1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I built a search engine and need your advise badly. Be Honest!

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by eyezshine, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Gulam.Shuheb

Gulam.Shuheb Banned

Best Answers:
    My site doesnt come up or any related sites either www.radiobounce.com is my site and i searched the terms 'radiobounce' radio bounce'

Gulam.Shuheb, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  2. eyezshine

eyezshine Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! Thanks for all the great comments! I appreciate everything! I think Spyese is still working on the new design so I hope to get that going in a week or 2? I am sure he is reading this thread and taking in to account all your suggestions. I myself am good a programming but I am terrable at design so I really appreciate your Help Spyese!

Oh, and the reason I made the voting reload the page is because I wanted people to see the instant ranking increase or decrease so they would "get it".

eyezshine, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  3. bdasolutions

bdasolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the site. Keep working on it.

bdasolutions, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  4. eyezshine

eyezshine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simply submit your pages to the keywords you want people to find your pages under. The keywords you chose are up to you. Just make sure you submit to keywords that are related to your pages.

You can only submit one page from your site to one keyword or phrase at a time so pick your keywords wisely.

eyezshine, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  5. Richie Jenkins

Richie Jenkins Guest

Best Answers:
    I like it, should do well.

Richie Jenkins, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  6. eyezshine

eyezshine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I hope it does. But I am affraid google has a big grip on people and it would take a miracle to get people to convert. I guess it's a good thing I believe in miracles. HAHA!

eyezshine, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good one. Although submission always reports errors first, need to go back and press submit again and then it works. Anyway, a nice job.

Arnie, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  8. dreamcon

dreamcon Peon

Best Answers:
    I will give you my advise for free.....so not post your ideas in forums.........,

dreamcon, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  9. JoRd

JoRd Banned

Best Answers:
    My main site and forum link both on the first page for my keyword... i love it! haha

But I think it looks very promising, keep up with it!

Just a quick question here though because I never understood why people would make a search engine when your competing against Google, Yahoo!, MSN, ASK etc etc Do you honestly believe you'll be able to become bigger than these sites? [I'm not having a go at you here, I just want your point of view as I was puzzled as to why people would want to challenge them unless they are a company with a lot of backing and money etc]

Jord

JoRd, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eyezshine, if you like it, take it, its yours then.

Good luck!

[​IMG]

Arnie, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    eyezshine likes this.
  11. netridge

netridge Peon

Best Answers:
    nice search engine, I just bookmarked it. Good luck, I was trying to build my own but couldn't find any software to do it.

The design could be a little better, you might want to go with a 2.0 web look for the name design or logo.

netridge, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  12. eyezshine

eyezshine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jord,

I'm really not trying to become bigger than "Google, Yahoo!, MSN, ASK etc etc", I am simply trying to create a better search engine than them. And I think people power is the answer. I also realize as soon as my engine gains even a little bit of popularity there will be scripts all over the web copying it and my engine will slowly fade to nothing. Or google or one of the bigger engines will try to buy me out. I say "try" because I don't think I would sell.

I really do feel like a small fish in a huge ocean with alot of whales and sharks. But so what! Google was just a couple of college kids when AltaVista.com was the whale and they ran AV into nothing. Of course they had some money backing them in the beginning. I have no money backing me except for the money I make in my fence company and my websites.
    But, I say anything is possible.

Either way, Vmgo.com will be there and I will keep working on it making it better and it will slowly gain more and more people using it every day and in 10 years from now, who knows?

I do think I am going to get a new domain name for it. Anyone want to sell me a good one?

eyezshine, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can keep your domain name, always the best not to change it. Sounds like YMCA or so. People will remember once it is branded. Maybe somebody can compose a song to your project :D

Arnie, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  14. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just remember, I have a domain registered which is related with your project. If you really want to change domain - I have http://findgreat.info. If that is what you looking for PM me your offer.

Arnie, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  15. Smeey

Smeey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, keep the domain, it's great!

Smeey, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  16. th13rteen

th13rteen Banned

Best Answers:
    You really need to work on the logo. I'm not sure if I like the name either. Vmgo?? Don't keep the site so simple. Make it look good. But you make sure that you don't have a lot of movement (in art terms) in your site.

Plus your brief description on the homepage is a bit weird. Like "Simply type in a keyword and click "Search", isn't that what you can do on Google too. And all search engines.

Don't see any uniqueness. That's all I have. Good job though.

th13rteen, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  17. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could add a "donate box"....

Just an idea....

It isn't often I "recheck" my posts and look for progress, but your VMGO Search Engine has me interested....

Looking Good man, real good!

Good Luck

L2

L2ride55, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  18. L2ride55

L2ride55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the Logo Arnie drew up for you....

L2

L2ride55, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  19. FirstByte

FirstByte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think your Next Gen search Engine needs a new name, something catchy

FirstByte, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  20. eyezshine

eyezshine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Catchy domain names are hard to find. I do think vmgo is brandable but may take some time to get it in peoples heads. "I'll vmgo that" or "I vmgo'd that" doesn't really roll of the toung if you know what I mean. But it is very easy to type on the keyboard. try it!

What would help alot is if everyone put a search box on their sites allowing your visitors to search vmgo.com which would give it more exposure to the masses.

One of these days I am going to finish my "brandable" search engine that you will be able to use for your websites. That is one of my goals. I want everyone to be able to have web search for their sites that you can make it look just like your site using editable headers and footers. I also want to have RSS feeds for programmers to use for free.

But I need to scale it up more before I open that can of worms.

What are your thoughts on the RSS and Brandable search?

eyezshine, Jun 21, 2008 IP