1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 6 Advanced SEO, Google Tips You Might Not Know About!

Discussion in 'Google' started by James Dean Nash, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tip #1 - Link out to dominant, authority sites in your niche but make sure to use the "nofollow" tag on the links. This helps Google and other search engines better determine what your page is about...plus your users gain more insight about what your page is about... Can you say more RELEVANCE!! Usually what I will do is link my page out to a relevant Wikipedia page. Also linking out IMO will help your site get crawled faster as well....

Tip #2 - Do alot of inner page linking in the content on your website. But not just any pages...the most similar and relevant pages of your site. An easy way to know what Google thinks are relevant and similar pages within your site is to perform this search in Google.... site:http://www.mydomain.com "My keyword for this page" then Google will pull up all similar pages in your site for that keyword.. Then just link to together...This also helps the flow of PR and crawl ability of your site..

Tip #3 - Do not bleed the theme of your pages.....Bleeding your theme basically means stay on topic to keep your pages HIGHLY RELEVANT to the topic of the page....Example If I have a page about "wedding gifts" then if I choose to link out from my page to another page in or out of my site about "wedding hairstyles" then I should use the "nofollow" tag....This way your keeping your page highly relevant to the search engines that this page is about wedding gifts and not wedding hairstyles..

Tip #4 - Silo Structure - Most people don't know about using the silo structure but it really helps to keep you from bleeding the themes and really takes your page relevancy to its full potential....Heres some nice easy graphs to help you understand it more.....Basically keep your apples with your apples and oranges with your oranges...and if you link out to an orange from an apple page then use a nofollow tag...

Tip #5 - If you must buy links then do not buy blogroll links, sitewide links, footer links, non relevant pages with your links...these types of bought links are known to be an area of abuse....

Tip #6 - Any virtual real estate that you own that has an RSS feed then anywhere you can place that RSS feed then do it....If you build Squidoo pages, hubpages etc.. then add your blog feeds, article feeds etc to these pages but not in full text. Publish only snippets of your feeds this will defeat the possibility of duplicate content ....This will help your pages crawl ability, relevance, freshness..and everytime you publish an article or make a new blog post then your links will be spread everywhere....

EX: Say I have a 5 squidoo pages...in each one of these Squidoo pages I have my blog's rss feed...So now every time I publish a post on my blog then the 5 squidoo pages will have my blog post on them....Now just think if you had 50 squidoo pages with your feeds on them...Thats syndication power!!

These are just a few sorda advanced SEO, marketing tips that you can put to use today! If you want more FREE tips then grab my no strings attached FREE BOOK today!

James Dean Nash, Jun 13, 2008 IP
    dayjober and nervo like this.
  2. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tip #2 is such a simple idea, dont know why I never thought of it. Thanks for the hardwork James.

The way you described it there didnt make sense when I first read it, anyone who is also confused, go to google and type "site:www.domainname.com keyword" then link those pages together.

Cheers

Gazzerman, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  3. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    No Problem man.......

If you have a custom search engine then you can use that to find the most relevant and similar pages too...

4. corb

corb Peon

Best Answers:
    heeeey some good advice there

corb, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  5. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    I thought sitewide links (blogrolls etc) are fine!? If they are not AND if they can indeed hurt one's ranking then it's easy for me to put up a sitewide link of my competitor's website on a forum with thousands of pages indexed that'll kill his SEO efforts right? Or make his page's "importance" much less important. Please share your thoughts on this matter?

Thanks!
    z

zee, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  6. nervo

nervo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips, thanks!

nervo, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  7. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said it would hurt your rankings....but I do not think it will help you either because IMO Google knows of the abuse in that area...It looks more natural if you gain links in content, not footers, blog rolls and sitewide links.

8. cicero

cicero Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx a lot for those tips :D

I plan to use them soon

cicero, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  9. quintin671

quintin671 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips. Some of them I don't think are that important but others are great.

quintin671, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  10. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    Liked all of ur tips Great work mate keep it up.

drvenom, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  11. webmindz24

webmindz24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nicely explained the top 6 Advanced SEO.. Thanks for sharing..

webmindz24, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  12. o-m-c

o-m-c Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice advice ... Thanks.

o-m-c, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  13. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really some tips are new and not discussed earlier. Thanks for the share :)

dairyman, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  14. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem everyone!! And I am glad you all like the tips...I just wrote up 4 more tips on my blog go check them out too..That makes it 10 tips...Do you have tip #11...

James Dean Nash, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  15. Giorgi

Giorgi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What makes you belive that using nofollow tag will make it more relevant? just askin'

Giorgi, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  16. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Emm,really good tips..bookmarked

enous, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  17. davidtl99

davidtl99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent tips. ill keep this in mind when adding content to my sites.

davidtl99, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  18. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #1 tip is actually disproved some time ago at one of the threads in DP. One guy was doing it live for weeks to see if Google ranks high if you link to an authoritative site.

It's one of SEO myths. Only quality backlinks really count.

coolsitez, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  19. funseo

funseo Guest

Best Answers:
    very thank >>>>>

funseo, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  20. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips, and might be helpful...
    But if i will link to other websites as Tip #1 says:
    ( Link out to dominant, authority sites in your niche but make sure to use the "nofollow" )
    Using the "nofollow" tag how would Google really give me any benefits for doing that : Confused !

IEmailer.com, Jun 15, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.