1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Self-Employed Are Happier People

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yo-yo, Apr 14, 2006.

1. MrSupplier

MrSupplier Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel alot happier, even if it will be less money it will be still cool)
    Feeling alot more free than excolleagues in slavery)

MrSupplier, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. itechgroup

itechgroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but there are days when I was wish that I was working for Microsoft especially when I see the $1000 monthly bill for health insurance. But it is nice to be able to take your kids to the zoo on a whims notice.

itechgroup, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  3. vord

vord Peon

Best Answers:
    There are downsides. Motivation can be a big problem for those working at home. You have to be a motivated type of person for things to work out, and I suspect most people will have some flaws in this area.

There are annoyances other than tax (I pay an accountant - saves me a load of work and he saves me the money I pay him). Biggest annoyance to me is clients that don't pay. Any work for clients needs to remain under your control until you've cashed the cheque. I was bitten once but not twice.

Generally though, while there will be a learning curve with disapointments on the way, but working for yourself can really improve your lifestyle.

vord, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  4. Ade355

Ade355 Peon

Best Answers:
    After uni I worked for a management consultancy for 3 years as a perm, then as an IT contractor for 5 years. Great money in contracting for sure if your working for big clients (im in finance, in the UK), and being a contractor is like running your own company and being your own boss, but you still have to travel and go into a work place etc.

Ive found it a good 'half-half' type arrangement. You have freedoms that an employee does not have, and you also have a much higher stream of income than a typical employee in IT.

Ade355, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  5. Kalev

Kalev Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, you can work and sleep when you want and earn 5 times (at least) more than when employed by others.

Kalev, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  6. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest selling point of BEING SELF-EMPLOYED to me, at least, is the ability to pursue your ideas and only be accountable to yourself. You are given free reign to turn ideas into reality.

webmasterlabor.com, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  7. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell me about it.
    Self-employed people without parents or access to a university are even happier.

demosfen, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  8. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    The problem is that I can work 1 hours a day one week and then dooing nothing rest of the month :)

latehorn, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That doesn't sound like a problem. At least not if you can afford to do so. :D

Will.Spencer, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  10. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes being self employed is a great experience. You are your boss. and you can push yourself much more then any other boss would push you. :D

I am working 14 hours a day. And I don't think I would work dedicated 14 Hours a day for someone else.

So I think the main thing being self employed is that you can acheive more out of yourself. :D

Nick_Mayhem, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  11. ehuq

ehuq Peon

Best Answers:
    I am self-employed at the same time an employee and an employer.

I work as a freelancer beside my main profession. So I am self-employed as well as an employee. Several guys help me for my freelancing jobs. So I am an employer too.

Obviously, when I work for myself I feel more happier. It's not easy to make others work for you. On the other hand working for an employer is always a headache. Self-employment is the best solution.

ehuq, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  12. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think self employed people are happy because they can work at home and also have flexible hours, however, it can also be more stressful if things aren't going right.

qwestcommunications, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  13. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it has pros and cons. The pros have been mentioned already, but in my case, it was more cons. I was working from home for only 3 months, but even if earnings where increasing i am happy to go for a job again, simply because i want to see people. In these 3 months i had my self set 9 to 3 shifts and after that i went to see friends or whatever, still you lack sociality after a while.

And of course, motivation goes down after a while, but maybe thats just me since i am doing tihs online stuff since 7 years. If you work from home and already have something established, you get bored soon and doing something else, even if its just delivering newspapers can do you good.

Also, working from home damages my health way more since i smoke a cigarette every 30 minutes, lol.

DaMa, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  14. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice article

LegendaryPosting, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  15. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is something i wish to achieve one of these days, and i shall.

DevilHellz, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  16. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    When u r self employed, ur skills can be used more without barriers (without bosses)

tradeepak, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  17. Solei

Solei Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not? Self-imployment makes you feel better

Solei, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  18. dojo

dojo Peon

Best Answers:
    There are people who can make it on their own and people who cannot make it with their own firm. I know it's nice to be your own boss, but on the other hand I know I work like crazy to be able to keep a good income. It's not easy being on your own, that's for sure :D

dojo, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  19. zoobie

zoobie Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if you earn a lot then I guess you're happier than other people who are working on a company or something.

zoobie, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  20. enigmatic9

enigmatic9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Being self emplyed gives you more options to experiment which you would otherwise refrain from taking if you were emplyed.

enigmatic9, Jun 15, 2007 IP