1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone here make their living with Adsense only?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by harris5998, Apr 16, 2006.

Wondering if anyone here is able to make their living with Adsense only. I ask this because although I just started, I am addicted to Adsense! I could create and manage sites all day, it's fun for me. Unfortunately, I have a "job" and cannot devote all my "work time" to Adsense. But that's my goal, and I wonder if it's an achievable one...to replace my current income from my job with Adsense revenue.

Angela

harris5998, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some that do, but probably not the more "veteran" money earners of the group. Those who have been at this for a while knows that it's not very smart to put all your eggs in one basket, especially something as volatile as Adsense. Diversify, my son, it's the only smart thing to do in a market such as ours. ;)

jackburton2006, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  3. seowiz

seowiz Peon

Best Answers:
    yea.. i live on adsense income... but slowly diversifying into other ppc program... gonna diversify into affiliates within next few months once i tried all potential ppc...
    its true, adsense is very volatile... u should have a few accounts at least .. just incase.. :D

seowiz, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  4. hamoudi_a

hamoudi_a Guest

Best Answers:
    i agree guys....having adsense your only source of revenue is definately not safe for your business..what if your earnings suddenly dip , or you get banned, ect... So the best thing in my opinion is subscriptions..offer a service and charge a monthly or yearly fee for it.
    Of course affiliates are good too , but choose the ones that suit your site or else they wont convert into sales.

For me, Adsense is only % 25 of my income.

hamoudi_a, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  5. babbling

babbling Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything is volatile.

I don't think putting all your eggs into the AdSense basket is such a bad idea. You just need to have some reserve cash ready incase something changes, and be willing to discover new ways of making money from your website if AdSense happens to fail you. If you want extra security, come up with backup plans and be ready to execute them.

babbling, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  6. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I certanly don't live, but there are many people that do...More than we think maybe!

Jarodboy, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  7. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    I live off of my web sites but Adsense is a little less than half of my revenue. Other kinds of advertising, affiliate programs, and product sales are the other half. Although Adsense has (fortunately) grown over time to become a significant part of my business, I would certainly not want to depend on it as my ONLY source. It's important to diversify and have alternate ways of making money, even if that means having a conventional "day job."

ahearn, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  8. jordan5815

jordan5815 Peon

Best Answers:
    I get about 350 dollars a week from adsense. I still have a job to get more money, but i can live on 350 a week. Everytime they send me my check from adsense i just try to make my site better so i can get more money.

jordan5815, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  9. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I (and my company) live on adsense only. Our 80% revenue is from adsense only.

jimkarter, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the point is that putting your eggs into any one basket is a bad idea, Adsense notwithstanding. You're basically giving one group of people total control over your destiny. But if you diversify, and one source of income dries up, you have other sources to hold you over until you can replace the loss income. But if you just have one (say, Adsense, and suddenly you get the dreaded ban email), you will be without income until you can find another source. It's not easy to just make up another source of income out of the air; it takes weeks, months, to get a steady stream going. That's why, while you're still doing great with Adsense, it's not such a bad idea to start looking at other options just in case.

jackburton2006, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  11. dreamedia

dreamedia Peon

Best Answers:
    i started making a living off adsence this year, but i still do freelance in my old job parttime to get me away from the computer & stay fresh.

its harder getting to $10/day, than $100/day.

once you have one site that 30% [or more] of vistors are bookmarking its only a matter of time...

dreamedia, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  12. Hemanth

Hemanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.. It's a big issue :(

I cann't see adsense as a living.. But getting a check of $200 in my local currancies is good sum..:)

Hemanth, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  13. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats what I love.:) After conversion in my currently the money looks gooooood.:D

jimkarter, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  14. modulecart

modulecart Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you really love managing sites and adsense, I suggest that you try to slowly go into a job transition, if that is possible for you, find internet related jobs, work-at-home type of thing, then you can put more time into your adsense "goal", a lot of people here does earn from adsense alone, but I think that is not even 10% of the total DP population! (IMHO), to think that most DP members are masters of the internet universe.

As others suggested, try not to stick with one company only, throw a lot of mud on the wall, whatever sticks will be your cash cow. Just dont put too much emphasis on "I will just earn from Adsense" idea, diversify, look for other methods, even the best bloggers (six-figure net earners) on the planet tells you that you need to diversify and find other affiliates. I used to earn good on adsense but slowly, it is fading, and I have clues but answers to my dilemma are far from being known. Adsense people are the most "secretive department" there is, they ban you, limit you, smart-price you, and you are left stranded with no answers to your "why & what" questions, they will not even bother to explain what exactly are you doing that is bad for their TOS.

So if you have "addiction that to Adsense", I think you should stretch that addiction further and get addicted to other affiliate approaches too.

modulecart, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  15. daudi81

daudi81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is my bread and butter. I'm currently looking into the CPA thing though. So yes - I easily make a full time living off adsense.

daudi81, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  16. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to know that.. How many sites you got in your company? All whitehat?

wiresaw, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  17. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    the majority use ads beside their original job or education
    iam one of them

nancy_18am, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  18. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jm Karter has 100's of sites I belive and makes a good 5 figure sum per month. I think he has a team of writers working for him. You can read more on his blog jimkarter.com.

He did start an interesting case study where he started a Adsense niche site from scratch with the intention of making $1000 per month - this has gone a bit quiet for the last few months so I assume it hasnt gone well.

andyj00, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  19. cormar

cormar Peon

Best Answers:
    Big guys not only depends on adsense but affiliate marketing as well. It fetches them more money.

cormar, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  20. jamaican

jamaican Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no much time to work for Adsense. its so hard to get adsense revenue for me :(

jamaican, Apr 16, 2009 IP