1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace Advertising?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by boohlick, Apr 13, 2006.

1. froghat

froghat Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice in myspace you can send bulletin's that will post on all your friends homepages at once. If you can build up a nice friends list this would be a nice way to promote your new articles on your homepage. Do you guys use this method?

froghat, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am still wondering if this is allowed or will MySpace kick you off for promoting. I don't want to build of visitors by spamming anyone. :confused:

allout, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  3. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you could get banned, most people dont though as its hard for myspace to track it obviously. The way most people get banned is from alot of users reporting your messages as spam. But you can build 1k+ friends a day easy.

jabb, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  4. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just signed up for myspace how do get so many friends?

allout, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  5. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Put some titties in your profile and buy an automatic train adder.

jabb, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  6. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To get traffic from Myspace do you have to join up and create your own myspace webpage or can you just sign up and leave comments and things on pages like other myspace user pages or groups, etc.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  7. froghat

froghat Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a quick way to add lots of users from a certain group? Right now I'm doing it one by one by hand

froghat, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  8. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you really think MySpace would frown upon something like bulletin-based promotion? :confused:

A partner and I are doing something like this right now on eBay... we just set the minimum bid to 1/5 of our nearest competitor. Link in sig :eek:

phree_radical, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  9. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    Well thanks there scott for the info :) currently ive created an account and still trying to get more friends as much as possible
    Im just wondering :confused: whether my australian immigration assistance site will be a hit in on myspace members. I also notice that only entertainment related sites are the ones that get good results in myspace advertising.
    Im hoping that i can some good results in myspace :)

boohlick, Apr 17, 2006 IP
    keisuke takahashi likes this.
  10. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    No i dont think they do care about people posting trains and add me messages in bulletins, its not spam because your friends are all opt in and its only them who see the bulletins.

jabb, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  11. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad someone could get a little value from my experiences. You hit the nail on the head about what sites perform well there. It's a massive market, but if your site isn't targeted towards teens and young adults you'll probably just be wasting time and resources trying to tap it.

Scott

ScottBannon, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  12. tccoder

tccoder Peon

Best Answers:

Take a look at http://www.dbtech.org/myspace

tccoder, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  13. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think so at all if you think that then your obviously doing something wrong. Basically whatever your site is about theres a market on myspace for it. Look at myspace groups for example http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.categories you could then go to the health, wellness and fitness groups like ive been doing lately and let them know about your site which is full of affiliate skin care treatments etc. Join the group and talk in there forums or just use an auto mailer to let them know, put the links on your profile whatever, its easy money on myspace and people who think its all about marketing kids and teens sites at myspace are totally wrong.

jabb, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  14. gotalkmoney

gotalkmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had my website myspace profile for about 2 months. I"ve never had any troubles. I try to send out maybe 1 bulletin a month so I don't come off as a spammer.

My technique is to find a group that relates to my website and add them as friends. Believe or not, I get a lot of positive messages back.

I have a program that grabs all IDs in a particular group and will then transfer it to a list so that you can add them as friends. If you want it, just pm me and I'll send you the link on where you can download it.

gotalkmoney, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  15. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jabb, you're correct that there are small niches within myspace where almost any type of site could market itself, but overall in my experience these small niches require more work than they're worth for the traffic they'll provide.

I suppose I should have prefaced my comments with the fact that sure, anybody can use myspace for a traffic boost--but what's the point if it's poor traffic? I prefer a hundred visitors who are seeking the products or services I'm offering over ten-thousand who aren't any day. I'm in business to earn money, not gain alexa rankings or just basically inflate site stats.

The types of sites which can reach the widest market with the least effort are eye/ear candy sites. If you have something that's entertainment related myspace is a great place to explore. Look at all of the bands and artists using it now, they've figured this out.

Any other type of site could certainly gain some traffic there, but I think the time and resources would be better spent marketing it elsewhere that would provide a different/better quality of traffic.

Just my input,
    Scott

ScottBannon, Apr 18, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  16. freemyspacelayouts

freemyspacelayouts Peon

Best Answers:
    i think in myspace your profile should be added by the people who willing to add you as a friends , if you tend to used software to do that .. it defeat the purpose ..

freemyspacelayouts, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  17. adonthenet

adonthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    i can build profiles for some fee ;-)

btw.. i mean huge profiles:)

adonthenet, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  18. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what is that myspace, guys?? Is it something like hi5, sms.cc ??

toby, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  19. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    How much do you charge? I sell for $9 per 1000 friends and i make 3k-5k friends a day each profile, usually around 5 profiles a day. Although its getting pretty annoying now with all the programs running my pc isnt all that good and it slows it down quite a bit :(

jabb, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  20. Ade355

Ade355 Peon

Best Answers:
    Isnt myspace just turning into a 'who has the biggest contact network' competition. Which just means, contact networks become irrelevant, due to their size and nobody realistically being able to view all their friends.... hence no marketing value ? ?

Ade355, Apr 19, 2006 IP