1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Rich Jerk fraud or not?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by eng152, Mar 2, 2008.

?

He is a fraud

Poll closed Jun 10, 2008.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. Not Sure

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes your correct. Because common sense is the first thing. In this ebook we don't see a much content about Internet marketing. I think Digitalpoint is the best ever guide to learn everything related to Internet marketing.
    That's why i started this thread!

eng152, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it boils down to this. If these guys are really making that kind of money on the internet, why would they tell you what they are doing even if you pay them to? If they are making "millions", why would they sell a book for $10 or even $100? If I were making "millions" I would never tell you how I'm doing it unless you couldn't replicate it at which point there is no value in buying a manual on how to do it is there? Smart businesses protect their core business model, they never give it away. Any business that is willing to give away their whole business model for less than their business is worth is either stupid or is selling snake oil.

Ideastone, Apr 28, 2008 IP
    eng152 likes this.
  3. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    your correct. these people tell "They can make million of money", But they sell ebooks at very low rate comparing with that revenue. This is a best point to identify the truth. So we don't need to pay for an ebook.

eng152, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  4. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    looks like he is a fraud

hornetss, May 7, 2008 IP
  5. whatyaknow

whatyaknow Peon

Best Answers:
    Kinda off the subject of RJ, but does anyone think John Reese is the absolute king of online marketing?

whatyaknow, May 8, 2008 IP
  6. vishyjames

vishyjames Peon

Best Answers:
    the experts say its a fraud.

vishyjames, May 8, 2008 IP
  7. flx89

flx89 Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont buy ebooks that will tell you how to get rich...you need hard working to get rich,not just buying an ebook.
    Thrust me

flx89, May 8, 2008 IP
  8. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cant speak directly about rich jerk, but many of these guys are making millions by selling digital products such as their ebooks. They are telling you because they want you to become an affiliate under them and help sell their digital products while they take a percentage of the sale.

amedia, May 8, 2008 IP
  9. KonaGirl

KonaGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO the Rich Jerk is garbage. Most of the e-book is full of fluff and fillers. Most of what he says can be found for free. Some of his tactics are black hat and will get you banned by Google.

The book is a few years old and he did make a lot off of it when it first came out with it, but the little bit in it that was worth anything at the time can be found any where. I was given a free copy of it when it first came out and was very happy that I didn't pay for such dribble. About a year after his 15 minutes of fame I had read somewhere, don't remember where, that he had to file bankruptcy and lost his home. Hadn't heard anything about him other than that since he threw the Playboy mansion party.

I still see people trying to sell his e-book, only God knows why. Maybe to scam newbies that don't know any better.

Hope that helps.

KonaGirl, May 8, 2008 IP
  10. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    those guys who purchased his ebook and understood everything smartly they also stated working like him and started making fool of others and those didn't learned anything they can him fraud lolz :)

atulperx, May 8, 2008 IP
    eng152 and WeedGrinch like this.
  11. ChrisStigson

ChrisStigson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ehmm... he doesn't make his millions selling the $9.95 ebook... you have to understand that right? It's just a lead in product for a lot bigger and better things.. like coaching for $2999 and hosting acocounts, domains, aweber... tons of stuff... it's just a lead product to get you in the door. NOT A FRAUD.. I've used his tactics to make myself $10K in my spare time last year for fun.. now ramping it up and quitting school and now make hundreds per day... so..

There, it's not a fraud.

- Chris

ChrisStigson, May 8, 2008 IP
  12. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes they use affiliate via ebooks. so this is a good revenue point to them.:p

eng152, May 8, 2008 IP
  13. narutorocker

narutorocker Peon

Best Answers:
    wow his book is awesome I just downloaded it off mininova for free and i am impressed

narutorocker, May 8, 2008 IP
  14. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    why do you tell pirated things here?:confused:

eng152, May 9, 2008 IP
  15. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    Im currently reading RJ's ebook, and its definitly not a fraud. Well, the ebook isnt. The rest of his methods (like the free money making site) is dodgy, at best.

The ebook is good for newbs (as stated several times earlier), and experienced webmasters would never buy a "get rich overnight" ebook anyways, so I don't really see the problem. If you feel tempted to buy, you probably will find usefull information in his ebook, and if you only by looking at his site knows the tricks used you already know what's coming in the ebook, and no need to buy then.

emphi, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  16. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    yep it's a good ebook for newbies, But those simple tricks can be obtained in anywhere. LOL!

eng152, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  17. 200everyday

200everyday Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it had some really good information. Some exaggerated claims, but still pretty good.

200everyday, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  18. Fatos

Fatos Peon

Best Answers:
    If he has made already a lot of money with his site, then he is indeed a rich jerk now. :p

Fatos, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  19. johnlocke01

johnlocke01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think "fraud" is a strong word.

It simply contains very little substance. I'm not sure that there's enough information contained in that book for a new internet marketer to do anything but get himself into trouble (large adwords bills, etc.)

I do agree with Chris above though that looking at a $10 ebook and assuming it must be a fraud because "who could make money with that low a price" is short sighted. Every smart marketer has a "profit stream" where they sell a lower price item to collect leads, then sell a medium priced item to those buyers, then a high priced items to those buyers. You need to look at the life time value of the customer. Even if you don't have higher priced items to sell, you can sell them other $10-$20 products directly through email with no advertising cost.

johnlocke01, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  20. johnnybananas

johnnybananas Active Member

Best Answers:
    The book is not a scam its just uber basic.

If you have never gotten into the internet marketing game then check it out
    its a good starter course.

In fact, when it first came out I took one of the strategies and banked about
    20k off of it. Now I never use that anymore because I have other bigger
    income streams, but to start its real good.

Check it out, its a decent read.

But last I heard the guy was bankrupt. He was trying to sell his empire
    for a couple million, never really heard if he did or not.

johnnybananas, Jun 14, 2008 IP