1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check for Fake PR before you buy a link

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jitendraag, Jun 20, 2008.

I have seen a lot of people coming out with new directories with PR on all forums. Many bidding directories manage to sell many links in a short timeframe because of the high PR that people can see on google toolbar and other pagerank checkers.

Many folks are also offering PR3/4 permanent links or blogposts for dirt cheap rates, many of them are in a hurry of some kind or other and that's why going for this offer; they are actually in a hurry to scam you with their fake PR websites.

Many of the new directories with PR have dropped domains and some of them are able to retain the PR by heavily promoting their websites but some of them have a forged / fake PR and people buying links on directories (sponsor link on web directories and any link on bidding directories) should check whether the PR is fake.

I use the fake PR checker at http://www.checkpagerank.net/ and it has saved me from many scammers.

Another manual way of checking for fake PR is searching for info:domaininquestion.com in google and if it shows some other website then it's a fake / redirected PR. You should also see number of backlinks in google / yahoo to ascertain the PR is correct.

The same should be done when you are buying a domain or a website.

jitendraag, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  2. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More people need to know about stuff like this, well done. :)

I actually made a post about this on one of my blogs this morning.

I received an email last night from someone offering me the opportunity to advertise on three blogs all PR6 for a total price of $295.

After checking them via http://www.checkpagerank.net/ I discovered they are forged Page Ranks.

Dean_Saliba, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  3. blazwww

blazwww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    + check if links bought, remain up at all time. You can use our FREE service, which automatically detects the anchor text that you're linking to your site with, as well as purchase terms, and date.

blazwww, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  4. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of scammers out there. They do this with links and they also do it when selling a domain or website. I put an article up on my blog a while ago about the same thing when buying websites. However, no matetr how many times you warn people, they keep falling for the same thing and then complaining later. Anytime you do any kind of deal, you need to do some research.

allout, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  5. akor

akor Peon

Best Answers:
    akor, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  6. akor

akor Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is your service?

akor, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Read your post but it doesn't inform others how they can check for fake PR :) The example was really good though !!

jitendraag, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  8. akor

akor Peon

Best Answers:
    jitendraag, for my example it was:

1. Is page have assigned PR?
    2. Is page have Google cache?
    3. Is page have strange URL?

because even http://www.checkpagerank.net/ gave error sometimes

akor, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  9. conorod

conorod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea to post this, people waste money buying links on "high pr" sites with actually quite a low PR.

conorod, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  10. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    PR on the page your link is on! I have many sites with homepage PR5 and PR0 inside. your not getting PR5 link off a PR0 page because it's in a PR5 website... DUH!

ezcat, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  11. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice from the OP. I've been thinking this myself for some time...

altyfc, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  12. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless the page your link is on is the PR you were looking fo, Guy may have a PR8 website but you link is on a PR0 page, Why pay?! I've got a website you can do that with for free.. Page is PR0 now but I'm expecting next update will be better... PM if interested... Actually have 18... Also found a sweet way to get PR7 links FREE!
    I an't makin' shit doing this, I just love it... What else would you do? Your all webmasters... I go lay tile and think about new niches I could... You know! Anyhow PM, politely I'll show you how to get PR7 links immediately for free.... Whatever, I just pulled 4 links by talking crap online with my friends, you all know what I'm doing... But no shit! PM I'll send you info FREE PR7 LINKS

ezcat, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  13. ezcat

ezcat Peon

Best Answers:
    This will be an infraction!

ezcat, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  14. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried signing up but when I verified my email, I got:

"Your ip address is not the same ip address that required access. The abuse has been logged"

:confused:

emigre, Jun 20, 2008 IP