1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense is Foolish

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by A.G, Jun 17, 2008.

1. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    But he says he wasn't publishing adsense at all (or hadn't for two months). It's probably lack of activity + lack of added value to advertisers that have led to the closure rather than illegal activity IMHO.

neforum, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  2. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes they really do strange things once they showed 5 clicks and 0 impressions?!!!

farhajr, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  3. dereklope

dereklope Banned

Best Answers:
    Well i honestly think that Adsense sucks payout is garbage.

dereklope, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  4. nuke

nuke Peon

Best Answers:

This is from adsense tos text

nuke, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  5. A.G

A.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if that's the case , then it's called pure stealing from small publishers
    where did you see this , I don't see such thing in their terms can you lead us to a link describe this , thanks
    I never used adsense outside my approved site and as I said I was only getting from 1 to 5 clicks daily and some days no clicks at all and most visitor were coming from google search , so no cheating at all , that's why I wonder why all this happen

anyway it's a warn for all publishers to put account disabling as possibility and don't rely on Adsense alone because you will never know when Google decide to close your account and remove your hard earned money, even if you were honest webmaster don't expect the program to be honest with you even how big names they are , that's my conclusion and my advice

A.G, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  6. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like the case is closed. :D

JohnS0N, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  7. A.G

A.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh that's the case , it's first time I see this term , ok the case is closed but what about the money that exist in t he account even it's 30 or 40$ google shouldn't just take it away , am I right ??

do you guys think it's fair term ?

Now I would say Google Adsense is not foolish , on the contrary it's very smart because he take small publishers account and the under 100$ money inside which is smart

A.G, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I feel that it is more trouble for their accounting dept to do that, they are a hundred billion dollars company, to them the less than $100 is really peanuts. They won't resort to such methods to get at such amount of money.

wisdomtool, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  9. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would contact them either way. Even though its only $30, those are still yours.

JohnS0N, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  10. catapop

catapop Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably in a future Microsoft will make an alliance with yahoo and then become a powerfull player against google. It will be nice to see some competition.

catapop, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  11. kamalsh01

kamalsh01 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Google is very sensitive and well versed company.

kamalsh01, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  12. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google had the advantage becuase they bought a text processing technology from some other company called Applied Semantics for $100 Million or so somewhere in the early 2000's that can deliver highly targeted ads, it gave them a good advantage. Although I think YPN and MS now can deliver pretty relevant ads. But any small players will never be able to deliver contextual related ads like Adsense,microsoft and yahoo.

Dollar, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  13. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    That was $100 million well spend, I guess Microsoft must be regretting as to why they themselves had not purchase the company when $100 million to them is pocket change :)

14. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that google is not that friendly to small publisher but they are friendly to big publisher even they are violating TOS google don't care.

Check this link from friendster this link was there for so long already and I have seen other pages also with this kind of content but they never close the site. While other smaller site when they include a picture where the boobs of a girl is exposed they automatically ban the site or the account.

here is a link
    http://profiles.friendster.com/user.php?uid=40298530
    http://www.friendster.com/photos/40298530/0/978824447
    http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos.php?a=0&uid=40298530

If they are really fair why they don't even make an action to this type of site....

PinoyIto, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  15. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Big publishers have the clout, if Adsense ban them, they can easily negotiate deals with the likes of MSN etc, therefore Google won't punish them easily as much as they can avoid. Life is never fail I guess :)

16. catapop

catapop Peon

Best Answers:
    google has the advantages of their page indexing engine. your pages are indexed by their search engine , then a list of keywords is generated depending you page content and then the ads are showed related to that keywords. They use their search technology that make them so successful to generate targeted ads. This thing can be done only by microsoft and yahoo who also have search engines. :)

catapop, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  17. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Google ads have performed well for me so far, but I've read way too many a story from webmasters who had their accounts closed. After a over a year of flawless use and several checks form Google, it may seem like I didn't need to feel alarmed, but I keep my eyes open and look for alternatives.

Have tried Adengage, but their pay per click is ridiculous, plus their advertisers are crappy, hence click through ratio is much lower than with AdSense. I'm not surprised though, cause I wouldn't want to click on any of those crappy advertisers AdEngage have myself. Hope there will be good another alternative I can switch to soon ;)

muncle, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  18. catapop

catapop Peon

Best Answers:
    Google ads have the highest CTR because G provide targeted ads. the others programs only provide ads. not content related ads.

catapop, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  19. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    AG that is funny, I know, how can they say your a risk when you dont even run any ads??

And wisdom There are tons of alternatives...Check out my sig link for a list...

Edit: AG I used to use adwords and I tracked all the clicks on where they came from and I had noticed some sites got banned or removed adsense and I never got any money back, even though I heard in here that google will send the money back to the adwords account holders...I never saw a penny. Will never use adwords again...

bestserviceforyou, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  20. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    The tons of alternatives are now where near the reach or scope of Adsense.