1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What things piss you off of a blog?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by rohan_shenoy, Jun 17, 2008.

Hey guys, you sure must have been to others' blog. I know not every blog is the same. I would like to know from you what pisses you off on a blog? Is that the blogger posting his personal rants with gratification, excessive use of sarcasm, attitude, posting ethics, etc?

I get most pissed and boiled when I see a blogger stealing full articles fom other popular blogs and putting a 'Source' link at the bottom of the post.

rohan_shenoy, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  2. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that pisses off most honest bloggers and webmasters, but what is worse is when they copy the article and don't even give a source link or anything that says who actually wrote it.

myp, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  3. Lurker

Lurker Peon

Best Answers:
    Stealing content and/or taking credit for it ranks #1 for most I'm sure. It ranks #1 for me anyway. I don't think anyone really has the right to complain about the tone in which posts are written in because ultimately the blog belongs to the blog owner and he or she can post whatever they want, however they want.

If I don't like the way someone blogs I just find another blog to read. It's easy. Almost everybody's got one!

Lurker, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  4. zeldaze

zeldaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate crummy designs and layouts that look like little 6 year old kids designed the site. It makes it terribly hard to read and makes the site look bad. Stealing content like mentioned also sucks, and lastly, I hate blogs who seem to be paying around 20cents per month on shitty hosting so their readers have to sit around for 30 mins or more waiting for a single page to load. They may as well stick to the free Wordpress or Blogger hosting.

zeldaze, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  5. niessuh

niessuh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blogs with too much ads. poor design. and a blog with a last post a month ago

niessuh, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  6. banji

banji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Need to login just to comment.. It's like the blogger don't want you to comment, if he's having a problem with spammer, just moderate it.

banji, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  7. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't stand promoting NON free stuff as FREE stuff!!!

EricBruggema, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  8. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say this pisses me off, but if puts me off, the following.

If you call yourself an expert or a guru, you have just made sure that il never return to your blog.

pipes, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  9. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate when my articles are stolen!!!!

Another annoying pet peeve about blogs are the peeling paper corner links that some bloggers have (filled with ads).

8everything, Jun 18, 2008 IP
    CountryBoy likes this.
  10. SFolega

SFolega Peon

Best Answers:
    Too many ads is a turn off for me. I admit that I have overloaded a blog with ads, but I soon saw the error of my ways!

Pop up ads and music is a huge turn off! We go to blogs to read content not to listen to the music they like!

SFolega, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  11. Contrarian

Contrarian Guest

Best Answers:
    Make money blogs :mad:

Contrarian, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  12. SFolega

SFolega Peon

Best Answers:

Haha, why?

I admit that there do seem to be an awful lot of them and only a select few are actually useful.

SFolega, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Because most of them are bloggers who have never made a dime online and are just rehashing something that they read on another blog.

I also hate, "This is what I did today" blogs, because they are never interesting, unless it's industry specific from someone prevalent in the given industry.

Other things I hate, at least for my own blogs...
    *Adsense,
    *Free Hosted blogs that use standard template designs,
    *"buy me a beer" buttons on blogs that don't offer anything like plug ins, e books, or some kind of resource or script.

..and last but not least...blogs that link to illegal free downloads of software, or music, and stand on the idiotic stance that they are doing nothing wrong. (I know I probably pissed off half the bloggers here)

hmansfield, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  14. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then I hope you'll take a look at my learn to earn link in my signature. I like to think my posts are original content. Plus I HAVE made money online and I've discussed those methods AND posted proof of payment

dfourss, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  15. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I also don't like the advertisement bars at the top (the one that looks like the bar that your browser creates sometimes for things like blocking popups), it just makes it look spammy.

myp, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  16. indigobean2003

indigobean2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1.Bloggers that blog about their ugly kids or their cat.
    2.Over monetized blogs.

indigobean2003, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  17. arwen54

arwen54 Active Member

Best Answers:
    content scrapers annoy the crap out of me, especially when they have used one of my free templates or themes for their site, left my credit link intact, and then I'm mistaken for the content thief! That actually happened to me.
    :eek:

arwen54, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  18. Biztone

Biztone Peon

Best Answers:
    I let someone guest blog for me. I googled a pretty unique line from his post... he had sent the same article to other blogs. I pretty much thought it sucked. Here's the link http://biz-tone.blogspot.com/2008/03/guest-article-from-vkiebach.html. :mad:

Biztone, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  19. Biztone

Biztone Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sick of make money blogs... that look like they don't make a dime. I have a rss subscription to a blog like that. After reading his articles... it seems like he is feeling his way through the process and publishing advice like he is an authority on the subject.

Biztone, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  20. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make money blogs should also be posting proof of payment. That's one way to know if the blogger really knows anything about what they are writing about

dfourss, Jun 20, 2008 IP