1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yes, you should all be ashamed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Colleen, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Moe

Moe Peon

Best Answers:
    They are, I think yoyo is saying that they would find a post by him in a different section, one that counts, so that they can give him rep where it hurts.

Moe, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are not always neutral... unless something recently changed?...

senior members with rep power do a small amount of rep change green or red in gc

GRIM, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    yo-yo likes this.
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I think that happens to all of us. I know it happens to me regularly.

They key is to either:

1. Post less in general chat/politics - i.e. GET BACK TO WORK!
    -or-
    2. Whine less.

Will.Spencer, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Moe, yo-yo is absolutely right.

maldives, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    yo-yo likes this.
  5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are. Someone who dislikes my political views has been going to my posts made outside of GC/Political to make sure when they red rep me, it counts as red. :cool:

Once again, no biggie, I really don't care about rep much since we have iTraders. However it's annoying to see the same anonymous person constantly abusing rep every 24-48 hours, for months on end, simply because my political views are different than theirs. Rather childish, and dangerously obsessive. In fact... I might call this person, a stalker. :D

PS: Thanks to those of you who left me a comment, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a stalker ;)

yo-yo, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  6. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha...

This pretty messed up thread, but it reminds me of what this fryman did to me a couple of months ago when I first came to DP...

In this thread I asked pretty much to evaluate the price of a site that should be a PR6...

And this fryman guy out of nowhere just kept on pushing the fact that it was just a predicted amount, eventhough people like mightyb, biddoug, and others were nice this fryman kept on popping out everywhere with his negative remarks that in reality had nothign with evaluating a hypothetical situation. I'm just saying that thread was kind of like a turn off to me about DP members and I could see how someone might easily just leave because of that and not come back.

BTW: Fryman, a week after that thread the site did become a PR6 and stilll is :cool:

[​IMG]
    :D :D

emil2k, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    soul-healer likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    FFS, enough ... what's this? bash Fryman threads? I'm getting sick of reading posts knocking him. get over some pixels, guys & girls! And frankly I can see nothing wrong with the posts by fryman in that thread. His point was valid. If you don't want opinions then don't post asking for them! You might not like his, but he's entitled to them, as you're entitled to yours. Not a reason to bash him.

Move on, people!

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    so those who are sick of him doing what he did get yelled at by you for stating it...

hmmmm another one worth -1 in my opinion...

Yeah I'm an ass i can admit it, but wow you are off base IMO...

Someone constantly rips others apart, and when some of those post about it the 'asshole' has a few rejects run to side...To damn funny to me..

GRIM, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  9. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure man ;) . I'm way over it but it doesn't change the fact that his an ass.

Also you got to consider that sometimes opinions are not wanted, specially from people who are constantly negative.

emil2k, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  10. maldives

Best Answers:
    I can not be that polite :D :D :D

11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    For me, it all boils down to this: Do posts of that nature make DP a better place?

It seems to me that many of the posts in question drive off new DP members, including some members that we want to keep.

It is a difficult line. You actually do sometimes want to drive off the weak and the slow members. :D

Will.Spencer, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yeah, off base in your opinion, maybe! We're all entitled to one and I respect that, whatever it is. But it's all becoming a bit stupid, like everyone wants to try and rub his face in it... because of his alleged "bullying", isn't the saying something like "the pot calling the kettle black"?

and this "hmmmm another one worth -1 in my opinion..." (which you actually did :D) makes you no better than you think he was.

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  13. maldives

Best Answers:
    No not at all, that is infact making things worse :eek: :eek:

I don't think you read the whole thread :confused: Did you read the posts from all the frustrated members?? From seniors to juniors??

Did you ever realize why the rep system was changed?? and the reasons behind the change??

14. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    honestly i didn't read through all 8 pages. we sometimes drive off new members because of the rep. most new ones don't understand the rep thing (myself included) and they learn it the hard way.

devin, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    maldives and SumitBahl like this.
  15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    It's funny you should mention this. I just read DP for a while because to be honest it didn't seem the friendliest place. Look at how many threads I've actually started... 3 in total, I believe, because I didn't want to be flamed, because maybe my questions were stupid.

if I'm a reject because I think bullying is low and moronic, even towards someone who allegedly bullied others then fine. that's exactly the kind of reason I was hesitant posting at DP. it's like being back at school... :rolleyes:

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @ Ryan please think before you type..
    #1 I did give you red as I feel you did deserve it... You're against bullying but you're trying to protect the bully...:rolleyes:..

It's nothing like what Fryman did..I said I was going to, I signed it, and it was a good reason IMO...

I didn't go around to every yart and bitch and whine about how dumb they were, and red every person in them, etc, etc, etc...

I'll quit there, but do yourself a favor and think before you type...

GRIM, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  17. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to "protect the bully". Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and have never been on the end of bullying. Good for you then, you never want to be. Just because a bully gets "neutered/taken down a peg" doesn't mean it's ok to rub their face in it back. Makes us the same as them. So because someone doesn't like bullying in general, never mind who it's against, that makes them a reject? Great. Thank you for your opinion.

ryan_uk, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  18. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you missed the point man, you are pretty much saying that is low and moronic for people to stand up for themselves, I'm sorry but I disagree with you...
    Any person with any backbone at all would retaliate, it is not about being mature, sometimes some people need a reality check otherways they live in false understanding that what they are doing is right, it is not bullying it is more like punishement...

So basically you are saying hypothetically...
    If a guy robs me day after day, it would be low and moronic for me to one day to say no more and beat his ass into the ground...

You compare it to school but you fail to recognize that this is basically universal in all things, people get tired of taking shit...

emil2k, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @ Ryan I must admit in the real world I'm not the type of guy who 'gets' bullied, online bullies would more than likely shit their pants before daring to mess with me..Not trying to act tough, just the truth..

@ Emil...thank you, said it better than I could...;)

GRIM, Apr 19, 2006 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  20. maldives

Best Answers:
    ryan, tell me why do you think Shawn decided to change the rep sysytem? Do you know any reason?

ebk likes this.