1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yes, you should all be ashamed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Colleen, Apr 16, 2006.

1. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ryan, you do seem taff in your avatar, if it's you of course.. russian maffia? :D

DomainMagnate, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    This forum has nearly as many whiney bitches as ebaumsworld forum :)

jabb, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Then you're a lucky.. I got it even worse for when I stood up for myself, but I never stopped trying to do so. I know how bad it feels to be bullied and I empaphise with anyone who was bullied, but this situation is alleged, i.e. we all know fryman gave out a lot of reds because Shawn publicly showed how many, but the fact is we don't know who to and probably never will, it's speculation.

it's not low or moronic for people to stand up for themselves, I wrote bullying is. These are two different issues. For some reason, there seem to be posts in both threads on the rep topic keep knocking him and to me that isn't standing up to someone, and I don't like to see it happen to anyone. Sorry, but in the thread all I saw is he asked what it means and where sites at that pr are for sale at x price. I'd ask the same and maybe this makes me an asshole but predicted pr... well, I only found out what this is recently (maybe 3 weeks ago although apparently this isn't available from google any more?), definitely didn't know in October last year, never been that bothered with search engine stuff before but realised that nowadays it's much more important (not like back in 97/98, not sure if PR existed then, when I first started making sites, although just for fun), so I'd probably ask what predicted pr, although it might be a silly newbie question,... and his other one he asked where such sites for sale, I'd have wanted to know out of curiousity too - the more information I can get on a subject the better, as then I can learn more. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm really sorry, but I don't see how those two questions were pushing it. if he'd been abusing you then fair enough but he seemed to just ask 2 valid questions. after you kindly answered his questions he wrote no more.

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am so ashamed - off to give colleen a red..........

debunked, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate, Colleen and exam like this.
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting back to the topic at hand.... :)

exam, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I don't know why it stays. It seems of no value before and no value now. There is another tool which seems a lot more pointful: itrader.

itrader seems of potential value before and still seems so now... and if you look in b/s/t and also s/f you'll notice posts by people ripped off. :( To me this is where some effort in posting is needed and might be good encourage to Shawn for change... I started a thread on it in s/f and well maybe it's because I'm a newbie making a thread or just no-one is interested in discussing itrader and how it can be improved. This is a shame, its use should definitely be encouraged in trade and I'm sure there are lots of cool things that can be done with it and it's more important to know if someone's good to deal with rather than the blob(s) (green/red/grey) that's below the number of posts someone has.

hehe, tux is cool ... he'd probably kick my arse.

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  7. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not ashamed because fundermentally i'm quite a nice person. Although am having battles with my girl at the moment so maybe i'm not. :(

Notting, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  8. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    You know she's right, just give in.

exam, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    ebk, Colleen and Cricket like this.
  9. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I don't think you don't understand discussion, we were not discussing whether bullying was right, you claimed people were bullying him and I explained to you they weren't they were just standing up for themselves, and then you comeback to me and say I'm not supporting bullying? Your a little off track, no one here is supporting bullying.

In my situation I was a n00b and knew very little about PR and how it effects the price of the site, basically what I took the wrong way was that before the second post where he asked for the links to the auctions where the sites where sold for a lot just because of PR he red repped me, which at that point knowing not a lot about the forum I took as a slap in the face an pretty disrespectfully, I guess you just had to be in my shoes - and at this moment I would have not reacted to him that way but the thing at this point I wouldn't ask that question - thats what this thread is about having a little more pacience with people who are starting out, if you don't want to help then don't, there are plenty others who will.

Anyways this thread is getting pretty annoying and I don't want to argue with you because eventually it would lead me to being a bully in a sense, as I'm not that patient :cool:

*Unsubscribing to thread* Will not respond ;)

emil2k, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  10. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is so true :) exactly what happened to me .

i was new here and i was just to strict on other (dident know how it goes here)

posted about red , finished by getting more :)

The only why i did care about it was because i couldnt post in other categories (like sales and ...)

but other than that i know my self :p no one mess with me hehe (who want to give me more red ? )

commandos, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    fair enough, I know it's not nice when an idiot decides to abuse someone, or click bombs their site, for not knowing about x topic or not being able to read their mind... sometimes one doesn't know if one's going to learn a lot from DP or just end banned from whatever cpc advertising program one's using because of some marauding moron didn't like a post.

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  12. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    re: me vs girl friend type 1 arguement

erm.....*ponders......

Here are my options i think:
    1) Be mature. Come to the sensible conclusion that it waspartly my fault and partly hers. Sort things out. :eek:

2) Get mad. Continue to argue with her....forever, because like me she wont give in. End up splitting up. :mad:

3) Concede that she was in the right. Buy her flowers. :rolleyes:

4) Buy her flowers (whilst secretly knowing that I am in the right;) )

I'm still undecided - ive got until tomorrow evening to decide on my strategy. What do you guys think?

Notting

Notting, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  13. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what outcome you want, Notting.

"You didn’t come here to make the choice. You’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it."
    Oracle, Matrix

Halobitt, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  14. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    #1 and buy her flowers :smile:

exam, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  15. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Don't admit you are wrong for f***sake! You'll never hear the end of it and any future disagreements will result in the casting up of how wrong you were this time! :eek:

Here's what to do ... buy her flowers (I'm assuming you want to make up) and offer them to her. Just before she can take the bunch from your hand snatch them away, just out of reach. Ask her if she was wrong in your most charming manner possible.

If she goes goo-goo for flowers and romance and all that crap, er, lovey-stuff, then she'll fold and admit she was wrong just to keep the peace ... heh.

You get off the hook and the argument is over.

mcfox, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    Notting, JohnScott and exam like this.
  16. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Knowing what I know now, I'd go for option 2.

Pretty obvious you are single;)

Roman, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    GRIM, Cricket, mcfox and 1 other person like this.
  17. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    >> Pretty obvious you are single
    ROTFL

exam, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    mcfox and DomainMagnate like this.
  18. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Notting, Do not EVER buy your girlfriend flowers when you did something wrong. Then all flowers you buy her in the future will always come with a "What did you do?"...;)

Flowers should be reserved for tuesdays, weds, fridays (i.e just becuase).....dont even bother with the flowers as a make up gift.

back on topic tho....

I think Ryan was saying that after Fryman is 'taken down a notch', or 'exposed as a bully' or whatever, fine. But when does it stop? Does he deserve a 'taste of his own medicine', or do you want to call him on his so-called shit to make him aware of what YOU percieve to be negative/hurtful etc actions nd then coexisit in this forum? And at what point do YOU become the so called 'bully'. Ryan was voicing an opposing opinion, a minority view in this thread. THAT IS HIS RIGHT.

I am pretty new here, and I have gotten red reps, and I was a bit miffed at first. But then I realized that is DOES NOT MATTER. You can not make everyone like you, it is impossible.

I can not speak for anyone elses experiance, but I personally have never had a problem with Fryman. If he ever was rude, snide or an a hole to me, I either never noticed it or moved on. I suggest we all do the same.

TCR, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  19. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    A simple way is to monitor the TOP red rep givers .. and disable their ability to give red rep for those who abuse it ...

Mr Crow, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  20. PedstersPlanet

PedstersPlanet Peon

Best Answers:
    And when we do buy them flowers.... then they get suspicious and accuse us of cheating - we can't win lol..... That's why I like being single, less hassle......

PedstersPlanet, Apr 20, 2006 IP