(such as money), it is more than likely a scam.

The unfortunate answer to your question is that there is no full proof way to make a living working from home, other then hard work and dedication. Make sure what ever you do, you enjoy doing it. I make very little money online, but I enjoy everything I do online. I learn a lot and have a great time, that to me is worth more than any amount of money.

Vonman, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  7. Devana

Devana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start doing work you know - There's lot of things you can do from home, and expand later.

Or you can join different affiliate programs, or simply find a known work-from--home which is not a scam. Google different companies/and programs and you will quickly find if something's a scam. I've been there and been scammed a couple of times a few years ago when I started working a little from home on the side. I later googled the companies and of course, lots of people had already gotten scammed and written about it around on forums and other sites.

Good luck :)

Devana, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Search and pondor :eek:

Shazz, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  9. manzoor

manzoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Once I was searching for jobs in my country's local site, so there I found a job which required basic computer skills and that job's salary was around 200-500 USD / monthly. I got cheerful that I may be selected for this, but when I send them my resume, in reply I got that this job requires you to pay the employer $15.00 in his PayPal for basic training materials. I told him that I have no need for it but he said, its mandatory. Then I let him know that why shouldn't we meet. In reply I got that he cannot.

I rejected, since I deemed that it may be a scam. So I advise you to do a little research before paying any one out. And as magda said:

If it's a genuine job - they pay you.
    If it's a scam - you pay them.

is truly correct.

manzoor, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  10. chazmilles

chazmilles Peon

Best Answers:
    Still, to answer your questions. In my opinion the best way of making money is affiliate marketing. And I recommend it to you because I'm making money with it. If you wish I can send you proof.

To join the affiliate program with which I'm earning the best, click the 2nd link in my signature and see what's it about.

Good luck and drop me a line if you have any questions!

chazmilles, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  11. ndcole78

ndcole78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is good to start out to give you a feel of how Internet marketing works, but in the end, you want to be on the other side. In other words, you should be the person selling a product or service that people want....This is where the real money is.

As an affiliate, you're promoting someone else or helping someone else get rich....Why not spend that same money, time, anmd effort to make yourself rich and get others to promote you?

I hope that all makes sense to you!

ndcole78, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  12. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whatever internet business that asks for money to let you in - is scam

the real businesses should instead offer YOU some money to just join in .. and should offer all of the support you need to do .. because if they are real, they DO understand that once they set you on track - you gonna bring them money year over year over year ..

stats, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  13. sreeja

sreeja Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry .I am not interested in it. This business includes so many cheaters.Thats why i said like this.The payment is not correct.Once they neat and in the second time they cheat us.In my opinion that type business is not always profitable.

sreeja, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  14. Finandom

Finandom Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.

So far, the basic of online business success that I found is master the Internet Marketing skills. This is a knife for you to cut some profits from the Internet.

The good news is you can learn it for free from this forum. Just search and read around here, you will definitely learn something new.

Good luck!

Finandom, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  15. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Scam: Pay first then earn
    Legit :No need to earn

mentos, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  16. almightyvegeta

almightyvegeta Peon

Best Answers:
    do the data entry jobs sitting at home.
    though there is joining fee but it will be covered in first month only
    you can earn $300 and above every month

almightyvegeta, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  17. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats great!
    Almost covers gas for the whole month :)

Shazz, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  18. Generatewealth

Generatewealth Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have been given a lot of good advice already from DP members so if I was you, I'd take note. Also, I would agree that affiliate marketing is a good way to start as you can start with next to nothing, but more importantly the internet marketing skills you will learn will leave you in good stead for your online business future.

Do lots of research and go with proven online businesses.

Generatewealth, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  19. wasmar1

wasmar1 Member

Best Answers:
    To make on the net from home requires hard work on your part. Never pay anyone to work from home on the net. Start with this forum first and try to notice what people are offering for sale and buying. You can then try affiliate marketing.Though it requires hard work and focus, there is no easy way to make money.But if you are focused you will make it in the end.

wasmar1, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  20. PCSandwich

PCSandwich Guest

Best Answers:
    Like what was already said. Scammers require money up front.
    Something like Adsense, which is not a scam, does not require money up front.

Here is my method:
    1. Get a cheap web hosting reseller account.
    2. Learn SEO.
    3. Research top paying, high traffic keywords.
    4. Register domains.
    5. Create websites for domains.
    6. Use SEO and chosen keywords on website content and make content original and interesting.
    7. Get backlinks to sites.
    8. Use Adsense or affiliates to monetize site.

PCSandwich, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    Chopster likes this.