1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zero Traffic From Directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jgriff225, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    See you can't hold a mature conversation can you - yep that's exactly what I thought and others on here too.

Why stupid? Sorry you keep changing your mind over whether you own CantUfind, come on make up your mind Jamie, either you own this or you don't. Actually I was referring to the vast amount of empty directories out there. So at least put the story right, do you own cantufind, there are mixed feelings here and you're confusing people on here. If you own it, fine, if you don't then why attack me for putting it down? That's just mental, so put the story straight and then people won't think you're lying.

But since you insulted me, what the heck so I'll comment on exactly what Cantufind's problem is. 10 sites in one category, 4 in another and your show stopping 415 :rolleyes:

SEO Firms are very easy to get filled, so your fantastic achievement isn't anything at all. I could set up an SEO category within 2 minutes and have 50 sites listed by tommorrow - so no it's not that impressive okay! 415 is an okay number as a starting point, just don't think it's the orgasm you make it out to be. If you had managed to fill ALL categories with that number, then you may have something that's okay - but would still need a crazy amount of money pumped into it to force it anywhere.

If you think that 5 sites in a category means full, then you are wrong. Get at least 200 in each before you start boasting. I got no enjoyment from seeing empty or low filled categories like these:

Contests (0)
    Cultures and Groups (0)
    Genres (3)
    Regional (0)
    Awards (1)
    Organizations (1)
    Associations (2)
    Publishing and Printing (8)
    Regional Business and Economy (1)
    Computer Mailing Lists (0)

At least your Regional category is better, but as a searcher on checking the first 3 main categories, I have to say I wasn't impressed. Had I been an ordinary searcher, I'm quite sure I'd be looking elsewhere for my information, but as a directory owner I kinda feel for the problems associated with this so I wasn't too brutal. I could have ripped it to shit if I chose - I just want you to know that :)

You have a lot of categories that are very low on sites, you want to get those sorted, or people will rip it to bits on that single point alone. I've been there....... You have so much work to do with this directory, you do not know yet.

Event_King, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  2. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    It's hard to hold a conversation with a 19 year old someone who claims to know it all, everything from running a massive empire to being a trained bodyguard on 200K a year. :rolleyes:

As for Cantufind, lets make it clear, I have a significant interest in it, whether I own it or not has nothing to do with you or anyone else end of story. It has a long way to go to recover its old database maintaining the claim of being the safest directory on the internet (which it strives to be, and has done for the past 8 years) To do this they have to go the extra mile on vetting sites both in the pre-existing database and new sites.

you might well be able to set up several hundred categories by tomorrow but I'm betting you could never review them to the standards we do and achieve that. Mind you, if you take your words you could make moon blue and the sun spin backwards. :rolleyes:

For the record, 5 links of quality is far better than 100 links of crap. Quality my boy, not quantity is the key to success. 5 of quality is full in my books.

As said, there is a hell of a lot of work to be done there but it will get done at a rate of knots, not to justify to people like you as your nothing more than a billy the bullshitter from what I gather, (prove me wrong on that one). CUF will be re-populated under their terms no-one elses.

Now when you have something of interest to say I'll happilly join in, until then haven't you got a huge corperation to run in between watching big brother. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the anonymous red btw, have the balls to sign it next time though.

JamieG, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  3. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    This speaks volumes as to the true purpose of the directory. Since we are told that the directory is the "Internets primary Family Safe Searching system" I guess the explanation is that in the alternative reality that is the pay for inclusion directory industry families are big on SEO.

nebuchadrezzar, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  4. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:

No problem, I sure will, send me your email address and I'll send you proof that I'm a trained bodyguard.

I'm so going to enjoy this :D

Event_King, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  5. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm waiting. :rolleyes: send it via p.m

That's the problem with you being uneducated, this is one tiny proportion of the directory. Check each link in that section before opening your trap, you'll see they are all 'family safe' and don't lead to a million link farms or undesirable material as many thousands of other so called seo companies do. Compare it with the crap in dmoz where you'll see hundreds of dead or poor quality links if you like. ;)

JamieG, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  6. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing inherently wrong with "your" directory, it is what it is.

What is wrong is the complete and utter absurdity of what is being said. It is being promoted as the "Internets primary Family Safe Searching system". That it has hundreds of empty categories, except that oddly enough the SEO category is cram packed with 415 sites, is one of many clues of what its true intent is.

Just for an experiment Jamie why don't you have a nice relaxing cup of tea (I recommend English Breakfast Tea), it really helps you focus your thoughts. Then stand in front of a mirror and see if you can say to yourself “It IS the Internets primary Family Safe Searching system” with a straight face. If in doing so you do not collapse onto the ground in uncontrollable laughter it is likely that your directory cognitive delirium disorder is advanced well beyond the point of rational discussion.

nebuchadrezzar, Jun 15, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  7. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    On a serious note neb, and all banter aside, absolutely yes, this is what's taking so long getting it populated as we have such strict rules we're declining more than we are accepting from both old and new databases. Find one link in that directory that is anything other than family safe. Ignore just the one category of seo's, look at the thousands of others, then argue the point.

I'm not giving away too much but can tell you that every other so called family safe facility I can rip apart and demonstrate (sadly) quite graphically why they aren't.

Watch this space instead of arguing all the time, you'll see what I mean.

JamieG, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  8. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a definitive version of family safe that is universally accepted by all ? or is the version of family safe as deemed by each directory owner ?

regardless, i have no doubts you will enhance and nurture one top directory that will stand the test of time.

DownUnder, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  9. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Sent you a p.m Downunder, not discussing my plans on here. ;)

JamieG, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  10. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Still waiting for your email address Jamie...... :)

Event_King, Jun 16, 2008 IP