1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page CTR touches 650%

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bodybuilder, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Nyceane

Nyceane Member

Best Answers:
    how do you do that? what kind of site do you own? =-/

Nyceane, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. webfelogix

webfelogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    you are in a critical positions dude, better be careful, or it may be a makeover just to get impressed at DP because your either having a bad day with adsense or with your yourself, if its for real than you should immediately informed google about it, thats little bit of execrated traffic that you are getting.

webfelogix, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you have very low traffic (page impressions - visits) with several ad clicks per visit. 1 impression & 4 clicks = 400%. And it's happening every day. You sure you don't have a friend who is trying to "help" you make money. It appears this friend is the only visitor you have based on the high CTR and high eCPM. If you had more visitors (who didn't click as much), it would moderate and lower your CTR and eCPM.

stackman, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  4. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The image is fake ...... Look at the dates on the left ... they are not in any order - there is nothing in adsense that allows you to show dates out of order like this.

Geraldm, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  5. Ankur Sharma

Ankur Sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, contact google as soon as possible If they ban your account , no way you can get back your account. You will be banned for life .

Ankur Sharma, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  6. welkin

welkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even without looking at the image I suppose it's most probably fake. :)

welkin, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  7. akeblogger

akeblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you contact google immediately

akeblogger, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  8. tanujdude91

tanujdude91 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol this is huge...saw something like this for the first time..Do tell us what reply you got from the Big G

tanujdude91, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  9. kg_lew

kg_lew Peon

Best Answers:
    wow... just contact google to make sure you dont get banned...

kg_lew, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  10. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If this happened, all of a sudden. Then yes, contact Google. But if this has been going on for a few weeks, and google has not done anything, then its legit. Google's adsense bots are a lot smarter than you think, and they can tell if something is fraud or not.

Bottomline, if this happened in the past day or too, then contact Google just to be on the safe side. If it has been going for more than a week, then probably its legit.

hbsjcd3, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  11. DrewAnderson

DrewAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure there is. Make a report spanning the past couple of years, then sort by Page CTR. Voila, dates out of order.

It looks like bodybuilder has a page that gets very low traffic, and every once in a while someone clicks on all his ads. On the days that Google decided the clicks were invalid, they made no money and got $0.00 eCPM. It doesn't happen all that often, so I wouldn't be too worried. Installing Google Analytics would help Google to track the click bombs (and make sure they're not coming from bodyguard), and getting more traffic would mask the effect.

DrewAnderson, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  12. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, it's fake. CTR would not be such exact numbers over and over.

live-cms_com, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  13. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    i am getting 104% ctr is that fine?

sb1234, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  14. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it could -- if he's getting only one page impression.

1 impression + 4 clicks = 400%
    1 impression + 5 clicks = 500%
    1 impression + 6 clicks = 600%

stackman, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  15. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I saw a CTR for 200% in AdSense yesterday, but it's for a page that got one visitor and 2 clicks. I know my wife will open ads in a new window and go through several from a Google search, not seen here do this from a publisher website, but I'm sure some people do this.

The image covers Sept 2007 to May 2008 and it's clearly been sorted by CTR and has been cut to show only the highest CTRs. This could be done with someone setting up a channel for an ad on one page that's never visited, someone goes to that page and clicks an ad X number of times and then leaves.

1 impression is registered, but each click counts for 100% CTR, so 3 clicks = 300% CTR.

The 650% CTR can be achieved by visiting the page twice that day and clicking 13 times.
    The 350% CTR can be achieved by visiting the page twice that day and clicking 7 times.

The high eCPM doesn't mean this is a great niche, means nothing.

eCPM is based on money earned for 1,000 impressions, taking the 13 clicks example above from 2 impressions we have an eCPM of $910.82 which means the 13 clicks earned $1.82 or $0.14 a click which isn't that good.

Not sure why we see 0 for some eCPM values, maybe public service ads clicked?

This assumes it's for very small amounts of traffic (impressions), if it's for a reasonable number of impressions we are seeing significant click fraud. The 0 eCPM for some days makes me think it's not a great deal of impressions (generally 1 impression a day).

David Law

SEO-Expert, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  16. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    104% if click fraud isn't involved means every visitor you get clicks on at least one ad and a small amount of visitors clicks on 2 adds. To get that exact number one way would be-

96% of visitors click on 1 ad.
    4% of visitors click on 2 ads.

Obviously there's other ways to get this number of clicks, but this is the simplest to explain and show how it's unlikely to happen.

For this to happen in the real world (no click fraud) I think you'd need a minimum 25 impressions with 24 visitors clicking once and one visitor clicking twice. I've not gone to the trouble of writing a formula to confirm this, but think it's the smallest number of impressions (25) that can result in a 104% CTR.

This is unrealistic since in the real world we are lucky to see above 5% of visitors click an ad, so 25 aren't going to all click.

So something is wrong.

Could be you got 25 impressions (or a multiple of 25) and 1 of the visitors clicked 20 odd ads for every 25 impressions you got. So if you had 100 impressions, you are seeing 80+ clicks due to click fraud.

David Law

SEO-Expert, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  17. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Then the thread is useless anyway.

live-cms_com, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  18. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Someone is clicking your ads a lot, report it to Google so you won't get banned :)

Whitey, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  19. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Howdy.
    I don't think it's a clickbomb nor a goldmine. These are legitimate stats, and I stumbled on similar stats via a different (not adsense) program with my websites.

Look at the eCPM.

Such stats are actually possible on parked/MFA websites/pages, if you filter your earnings and order by revenue.

Occasionally, once or twice a year, one of the 2-3 visitors of that day will click several ads. So you have one visitor, with one pageview, that just generated 3 clicks and earned you a $1.
    If 1 impression=$1, it means $1000 eCPM.
    1 Impression , 3 clicks = 300% CTR.

It happens.

Cheers

Computer(Jew), Jun 13, 2008 IP
  20. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers: