1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wtb Wts - Have You Been Burned Before - Wts Wtb

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by locals, Jun 14, 2008.

I have read ALOT of posts saying how people were getting scammed and what not on these transactions from users getting ripped off using pay pal and other methods so if you were " BURNED " on a transaction . . . WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT POST IT LIKE THIS PLEASE

SCAMMERS EMAIL : then place their email address here they used to scam you so we are aware of them

THE SCAM : PLEASE ADD YOUR STORY ON HOW THE SCAMMER SCAMMED

But please post his email address so we all know who not to pay on pay pal or other services THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !

THEN ALL THESE LOSERS CAN BE FOUND IN THE SAME PLACE

locals, Jun 14, 2008 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  2. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As i said in your other thread.. I dont think Moderators will allow your thread, I meant in all DP, if this is allowed then i think it would be in the general section, but now you already made duplicate threads which will most likely give a infraction so dont go and start another thread now at General Section

5ive, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  3. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this can be a post where users can check before sending another scammer money and ruining it for others and its not a duplicate posting the other one is selling a domain now . . .

locals, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  4. ProxyEffect

ProxyEffect Banned

Best Answers:
    Incorrect forum again.

ProxyEffect, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  5. sagargemini

sagargemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it must fall under General section. Secondly, I didn't understand what he exactly want the readers to post. Can someone please clarify??

sagargemini, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  6. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its Under Business - Domain Names Because Thats Where People Were Getting Burned On Domain Sales . . . Hence This Post Being Listed Here . . .

locals, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  7. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

He wants to make a Thread with scammers infos in it.. so if you have been scammed you post the scammers paypal email and a description on how it happened...

I can suggest the link in my signature too, you will understand which one i mean.. :rolleyes:

The OPs idea is good too but I dont believe DP would allow anything like this, (to post peoples PayPal IDs and so on and start to call each other scammers in the forum)

5ive, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  8. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:

This thread idea/concept already exists. Please add to it and we can keep it all in one place.

He wants for people who have been scammed to post the info in that thread. Not all readers, only those who have been ripped off by a scammer.

And yes, the mods moved it to the General Chat section

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=706452

GreenGambler, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  9. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    There are so many other places where people get burnt these days apart from domain sales, locals. Although I do appreciate your intention, you've probably asked yourself why this reaction from others particularly here on DP...

Unless forum owner puts up a dedicated section to address scamming and alert members of possible risks they are taking by accepting to trade online, isolated threads like yours will most probably fail to deliver the message, unfortunately. So I believe it's best to have a chat about your plan with the admin instead.

Good luck.

Clive, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  10. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get your point. And I do appreciate the forums that do post sticky Warning threads. For these types of posts.

However it is VERY reccomended that you take advantage of the domain name sections of the forums and let the world know that your name was stolen.

This way, at least the next potentiall buyer of the stolen name can search Google or other SE's before buying to make sure no red flags appear.
    If you search either of my stolen domain names, the threads appear on the top of the results saying they were stolen from me.

Having your stolen names indexed as stolen is a very good idea, IMO.

GreenGambler, Jun 16, 2008 IP
    Clive likes this.
  11. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically my point to the T . . . a SCAMMER CAN GET BANNED and CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT BUT it is a bigger hassle for them to go through all the work of editing their info where ever they are getting the money put into using what ever email they are using . . .
    SO PLEASE ONLY : for page 2

Scammers Email : The Email they used with the payment program they used

The SCAM : If you care to tell what happened

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  12. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I KNOW AND I HAVE DONE SOME THING ABOUT IT TOO Post Up Your Reply . . . that is for if you have purchased a script online and all of a sudden the support just VANISHED . . . or IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND A SERVICE THAT YOU THOUGHT WAS GREAT AND WANTED TO LET OTHERS KNOW . . . its not just to knock people it is to help people also . . . YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE I HAVE SAVED FROM OURSPACE 2 COOL CODE THEY SUCK THEIR SUPPORT SUCKS AND THEIR MYSPACE SCRIPT BUILT ON FLAT FILES (that they dont tell you til after purchase) SUCKS ! so anyways Post Up Your Reply

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  13. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    . . .SOLUTION. . .

THE NEXT DOMAIN I SELL WILL BE HAND TO HAND . . . I WILL FLY OUT TO WHERE EVER THEY ARE, MEET AT THEIR BANK AND DO GODADDY TRANSFER SITTING IN THE BANK WITH MONEY IN HAND ! PERIOD ONLY WAY I WILL SELL !

THAT WILL STOP ALL SCAMS !

SELL YOUR DOMAIN FOR WHAT IS WORTH . . . and you can afford the plane ticket . . .

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  14. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    What if you get paid with fake money if you meet the buyer face to face... Or if you go that far and transact inside a bank, there can always be someone around the corner to hit you and take your money away. The more you panic, the more chances are that you'll face it.

Put the caps away, sit back and relax :)

Clive, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  15. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am glad those questions came up . . .

Question :What if you get paid with fake money if you meet the buyer face to face

Answer : "MEET AT THEIR BANK AND DO GODADDY TRANSFER SITTING IN THE BANK WITH MONEY IN HAND !"

the bank doesnt give phony money . . .

Question : there can always be someone around the corner to hit you and take your money away

Answer : after a 5 - 10,000 dollar transaction you can hire a limo service that comes with security back to the airport

AND IT WILL BE NO MONEY OUT OF POCKET IF YOU ASK FOR 10% UP FRONT YOU CAN BUY YOUR TICKET WITH THEIR MONEY :D

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  16. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Easier to just use an escrow service to sell your domain. Much easier. Use a reputable escrow and it will be secure, too.

Clive, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  17. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then you have to pay them more than the round trip plane ticket ecspecially if it is a good domain . . .AND THATS ALL I BUY . . . :D so if i sell for example some of my sites that are for sale like

S E O S a v i n g s . c o m
    D a t e H o t L o c a l s . c o m and some others i am not paying 800 + dollars to one of those "safe escrow" places . . . I WANT MY MONEY LOL

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  18. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Whenever I come accross a seller that is desperate about money, I usually get the best deal possible out of it, just a point to note. Be cool, and professional.

Does buying plane tickets to go and sell something sounds right to you these days? Gather more to support your principles and "Ebay Airlines" might become an extremely profitable business model to consider.

Clive, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  19. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as internet exists we will see and get scammed, its always good if we can reduce that a bit tho.. But i would not fly to any other place just to sell a domain or buy :eek:

5ive, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  20. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will i live in the states and will fly to another state why not i just made 10,000 dollars i can have fun where ever i am $:D$ $:D$ $:D$

OH YEAH AND I KNOW I DIDNT JUST LOSE MY 10,000 DOLLAR DOMAIN EITHER

locals, Jun 16, 2008 IP