1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Israel Deserves Their Promised Land Because

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by webwork, Jun 22, 2008.

God said so.

:rolleyes:

webwork, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  2. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    which promised land and when and where he promised that to them? just wanna know the details.

wmghori, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Israel as a nation has the right to survival as much as the Palestinians have the rights to their own land too. I do believe that God is just and He will provide not only for the Jews but for the Palestinians as well.

wisdomtool, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    stop being such a religious fanatic.

pizzaman, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  5. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course Jews have a right to survival but they don't have a right to land that is owned by others;)

ThraXed, Jun 22, 2008 IP
    polite likes this.
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thraxed, you're right. The Jews were forced to flee their land from facing death and they finally got it back. Took them long enough, but justice finally occurred.

Supper, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  7. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    Israel uses many false claims, the bible and the promised land, when they themselves say we are not a religious state, and the promise was given to them as long as they kept faithful to the commandments of Torah, these days, the Jews who are still faithful to the commandments of Torah are against the state of Israel

the historical claim, tells that the Jewish people, invaded the Canaan lands, and there staying there continued for about 70 years, if being there 2000 years ago gives a right on the land, then there are many cases in this world, were people or groups should invade countries, England claim France, Red Indians claim USA, Arabs claim Spain, and so on ...

the other claim they use, is that they conquered the land after they won the wars with Arabs in which they lie and say Arabs started the wars, forgetting their terroristic acts, and the barbaric massacres they committed and later the expelling of the Palestinian people,

later they try to justify their acts, by saying, but we are the only democracy in the region, when the reality shows that Israel is a racist and apartheid state,

God never chose people on race else he would create one race, and Judaism is not a race but a religion, God is not racist, God chose people who follow his commandments and who do good no matter what race or ethnic they belong to, and for sure, none of these commandments speak about stealing, raping, killing, lying, expelling, and bombing allies ships to make it look like the enemy did it so they drive them to war with other nations ;)

imad, Jun 22, 2008 IP
    gworld likes this.
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you are ok if North American Indians take back all of their land? Would you call it justice?

guerilla, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  9. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a lie, the Jews going to Palestine said they did not consider themselves refugees.

ThraXed, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  10. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There has to be an idiot to start up a fight...

With a useless thread...

And a stupid claim...

Lemon116, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  11. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    You're being hard on yourself...maybe not. I'm talking about that other thread of yours about Israel attacking Iran.

guru-seo, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  12. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My thread is about the latest news...
    Not an opinion (which was already discussed million times before) just to start up a fight.

Lemon116, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  13. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    No. What happens is there is a compromise. What happened was Israel got a compromise of their land back. The same exact thing should happen to the natives in north America. That is what is moral and right.

Supper, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh, well lets start doing that to every nation that has had land taken throughout the years.

Do you own land? If so I'm sure you'll have absolutely no problem if your land is some of the land given back to others in the name of 'moral and right'

GRIM, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  15. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree.

It's a compromise, not a give back lol. As long as I'm properly compensated, I don't care.

Supper, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Who's going to 'compensate' you? That sounds like now you wish to sell your land for profit, not a 'compromise'

GRIM, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  17. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, You're arguing from an "efficiency" point of view, so we're never going to see eye to eye. I'll just explain this once since you have a motive for "efficiency" over justice.

Let's say you own a house. I go in and steal it from you. Let's say I put you in a coma and left you to die a in a ditch.

-Do you deserve your house back? From an efficiency point of view, no. I'm benefiting from the property, you are not, so therefore it is mine. From a moral point of view(or justice), you deserve it back, I have to compensate you and also goto jail.

Let's say, I didn't take your house. Let's say, I kidnapped you and tied you up in my basement for three years. Obviously during that time, your house will be repo'd and sold to another buyer. At the end of three years, you get out of the basement.

-Do you deserve your house back? From an efficiency point of view, no. Other people are benefiting from you property and you are not, therefore it isn't yours. From a moral or justice point of view, you have every single right back to that house, despite the fact that someone else moved in "freely". I should have to compensate you for your missed time in the house, I should also have to compensate the people that bought as well as face criminal charges for my actions.

We'll do the scenario when someone isn't around to compensate. Let's go back 500 years to when European countries were colonizing the Americas. They drived people off their land. These lands were colonized for generation after generation after generation. It comes to the point of today that these people want their land back.

-Do they deserve their land back? From an efficiency point of view, no. From a moral or justice point of view? Yes. The problem now is that we have people born living their, so there obviously has to be a compromise. That means there will be compensation all around. Who should pay it, the governments involved in the process should.

It's the only way that is moral and right. If you think keeping stolen property is the right thing to do because it's "easy" than you have a flawed look at things. There has to be at least some attempt at restitution.

Supper, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  18. felzafndy

felzafndy Banned

Best Answers:

hahaha genious reply :D

felzafndy, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You trying to use 'stealing of a house' as an example is simply flawed logic.

There are hundreds of empires that no longer exist, just like Israel once didn't before land was bestowed upon them. I guess we should find all of their decedents or people who claim to be their descendants so that we can give each one of them their own little country somewhere.

I am not arguing from any point of view apart from simple logic. Logically we can not go around and give back lands from centuries of war torn civilizations, if you think we could or should you really have no grasp on history, much less reality.

GRIM, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  20. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    If people's descendent's still exist, they should be fully compensated if they're looking for it. It's moral. When you say logic, you mean efficiency. Right? It's just "too much work" to go around figuring it out and the process of moving everything around. It's not a grasp of history. It's a grasp of what is right and wrong.

Why? It illustrates the point.

What is annoying about you, is that you don't present a view, you nitpick. Anyone can nitpick from the sidelines and never present a view.

Present something, it's a discussion. What do you think should happen to Jews? Do they deserve to be compensated? Explain why? Why do you think the UN decided on the state for Israel? How do you compensate Jews for Hitler that were forced to flee Europe? Explain why.

Share something, instead of nitpicking.

Supper, Jun 22, 2008 IP