1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Can I do to a Meebo Clone? How Can I market it? - Best Ans = $50

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by RapidFire, Jun 14, 2008.

Ok, after all of this fuzz here about cloning Meebo and everything, I finially finished it yesterday, I cloned the entire site, even have it in every language. Now, how can I market it, meebo is so big now, how can I ever competite with them? Please give me some ideas of how I can make Meebo better, and I will add it to my site. Please pm me all marketting, promotion, and addons that I can use on my cloned site.

I am also looking for partners so if you would like to join me, please pm me as well.

The winner that provides me with the best tip will get $50 :)

RapidFire, Jun 14, 2008 IP
    deshabhishek007 likes this.
  2. levampire

levampire Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So bad you wont sell the script ?

Thx, LeVampire

levampire, Jun 14, 2008 IP
    rochow and deshabhishek007 like this.
  3. Owni

Owni Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    want a tip?

1. Wait till the Meebo frenzy is gone, create an unique layout, if the script does the same it will also be
    a succes. People come back because they want to use a topnotch service.

2. Branding. Give your site a new name, dont use Meebo Clone, or Better than Meebo.. dont use even use
    the keyword Meebo in your HTML. You could use it in an adwords campaign for example. So Brand your
    service.

Owni, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  4. enquiries0009

enquiries0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you want i am interested in becoming your business partner. I had many marketing ideas to promote ur product. If you are interested means pm me.

enquiries0009, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  5. RapidFire

RapidFire Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It took me over 2 months to make it, sorry I am not planning to sell it.

RapidFire, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  6. rkquest

rkquest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The only way I can see to promote this is create a buzz. Call it "The Meebo Killer" and you'll get different kinds of reactions, some will be positive, some will be negative. It doesn't matter as long as they're talking about it. The name and domain should be short and very easy to remember so when people are talking about it, the name will stick to them.

Now to create the buzz you're gonna have to buy reviews here on DP or somewhere else. Make sure the reviewer will refer to your site as "The Meebo Killer" whether they agree or not. They can mention that on the review if they agree that the site is indeed going to be "The Meebo Killer" or not.

So you're gonna have to look for blogs that will review your site. Make sure the blogs have a decent amount of regular visitors. Check if the posts in that blog gets comments and discussion because you want people to talk about it. You don't have to limit yourself to blogs. You can also pay some people to post their reviews in different high-traffic forums.

Now here's the important thing. Your attack should be synchronized. What I mean by that is make agreements with the reviewers (blog and forums) that they will post the review on a specific date (or dates) so the impact is big. If it's successfull, "The Meebo Killer" will be on top of every RSS aggregators. You can also ask (or pay) people to digg and stumble those reviews so you'll be visible on social bookmarking sites as well. But make sure it's all synchronized on a certain date (or dates).

Do this on a Tuesday (first wave), then again on Thursday (second wave). I believe those days of the week is when people are mostly online (I think I read it somewhere).

I hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck! :)

rkquest, Jun 14, 2008 IP
    definitive likes this.
  7. DrMedo7

DrMedo7 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    rkquest has got a point here .

I will think of something and reply here .

DrMedo7, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  8. RapidFire

RapidFire Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, rkquest that was a good suggestion, It's going to be a hard decision to pick who will win the $50. So I am going to open the voting to the public, whoever gets the most votes wins.

Also for everyone that pmed me about 50/50 partnership, I am not up for that, I am looking at more of a $50 deal where I pay you to help me, unless you have something really good to offer. The most I would go is still 20/80.

RapidFire, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  9. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'd suggest you try to build a lot of hype/buzz (call it whatever you want) pre-launch. If you have the budget try buying paid reviews on related prolific blogs and also start a network of niche blogs promoting your site.

Try creating some other portals like Squidoo, HubPages etc. as this will certainly help build the buzz. Most importantly, try to concentrate on natural traffic as this will eb extremely important in the long-run.

One other good idea would be to print t-shirts with your URL printed and sell them very cheap. Offer a clause which says that you'll fully refund their purchase price if they send you a hpoto of them wearing your tshirt in public :)

Lord Hades, Jun 15, 2008 IP
    zexy likes this.
  10. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can i be your partner?
    What is the benefit of become partner with you?
    What is your URL?

mentos, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  11. RapidFire

RapidFire Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know, what can you offer me, if you are my partner? I would like to keep the url undisclosed till I have figured out the right way that I can launch this site.

Regards,

RapidFire, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  12. damircea

damircea Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can make you one , PM me if interested. CHEAP!

damircea, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  13. RapidFire

RapidFire Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please stop spamming all the threads with your meebo fake clone

RapidFire, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  14. thetop1

thetop1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Use Adwords strategy, also most of other great PPC + DIgg, Stumbleupon & all social bookmarks out there + Yahoo, Google group etc + Get a large lists of email & email your promotions + Flyers, Posters everywhere + Pay potential bloggers/blogs to blog about the sites + Pay forum posters to post/promote about the site and many more.... :D

thetop1, Jun 21, 2008 IP