1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you add ads to posts only on blogger?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Jdog, Apr 18, 2006.

I am with CJ and would like the ads to show up on the individual post pages only if possible. I just realized today that my links section where I have my banners do not show up on these pages, and that is where most my traffic enters. I want an ad on each post, but it will clutter my homepage if i just ad the code to the post. Is this possible with blogger? Is it possible with WP? I am seriously thinking about just switching over now.

Jdog, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. Jdog

Jdog Peon

Best Answers:
    I have played around with it, and I'm sure there is probably a way to do it, but it is over my head. So, I guess I will just start using text links in my posts.

Jdog, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  3. jdi_knght

jdi_knght Peon

Best Answers:
    If I remember right, to put ads into the posts, you have to edit the template and stick them somewhere in the <ItemPage> section within the main content section. Where I had mine, it would show when I viewed an individual post, but would be at the bottom right before the comments section.

Also, not sure if I'm understanding exactly what your page is like 100%, but you mention that the links aren't shown on the posts. In the template, you can make another section, again using <ItemPage>, but within the #sidebar section. If you currently have your CJ ads in the #sidebar section, they might be under <MainOrArchivePage> right now. Just copy it, paste it a little further, and change <MainOrArchivePage> and </MainOrArchivePage> to <ItemPage> and </ItemPage>.

Again, no guarantees, and most of this is from memory and looking at what's left of my Blogger blog (I switched to Wordpress), but I hope this helps.

jdi_knght, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  4. shabda

shabda Peon

Best Answers:
    Right <ItemPage> conditional tag is what you need.
    <ItemPage>
    The Ad
    </ItemPage>
    will show ads only on post pages.

shabda, Apr 25, 2006 IP
    Jdog likes this.
  5. Jdog

Jdog Peon

Best Answers:
    That did the trick. Thank you!

Jdog, Apr 26, 2006 IP